Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL being a bully again.

Started by DeltaBoy, October 19, 2015, 12:59:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://deadspin.com/cameron-heyward-wears-eye-black-honoring-his-late-fathe-1737356732

I'm Sorry they are constantly having throwback uniforms and other crap what is the under the eye paint an issue. I can see their point with Williams and his wanting to honor Mom but eye paint is a totally other matter . 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kodiakisland

When my boss tells me what I can and what I can't wear to work, I make a choice.  Wear what I'm told or don't and face the consequences.  For the players, the NFL is a job like any other.  They can do as they please and face the consequences like anyone else would at their job.  If they don't like it, do something else.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 24, 2015, 12:57:41 am
When my boss tells me what I can and what I can't wear to work, I make a choice.  Wear what I'm told or don't and face the consequences.  For the players, the NFL is a job like any other.  They can do as they please and face the consequences like anyone else would at their job.  If they don't like it, do something else.

True but if I want to wear pink dress shirts for the whole month of Oct for my Mom they would have no Issue with it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kodiakisland

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 27, 2015, 09:20:08 am
True but if I want to wear pink dress shirts for the whole month of Oct for my Mom they would have no Issue with it.

Is your employer the NFL, because if it's not it's irrelevant.  Some places of employment have uniforms and dress codes, some don't.  You pretty much have to go by who pays you, not who pays somebody else.  It's just like schools that have uniforms and strict dress codes for the students.  If they allowed one to deviate, they'd have to allow all to, so it's easier not to allow anyone to deviate.  More is being made of it than it is.  He can go do whatever he wants to remember his mom or anyone else when he's not at work.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/