Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beck to Iowa State

Started by ColoradoHawg, February 03, 2005, 12:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ColoradoHawg

Brice Beck has chosen Iowa State. Probably because the other schools wouldn't start him. Chris Smith is headed to UCA, when he could've went to Vanderbilt. Dumb move. These are Blytheville players by the way... Any news on any other B'ville players is welcome and I ask for it.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ColoradoHawg on February 03, 2005, 12:56:25 pm
Brice Beck has chosen Iowa State. Probably because the other schools wouldn't start him. Chris Smith is headed to UCA, when he could've went to Vanderbilt. Dumb move. These are Blytheville players by the way... Any news on any other B'ville players is welcome and I ask for it.

Clark Irwin is headed to UA to walk-on, where someone affiliated with Central told me he could have gone to Harvard on an academic scholarship. I know the love for the Hog is strong in that house, but geez, not to to Harvard? Boston? Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics? Oh well, when I was 18 I pretty much was only about the Hogs and going to UA too.

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

ColoradoHawg

I would've accepted the scholarship to Harvard too. Thats grade A edumacation there...and he skipped out on it to walk on? Talk about dedication...

hawkeyefan17

Being a big Iowa Hawkeye fan I would love to see Brice Beck start but he won't. Brett Meyer started most of last season for the Cyclones as a true freshman and he did very well considering his youth.

Austin Flynn is his back-up and is a junior I believe next season and he has been decent for the Cyclones. I just don't see how Beck will start next year given the fact that Brett Meyer will be a true sophomore next season and he'll have a full season of playng time over Beck.

Iowa State did go 7-5 last season with a win in the Independence bowl over Miami of Ohio. I would have loved to have seen an Iowa State vs. Arkansas Independence Bowl match-up.

IF he does start the Hawkeye defense will eat his lunch.

Big Papa Satan

Beck isn't a D-1 QB.  If he starts, then ISU is in trouble.

However, he is a D-1 punter.

hawkeyefan17

He won't start, Iowa State signed a kid from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma QB Houston Jones and from what I read he's supposed to be pretty good, so there are three guys right there that will probably be ahead of Brice Beck on the depth chart. I would think he probably could have gone somewhere else and play, maybe he loves the rich history of Iowa State football?...na, couldn't be. Why would he go there anyway? Maybe there's a connection there I don't know about?

Ben Steiger

I must admit, I do love ISU football. It's really neat, and I'd love to go a game some day.

Your uniforms are really nifty!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: ColoradoHawg on February 03, 2005, 01:03:38 pm
I would've accepted the scholarship to Harvard too. Thats grade A edumacation there...and he skipped out on it to walk on? Talk about dedication...
Knew of a kid who hade a choice of a full ride at Harvard or Yale. His choice, he went to OU because his girlfriend was going there. Ahhh, teen love. ::)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

ColoradoHawg

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on February 03, 2005, 11:00:22 pm
He won't start, Iowa State signed a kid from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma QB Houston Jones and from what I read he's supposed to be pretty good, so there are three guys right there that will probably be ahead of Brice Beck on the depth chart. I would think he probably could have gone somewhere else and play, maybe he loves the rich history of Iowa State football?...na, couldn't be. Why would he go there anyway? Maybe there's a connection there I don't know about?

Probably wanted to get the hell out of Blytheville......

hawgfan_18

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on February 03, 2005, 11:00:22 pm
I beleive the hogs were in on him.

hawgfan_18

Quote from: PorcineSublime on February 08, 2005, 10:14:50 am
Quote from: ColoradoHawg on February 03, 2005, 01:03:38 pm
Knew of a kid who hade a choice of a full ride at Harvard or Yale. His choice, he went to OU because his girlfriend was going there. Ahhh, teen love. ::)
Isn't that the same reason DeAngelo WIlliams decided to go to Memphis, because of a girlfriend.?

killamon

brice beck?.......next topic please

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on April 26, 2005, 11:19:05 pmIsn't that the same reason DeAngelo WIlliams decided to go to Memphis, because of a girlfriend.?

Nope.  That story is 100% untrue.