Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dick Enberg—rest in peace

Started by Tejano Jawg, December 22, 2017, 02:04:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/21842570/dick-enberg-beloved-broadcaster-dies-age-82

Another memorable voice is gone. I don't know what network is doing the upcoming Winter Olympics, but I wonder if he was going to make an occasional appearance.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

cosmodrum

Yep, this sucks. Goodbye to another legend.
Go away, batin'

Inhogswetrust

Oh man very sad. I just woke up and saw that. He was one of my all time favorites. He wanted to be a teacher yet got into broadcasting to supplement that income. He also had a earned Doctorate degree. He has been recognized by several Hall of Fames and Emmys. Deservedly so.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Torqued pork

He always seemed to enjoy the games he covered and it made even the bad games more watchable.

HogCzar1

Without question, one of the very best ever. Very sad to learn of his passing. Thanks, Mr. Enberg for all the memories. RIP

Mo_Better_Hogs

Boy, a giant for sure. I flipped on ESPN this morning a saw a piece on him. What a great career, showing up in so many different sports.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....