Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now . . . can DMac follow big game with another?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 29, 2015, 04:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

He was strong today...again. The rushing numbers weren't great, but he was the leading receiver (which isn't good for the team.)

I was invited to the game today, sitting in one of the odd field-level suites near a goal line. In the Cowboys first drive, they were on our end. DMac was really running hard, cutting sharp, punishing tacklers. At the end of the 3rd quarter, again right in front of us, he had a super run, down inside the 10. But a penalty scratched the play.

So for the second straight week, he had a winning TD or a run to potentially set up the winning TD called back. I'm sure all the sports stations will be talking about him tonight and tomorrow. I'll report back.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

clutch

He's been a bargain for the cowboys the past 2 games. Too bad they don't have a QB

EastexHawg

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 01, 2015, 11:00:31 pm
He was strong today…again. The rushing numbers weren't great, but he was the leading receiver (which isn't good for the team.)

At one point during the second half Fox put up a graphic showing that Cassell had only thrown one pass more than 10 yards downfield.  97 yards passing, 3.9 per attempt.  Pathetic.

Darren has carried 49 times in two games, an average of 25 per.  Randle averaged 13 rushing attempts and never carried more than 18 in any game.  Darren is averaging 4.0, Randle was at 4.1.  One back is getting twice as many attempts lately than the other was getting on average.  Of course that is due to injury, but the difference in opportunities exists nonetheless.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 02, 2015, 09:51:46 am
At one point during the second half Fox put up a graphic showing that Cassell had only thrown one pass more than 10 yards downfield.  97 yards passing, 3.9 per attempt.  Pathetic.

Darren has carried 49 times in two games, an average of 25 per.  Randle averaged 13 rushing attempts and never carried more than 18 in any game.  Darren is averaging 4.0, Randle was at 4.1.  One back is getting twice as many attempts lately than the other was getting on average.  Of course that is due to injury, but the difference in opportunities exists nonetheless.

It's hard to compare those two with ypc stats. Randale had two starts with a competent QB that surely helped ease the pressure he was going to see.

PonderinHog

arkfan81

Have faith...

Dr. Starcs

Wonder if the romo haters will finally shut up after going 0-6 and counting without him this year.

After 12-4 last year with the same team.

Dmac every bit as good Murray this year. No doubt about it.

HawgAdvocate

Post game quote of the night, Lane Johnson on facing Greg Hardy: "I've faced better. ... When things aren't going well he's a guy that shuts it down."

The Cowboys' season is over.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Tejano Jawg

I was there. McFadden was excellent. Not enough downfield threat (passing). Philly ain't that great, but we made them look pretty good. Our D has too many holes. Kinda like the Hogs' D lately.

I don't know how the Cowboys rebound from this. Our coaching staff can't figure out how to adjust to what the opponents' defenses are doing...which is NOT respecting the pass.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 08, 2015, 10:26:13 pm
Wonder if the romo haters will finally shut up after going 0-6 and counting without him this year.

After 12-4 last year with the same team.

Dmac every bit as good Murray this year. No doubt about it.

I was thinking the same things last night. It should be clear what a difference maker he really is.