Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone catch the Darlington race last night

Started by pioneerhog, May 08, 2005, 07:56:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

I was wanting to get your thoughts on the Waltrip-Green fued that went on all night long. It started out on the first few laps with Jeff Green getting into Waltrip and sending him in the wall. Then when Waltrip gets back out on the track he gets into Green and hits him 3 or 4 times and Green is able to keep it straight. Then several laps later Waltrip gets back into Green and keeps hitting him until he looses control and wrecks. From everything I could tell Green didn't intentionally get into Waltrip, it looked like an honest mistake, but when Waltrip KEPT getting into Green it was obvious that it wasn't a mistake, he was doing it on purpose. Nascar calles them into the office after the race but it doesn't look like they are going to do anything to either one of them. I personally think that Waltrip should have, at the least, been fined and docked points, but I think they should have actually suspended him for a race or two. When you are wrecking people on purpose you are putting every one on that track in danger and Nascar, with their big push for safty, shouldn't put up with someone putting someones life in danger. So what are your thoughts on this unfortunate event, it not only makes these to bad but it also makes Nascar look bad.

tophawg19

pioneer i think this goes back a couple races although i can't remember what started it . i missed the race so i don't know what happened but they had already had problems .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pioneerhog

Yes they did. I believe it started at Martinsville, but that doesn't matter this was blowing it out of the water. There is no excuse for it and I thought something should have been done about it. And ole DW just kept takeing up for his little brother, I got so tired of listening to him takeing up for him that I almost quite watching it.

maniax22bolts20

Can't you just hear DW ? "Dedgumbed it ! You sic 'em Mikey !" Now he's better than that. Biffle sure blazed into the first place finish though didn't he ?

maniax22bolts20

boogity boogity boo.. Blam ! Blam ! Nyah nyah ya missed me. Kawooom ! (return fire)  Grin. Sounds of army ants snacking....

tophawg19

darlington is tough enough without a couple cowboys beatin & bangin .  They got Tony Stewert
calmed down now it seems dale jr. has started driving pretty rough . i'm wondering if living up to the name isn't starting to put pressure on him . Jeff Gordan is on a roll and between him and Jimmy Johnson the pressure is starting to build on everyone . J.Gordon looked like Dale SR. at taladaga
i guess chasing him all these years is paying off .

Semper Hogelis

Yep, Yep. Its a ongoing thing with those two. I'll side with the Veteran driver on this one. Did ya check out what Big Jimmy Spencer had to say on Speed Channel Victory Lane after about Kurt Bush. He was dead on. Seems Kurt threw one of hid fits in the pits, and was told to shut his engine down as a penalty, then he there a water bottle at a Nascar official. people take about Jeff. Bush is the biggest whiner out there.  :'(
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

tophawg19

kurt busch can drive but he is stupid you never admit to causing a wreck to win a race . NASCAR
should have parked his ass for a month . 2 weeks for intentionally wrecking a car to get the
win & 2 weeks for general stupidity .saying something like that on national T.V how stupid can you get . spencer kicked his butt later though .

Hogdude

The deal with Mike & Green does go way back. Maybe even before Martinsville. What's interesting is, Mikey is the one that pretty much put Green in his first Bush ride. They are from the same town.

I'm NOT a Mikey basher, I kinda like him, but what he's doing is wrong. If it were any other driver NASCAR would have slammed him. But he is a media darling & sponsors dream. This seems to be Mickeys only flaw. Though I think he had issues with Andretti when Andretti drove the 43 too. Maybe it's the 43?

I for one like DW. He's knowledgeable, and entertaining at the same time. If you don't like it, turn it off. Pork 'N Beans, you don't sound like a true NASCAR fan anyway. Probably don't know the first thing about Racing. Only watch it, if you do watch it at all, because it "the in thing" right now. The Boogity Boogity Boogity thing is just a catch phrase thing and only said ONE TIME PER RACE. The FIRST green flag lap. Obviously you are not watching the whole race or you would know that. I'll admit it can get old, but what does it really matter. I like it at the start.

Someone also noted that Bush never admits he caused a wreck? Not sure about that, but I do know that JIMMIE JOHNSON NEVER DOES ANYTHING WRONG.... Don't believe me??? Just ask Jimmie Johnson.......

tophawg19

hogdude read again K.B did admit it on national T.V no less . he was almost bragging he was called to the trailer and recieved a big fine . if he'd denied it he wouldn't have been fined . he and spencer
kept a feud going for a while . it ended in a fight with spencer kicking his butt . glad to have a nascar fan on board .

Hogdude

I didn't say Bush DIDN'T admit it. I thought you said he didn't admit it. I honestly don't know if he did or not. I did see the walking interview where he said NASCAR called him to the OVAL OFFICE to discuss the tire issue, changing two or three. Which was STUPID on his part like Spencer said.

I understand the Spencer feud. Bush got what he deserved on that one. I also think Bush learned from that incedent. I like both Spencer & Bush. Bush has a bit of Stewart in him. He tries to hide it more than Stewart. Which can work against him.

Long & short..... Bush screwed up. Don't think he'll do it again. The Michael Waltrip thing is what I was mainly talking about. Green may or may not be to blame on that one. But even if Green is innocent, he'll still come off as the bad guy. Mikey is a media darling.

Hope that clears it up a bit. No harm intended.

tophawg19

i didn't take it that way . always glad to see nascar fans or fans of most kinds of racing . i missed darlington so i didn't get to see it . poineerhog was unhappy with mike and it sounds like he was wrong . i just wonder how long this problem has gone on as you said they are from the same town.
mikey is well liked and with nascar perception is everything so not much will be done . probably a minor fine .

pioneerhog

I am like tophawg, it is good to see another Nascar fan on here. This fued didn't really bother me any, being from Batesville and the fact that he and my dad use to run around together, I am a Martin fan. The thing that pissed me off the most is the way DW tried to put it on Greene, I know they are brother but if he couldn't give a neutral view then he should have sat there and not said a thing. Fueds are part of racing, weather it is on a dirt track or in Nascar, that is one of the reasons people watch it. But when you start wrecking people intentionally then something needs to be done, I guess it could be settled like it is at most dirt tracks, after the race both guys get out of their cars and see who the better man is with their fists.

tophawg19

they may all be related you know how kentucky folks are  ;D  dw was a great driver and usually a good announcer but in this case he should have let the other guys handle it . in nascar you can't fight anymore the sponsers wont tolerate it and without them your gone .

tophawg19

theres a few of us not to many yet . 21 i'm guessing a rudd fan man you do pick a tough one to
cheer for . he's been struggling for a while  no wonder your a hog fan . we've struggled for a while to .

pioneerhog

Yeah 21 there isn't to many of us on here that will openly admit to being Nascar fans. I think there may be more than just use few but that they are afraid to admit it. And welcome to Hogville, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Buff

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 08, 2005, 07:56:44 pm
I was wanting to get your thoughts on the Waltrip-Green fued that went on all night long. It started out on the first few laps with Jeff Green getting into Waltrip and sending him in the wall. Then when Waltrip gets back out on the track he gets into Green and hits him 3 or 4 times and Green is able to keep it straight. Then several laps later Waltrip gets back into Green and keeps hitting him until he looses control and wrecks. From everything I could tell Green didn't intentionally get into Waltrip, it looked like an honest mistake, but when Waltrip KEPT getting into Green it was obvious that it wasn't a mistake, he was doing it on purpose. Nascar calles them into the office after the race but it doesn't look like they are going to do anything to either one of them. I personally think that Waltrip should have, at the least, been fined and docked points, but I think they should have actually suspended him for a race or two. When you are wrecking people on purpose you are putting every one on that track in danger and Nascar, with their big push for safty, shouldn't put up with someone putting someones life in danger. So what are your thoughts on this unfortunate event, it not only makes these to bad but it also makes Nascar look bad.

started back at martinsville.

i loved it because for a min. it took nascar back to the days before the politically-correct settle-disputes-off-the-track-inside-the-big-red-hauler days, back when problems were solved on the track.  think back to the 80's Dale Sr. and DW rivalry

Buff

Quote from: Hogdude on May 10, 2005, 09:36:18 am
I'm NOT a Mikey basher, I kinda like him, but what he's doing is wrong. If it were any other driver NASCAR would have slammed him. But he is a media darling & sponsors dream. This seems to be Mickeys only flaw.
can't talk about nascar showing favoritism to anyone any more. they're just totally inconsistent with penalties.  example - Dale Jr. was docked 25 championship points last fall for saying one cuss word during a celebration, but K.B. completely cussed out an official at Darlington, and hasn't gotten anything yet.  add to that the fact that Dale Jr. is basically Nascar's golden boy now

tophawg19

dale jr . is driving pretty rough as of late seems like the names riding him pretty hard .i'll never forget when he started during a caution he and dale sr were talking on the radio and sr. told him to go hit the pace car . what for came jr's reply .you hit everything else on the damn track you might as well hit him too . another time they were racing side by side bumping and sr called jr's pit crew and told them to remind jr who the hell owned his car .

Buff

he's agressive, but doesn't seem to be running into the back or sides of other cars on the track as a habit...........yet

tophawg19

can you believe 2 nascar topics on the same day . these new drivers are going to eleminate some of the older drivers and i will be sad to see some of them go .

pioneerhog

It's hard to believe isn't it Top, maybe we are bringing out the Nascar fan in more of these guys.

Buff

rusty and mark this year.  marlin's contract expires after this year.  who's next to go?

pioneerhog

Rudd is getting up there in years, Shrader(sp?) has been around a while too. Them two would probably be a good guess. Shrader has also bought a dirt track so he has something to do when he retires.

tophawg19

Jarrett may go pretty soon too his son is racing & i expect we will see dj leave to help there .

tophawg19

Ken S . will probably leave nascar to go back to the dirt tracks  he loves . financialy i can't see him lasting much longer to many up & coming young drivers who are to good at PR work .

tophawg19

they are probably close to folding anyway ken's name is keeping a sponser but as poorly as they've run you wonder how much longer .

tophawg19

yeah. he's 1 of the good guys hate to see so many leaving but it has to happen . maybe he leaves on his own terms . i expect R. RUDD  to go pretty soon as well he's been doing it a long time .
burnout has to be a problem as is not being able to be with your family much .