Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB Ryan Mallett missed the team's charter to Florida for the Dolphins game

Started by san1981, October 25, 2015, 10:32:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hawgon

Man, I hate to see a kid self destruct like he is apparently doing. 

hoglady

Even though I don't think the coach has treated Ryan fairly, he'd better grow up and quit acting like a spoiled child since he lost the starting job.
If he wants a future in the NFL whether it be starting or holding a clipboard he better straighten his act up.
The Texans are paying him a lot of money to hold that clipboard and he needs to be a professional.
Very disappointing. Have always rooted for him - but he's got to be better than this.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

McKdaddy

Quote from: hoglady on October 25, 2015, 10:36:19 am
Even though I don't think the coach has treated Ryan fairly, he'd better grow up and quit acting like a spoiled child since he lost the starting job.
If he wants a future in the NFL whether it be starting or holding a clipboard he better straighten his act up.
The Texans are paying him a lot of money to hold that clipboard and he needs to be a professional.
Very disappointing. Have always rooted for him - but he's got to be better than this.

Agreed....do your job.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Young man could have had a flat tire on the way to the airport...could have overslept.  Could have ate a bad Thai meal and got the squirts.  We don't know and as long as he made it there I don't think ol' dimple chin will hold it against him. 

Hawghiggs

If I was Mallett I'd be doing whatever I could do to get traded or cut from Houston.

Redhogs

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 25, 2015, 10:46:25 am
If I was Mallett I'd be doing whatever I could do to get traded or cut from Houston.
looks like he is....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hogarusa

It appears that he is
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Because he wants to play in the arena league?

Danny J

Makes me wonder if since moving to Houston he hasn't gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd. Leeches and parasites is what they are. They know how to party and show these players a good time. They have all the right connections to all kinds of illegal activities especially high $$$ call girls. I am just hoping that is not the case here.

Dr. Starcs

hawgon

Quote from: Danny J on October 25, 2015, 10:57:51 am
Makes me wonder if since moving to Houston he hasn't gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd. Leeches and parasites is what they are. They know how to party and show these players a good time. They have all the right connections to all kinds of illegal activities especially high $$$ call girls. I am just hoping that is not the case here.

Houston is awfully close to home.  But, no, I don't know of anything specific, just that I would imagine his "friends" and other assorted hangers on have come out of the woodwork in Houston, whereas in Boston, they were a bit more distant.

donk

Throwing motion looks funny too me.  Needs to put his helmet on better. ;)

hoghearted

Quote from: OTR on October 25, 2015, 10:43:33 am
Young man could have had a flat tire on the way to the airport...could have overslept.  Could have ate a bad Thai meal and got the squirts.  We don't know and as long as he made it there I don't think ol' dimple chin will hold it against him. 

Until we know what happened, I will reserve judgment.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

WxHog

All I can think of is the time he walked into a U of A lecture hall before a test and shouted "who's got a scantron for Ryan Mallett?"

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: WxHog on October 25, 2015, 11:45:36 am
All I can think of is the time he walked into a U of A lecture hall before a test and shouted "who's got a pencil for Ryan Mallett?"

Scantron man. Scantron.

And I believe the words were "who wanna give Ryan Mallett a scantron?"

Buff

Maybe Mallett should have just stayed home.  If I'm the Texans I cut him tomorrow, if he didn't have a damn good reason for missing the flight.  Currently 35-0 Miami.....haven't seen a whipping like this since Adrian Peterson caught his son stealing a candy bar.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Danny J on October 25, 2015, 10:57:51 am

I'm pretty sure you could say that about every NFL city (well, except maybe Green Bay).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Quote from: Buff on October 25, 2015, 01:29:52 pm
Maybe Mallett should have just stayed home.  If I'm the Texans I cut him tomorrow, if he didn't have a damn good reason for missing the flight.  Currently 35-0 Miami.....haven't seen a whipping like this since Adrian Peterson caught his son stealing a candy bar.

They were blasting the Texans on ESPN radio a little while ago.
Said the defense allowed Tannehill to throw 4 TD passes in 16 minutes of play. That the defense was just watching guys run past them. Then they started on Hoyer - said he was 1 for 9 for 7 yds at that time. That he and the Texans defense were an embarrassment to the NFL.
I mean they were torching all of them.
Sounds like the coach has lost the entire team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Bet Mallett wishes he would have been on time yesterday.
Hoyer has sucked, sucked today - Mallett could have possibly taken back his starting job.
I doubt he ever sees the field again, unless they drag Hoyer off a stretcher or something.
They can't cut Mallett without signing someone else, Savage is hurt and can't play.

alohawg

Mallett has pewed the scrooch and has no one to blame but the man in the mirror.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

Quote from: OTR on October 25, 2015, 10:43:33 am

Whatever excuse he would have that doesn't involve being detained by police, being in the hospital or saving someone from a burning building isn't good enough.
You want to be a starting NFL QB - leave in time to make it there no matter what might happen on the way.
The NFL doesn't do babysitting very well.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Buff

Quote from: san1981 on October 25, 2015, 04:27:08 pm
Hummm, he said he was stuck in traffic...

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/658383172699295745

Everyone else made it on time.  Leave early, be the first there.  Lead, or get out of the way.  Seems like he's content to get out of the way.

"Who wanna give Ryan Mallett some cab fare!?"

Cinco de Hogo

Simple answer to the question of the Texans is that BOB has lost the team.

hoglady

Quote from: san1981 on October 25, 2015, 04:27:08 pm
Hummm, he said he was stuck in traffic...

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/658383172699295745

I mean I've been stuck on the freeway for hours unable to move an inch. But it doesn't sound like that's what happened here. Just sounds like he was cutting it close and traffic was a little heavier than normal.
Mallett needs to get it together - there are lots of guys sitting at home who would LOVE to be holding that clipboard.

hoglady

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 25, 2015, 04:52:08 pm
Simple answer to the question of the Texans is that BOB has lost the team.

Yep - I agree.
He should have stayed at Penn St.