Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dissing a different coach - Texans

Started by Hogsolo, October 09, 2015, 01:31:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsolo

From afar I thought Bill O'Brien was a good coach.  Never really paid attention to him, but he seemed successful generally.   Didn't really have an opinion, but gave him a pass based on Penn State and his Patriots back ground. 

Now I'm watching him handle this QB situation in Houston.   With no knowledge of the situation, it seems he made promises to Ryan and then signed Hoyer and acted like those promises never happened.   Leading to Hoyer getting the keys.

Ryan finally makes the field and shows his big arm and ability to get off the pass without bring sacked on every play.   He's not setting the world on fire, but he is showing talent.  Mallet is essentially the oldest rookie QB in the league, but he's never going to get a chance to develop in Houston. 

O'Brien can't make up his mind.  He has a team under performing and seems clueless as to why.  It does appear to me he wants Hoyer to be his guy and run a ball control offense.   

I'm not sure if Mallett would ever be a top 10 QB in the league or even a consistent starter.  But I do think that right now his career is being ruined by this mess in Houston.    It's a shame because he makes the impossible happen with his arm.  Would like very to see him get a chance to run a wide open offense with that cannon.   

Potosihog

I was very frustrated last night as Hoyer was put in the game at what appeared to be the "first available opportunity without losing face".  I must admit a few things:
1. Hoyer looked really good, better than RM when RM was playing really well.

2. RM's pouting on the sideline didn't help the situation.  I understand he is a competitor and you don't want him to be happy about it. However, it appeared he was rooting for his team to fail so he could play again.  (Big assumption I know but watch his face as they score and on every mistake Hoyer made).  Of course you would have many opportunities to see this because RM got almost as much camera time on the bench as Hoyer did on the field.  It was as if they were hoping he would blow a gasket.

3. BO looked wise in his decision until the last pass of the game.  The last pass of the game is indicative of why there is still a QB battle between Hoyer and RM in the first place.

I am sure it is frustrating for all.  I wish RM would have landed somewhere more suitable for a real opportunity.  He sure threw some nice looking passes last night.

longpig

Mallet's limiting factor (other than athleticism) is durability, always has been.  No team is going to make him 'the guy' because he lacks durability.  He lost the starting job because of injuries last season and he lost it again last night because of an injury.  The guy can't take a hit
Don't be scared, be smart.

DeltaBoy

Hoyer always shines coming off the Bench.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Danny J

Mallett is a moron for coming out of the game last night. He should have sucked it up and stayed in the game. Fighting for his job and he comes out. SMH

Also...the system he plays in is a terrible system not to mention the fact that their offensive line is horrible and they only have one decent WR...decent. He would be smart to get out of that system. Also...they will likely fire BOB after this season anyways.

SemperHawg

Outside of Mallett being a Hog and me hoping he does well, the way OBrien is handling this is terrible.  What he's doing isn't really fair to either of these guys.  I would think this was stupid even if it was two QBs that I didn't have an opinion on.

latrops

Quote from: longpig on October 09, 2015, 01:41:10 pm
Mallet's limiting factor (other than athleticism) is durability, always has been.  No team is going to make him 'the guy' because he lacks durability.  He lost the starting job because of injuries last season and he lost it again last night because of an injury.  The guy can't take a hit

Yes...his past opportunities have been cut short due to injury...but I don't think that is fair as it relates to last night.  He had just taken a hard hit and merely needed a play or two off.  Not at all uncommon.  He should have been afforded the opportunity to go back on after Hoyer got the first down.  Wonder if things would have played out differently had Foster not turned what should have been a catch resulting in a first down deep in Colts territory into an interception. 

I am not suggesting that RM is or has played so well that he should be locked in as starter.  Neither he nor Hoyer have excelled... However, coach BO has proven to have a quick hook with both qbs.  The result is that neither QB has really had a fair shot...and neither will get a fair shot if not afforded the opportunity to start and play at least a few weeks in a row.  Coach BO is doing a disservice to both Mallett and Hoyer with how he has handled the situation.

hogsanity

Quote from: latrops on October 09, 2015, 02:17:53 pm
Yes...his past opportunities have been cut short due to injury...but I don't think that is fair as it relates to last night.  He had just taken a hard hit and merely needed a play or two off.  Not at all uncommon.  He should have been afforded the opportunity to go back on after Hoyer got the first down.  Wonder if things would have played out differently had Foster not turned what should have been a catch resulting in a first down deep in Colts territory into an interception. 

I am not suggesting that RM is or has played so well that he should be locked in as starter.  Neither he nor Hoyer have excelled... However, coach BO has proven to have a quick hook with both qbs.  The result is that neither QB has really had a fair shot...and neither will get a fair shot if not afforded the opportunity to start and play at least a few weeks in a row.  Coach BO is doing a disservice to both Mallett and Hoyer with how he has handle the situation.

The Texans have LOTS of problems and as usual they are scapegoating the Qb ( whichever one happens to have been playing at the time ). The have little in the way of WR threats ( compared to most NFL teams ), they just got their stud RB back from injury. The OL is a mess. That is why, even with a 40 yr old backup as starter, I had the Colts to win straight up last.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Danny J

Their D is absolutely terrible. First drive of the second half and they made the hapless Colts look like Brady and the Pats. They are just a bad team. The best thing that can happen to Mallett is not getting to play and being traded away. Teams like this can ruin careers.

Ex-Trumpet

Mallett's biggest asset (his arm) is also his biggest deficit.  Short and medium throws are hard to catch.  They get dropped, bobbled, and intercepted.  He does not seem to throw a "catchable" ball.

And his pouting on the sidelines showed zero leadership...maybe that's his biggest deficit.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

latrops

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2015, 02:21:25 pm
The Texans have LOTS of problems and as usual they are scapegoating the Qb ( whichever one happens to have been playing at the time ). The have little in the way of WR threats ( compared to most NFL teams ), they just got their stud RB back from injury. The OL is a mess. That is why, even with a 40 yr old backup as starter, I had the Colts to win straight up last.

Odd that they were so willing to get rid of Andre Johnson given the issues everywhere else on offense.  They have an ongoing QB battle between a mediocre journeyman and an unproven third round pick from a few years back. Hopkins is their only relevant receiver....including their tight ends.  Their star rb misses as many games as he plays. 

Danny J

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 09, 2015, 02:30:52 pm
Mallett's biggest asset (his arm) is also his biggest deficit.  Short and medium throws are hard to catch.  They get dropped, bobbled, and intercepted.  He does not seem to throw a "catchable" ball.

And his pouting on the sidelines showed zero leadership...maybe that's his biggest deficit.
Yep...I can't imagine running full speed and trying to catch a 10 yard pass from him. Even with glue on your gloves it would still be hard.

Qui Gon Jinn

I think the thing that bothered me is that the announcers were talking up Hoyer like he was the second coming.  He didn't make any throws that Mallett didn't. His targets just caught the ball when he threw it.  That pass through Foster's hands was all on Foster.  They should have errors like baseball and not count that INT against the QB.  RM and AF haven't really practiced together that much.  Farve's receivers used to talk about him throwing the ball hard.  They got used to it and they thrived.

That decision to throw that last pass was all you need to know about Hoyer.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Hogarusa

I think he likes certain things about both QBs and they both have obvious flaws.  Mallett has not been good with his opportunities, not all his fault.  his sulking on the sidelines last night while his team made big plays will reflect poorly with his  teammates, difficult to lead that way.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

spahoopsfan

Quote from: longpig on October 09, 2015, 01:41:10 pm
he came out for what should have been two plays due to a illegal hit. please make sense when you make a statement.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 02:40:07 pm
Yep...I can't imagine running full speed and trying to catch a 10 yard pass from him. Even with glue on your gloves it would still be hard.
That pass would have been caught by a junior high school receiver.  Put the blame on the person who made the mistake.  Foster is not a good receiver nor a good runner anymore.  What did he have 42 yards rushing?  the coaching staff blew that game as well.  You do a quarterback sneak on 3rd down which was bad enough but then don't have the guts to go for it on 4th down.  The running game in the first half was terrible but you run it on first down 6 straight times, it's 2nd down and 21 on the colts side of the field and you run it up the middle.  Plus their defense it worst than the offense.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 09, 2015, 02:50:57 pm
I think he likes certain things about both QBs and they both have obvious flaws.  Mallett has not been good with his opportunities, not all his fault.  his sulking on the sidelines last night while his team made big plays will reflect poorly with his  teammates, difficult to lead that way.

I'm sure you would have been jumping for joy had you completed 70% of your passes (7 for 10) with two that should have been completions and you come out of the game for a couple of plays because it was the best for the team because you were temporary injured  and get replaced by a quarterback that you know you are better than. 

Hogarusa

Quote from: spahoopsfan on October 09, 2015, 03:03:34 pm
I'm sure you would have been jumping for joy had you completed 70% of your passes (7 for 10) with two that should have been completions and you come out of the game for a couple of plays because it was the best for the team because you were temporary injured  and get replaced by a quarterback that you know you are better than. 

Doesnt matter, he looked immature and selfious.  Those antics aren't going to play in the locker room.  Hoyer has now been named starter vs Jacksonville.  I imagine he will get another chance down the season but it was a very bad look

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 09, 2015, 03:06:25 pm
Doesnt matter, he looked immature and selfious.  Those antics aren't going to play in the locker room.  Hoyer has now been named starter vs Jacksonville.  I imagine he will get another chance down the season but it was a very bad look

Quote from: spahoopsfan on October 09, 2015, 03:03:34 pm

The guy was doing a great job.  Then he gets pulled- O'Brien saw an opportunity to get his "guy" in there and took it as fast as possible.   This crap about "hard throws" is just spin-cycle stuff.  Good grief, it's the NFL.  If the ball his a receiver's hands, it should be caught- EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Every single commentator says Mallett's "playing well".   

Then Hoyer comes in and completes passes against one busted coverage after the next. Looks like a hero.  Ya, if I'm Mallett, I'm talking to myself, too. 

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

alohawg

The biggest questions I have regarding Ryan Mallett: What exactly did he gain from his time in New England? What is he tangibly better at from the experience?
He still exhibits many, if not all of the same characteristics, including immaturity, does he not?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoghearted

Crappy O line play, RB who doesn't catch the ball, poor OC, porous defense. Yeah it's all on Mallett. *eyeroll*
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2015, 04:06:49 pm
Crappy O line play, RB who doesn't catch the ball, poor OC, porous defense. Yeah it's all on Mallett. *eyeroll*

It starts with the head coach, of course.

But Mallett acting like a whiney tit on the sidelines after he was pulled did nothing to gain respect from his teammates, Texans fans, or NFL fans.  Only Hog-colored glasses can see the upside from last night's antics.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

woodrow hog call

He may learn from last night, do not take yourself out of the game, stay in there until they see blood running down your uniform and then argue about being replaced.

Had he of stayed in the game and played through the pain his teammates would of gained a new respect for him, now, not so much.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hawgfan4life

Some people wear their emotions on their sleeves.  Not a desirable trait from a QB when things aren't going well.  Too many WRs to name act like that all the time and are called competitors.  QB acts that way and he is labeled immature.  Comes with the position.  RM should have learned that lesson by now.  Also, you don't pull yourself out of the game pointing at yourself and walking off the field regardless of position if your in a battle for the spot.  Dumb move!  RM is playing okay and needs the time as a starter to play through mistakes.  He is and always was a streaky QB.  He will miss several throws and then he gets hot and takes the team down the field in a flash.  He is in the wrong system (dink and dunk every play) and the wrong team for him to break through to the next level.  Too bad for him that he is hurting his own cause with mostly things he controls.

lefty08

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 09, 2015, 04:36:42 pm
He may learn from last night, do not take yourself out of the game, stay in there until they see blood running down your uniform and then argue about being replaced.

Had he of stayed in the game and played through the pain his teammates would of gained a new respect for him, now, not so much.

I think if you watch them play, its apparent (at least to me) that most of the offense prefers Mallet

It might have helped his cred with his teammates, but Obrien was obviously just waiting for an excuse to play Hoyer

Obrien is an idiot, the next pick Hoyer throws he will trot out Mallet, and so on. Its an Auburn sized dumpster fire right now
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Danny J

Totally agree....even Simms was saying the same thing. No way should he have come out of the game. He looked to be a whiny crybaby on the sideline like he was entitled to the job.

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 05:44:55 pm
Totally agree....even Simms was saying the same thing. No way should he have come out of the game. He looked to be a whiny crybaby on the sideline like he was entitled to the job.

I understand what you're saying about staying in the game.
But remember last year - he played a whole game with a torn pec, they lost, he lost a season because he further damaged the pec  - then got ripped to shreds for being so selfish he wouldn't take himself out therefore hurting his team.
It's a danged if you do, danged if you don't deal for him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: lefty08 on October 09, 2015, 05:33:59 pm
I think if you watch them play, its apparent (at least to me) that most of the offense prefers Mallet

It might have helped his cred with his teammates, but Obrien was obviously just waiting for an excuse to play Hoyer

Obrien is an idiot, the next pick Hoyer throws he will trot out Mallet, and so on. Its an Auburn sized dumpster fire right now

I will be shocked if Mallett ever sees the field again in Houston.
Hoyer could throw 5 pics and I don't think you'll see Mallett unless Hoyer gets hurt and carted off the field.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

dcrback

The Colts defense is terrible.  There were wide open receivers all night...Mallet could have thrown for over 300 yards also if he had not been left on the sidelines! >:(
I agree, he does need to change his attitude on the sidelines.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps...and yes, I would have sold guns to the Indians!

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2015, 06:05:03 pm
I understand what you're saying about staying in the game.
But remember last year - he played a whole game with a torn pec, they lost, he lost a season because he further damaged the pec  - then got ripped to shreds for being so selfish he wouldn't take himself out therefore hurting his team.
It's a danged if you do, danged if you don't deal for him.
I understand but at this point it may be his only legit shot. Things can unravel very quickly. I think the system along with the  quality of players on the team is just a bad fit for any QB much less RM. He needs out quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arizona.

lefty08

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 07:50:42 pm
I understand but at this point it may be his only legit shot. Things can unravel very quickly. I think the system along with the  quality of players on the team is just a bad fit for any QB much less RM. He needs out quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arizona.

Denver needs to pick him up, he would fit well there next season. thats if their receivers havent forgotten how to catch a spiral
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 07:50:42 pm

Hope he can get out of there after this season.
But he's got one more year left on his contract.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 09, 2015, 04:32:36 pm
It starts with the head coach, of course.

But Mallett acting like a whiney tit on the sidelines after he was pulled did nothing to gain respect from his teammates, Texans fans, or NFL fans.  Only Hog-colored glasses can see the upside from last night's antics.

Right. Look around at anything written about the game last night. Hog fans are the only ones that have something positive to say about Mallett. Same thing when he showed up late for practice the day after Hoyer was named the starter before the season.

I want Mallett to do well in the NFL, and I'd like to see him in an offense better suited for him. But he never impressed the coaching staff as the backup in New England (Hog fans were making excuses for him back when he was under-performing in preseason games too), has really shot himself in the foot this season, and didn't really take advantage of any of the game time opportunities he's had so far. Disadvantages aside (very few NFL players get inserted into a perfect situation) he's clearly not doing enough to help himself out.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

hoglady

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 09, 2015, 08:18:28 pm
Right. Look around at anything written about the game last night. Hog fans are the only ones that have something positive to say about Mallett. Same thing when he showed up late for practice the day after Hoyer was named the starter before the season.

I want Mallett to do well in the NFL, and I'd like to see him in an offense better suited for him. But he never impressed the coaching staff as the backup in New England (Hog fans were making excuses for him back when he was under-performing in preseason games too), has really shot himself in the foot this season, and didn't really take advantage of any of the game time opportunities he's had so far. Disadvantages aside (very few NFL players get inserted into a perfect situation) he's clearly not doing enough to help himself out.

Well - many of the Texans fans don't see things the way the media does. Read some of their message boards. It's not that they are pleased with Mallett - but they thought he got royally screwed over last night and think OB has screwed up both QB's for the season.
The yahoo sports article on the game talks about how terrible Mallett was playing prior to leaving the game.
I knew then whoever wrote it - didn't watch a minute of the game.

latrops

I seriously doubt his teammates are nearly as concerned with how Mallett responds to taking a hit or getting benched as are fans.  While I would have preferred that he cheered on his team in spite of the undeserved benching, his frustration in the moment is understandable.  It's not as though he threw a tantrum and yelled at everyone.  If anyone in the locker room is really worried about Mallett's facial expressions after getting benched, they probably need to reassess their focus.

I doubt much respect was gained or lost for anyone in that game...except maybe some lost for the head coach.

Smokehouse

Quote from: hoglady on October 09, 2015, 08:28:03 pm
Well - many of the Texans fans don't see things the way the media does. Read some of their message boards. It's not that they are pleased with Mallett - but they thought he got royally screwed over last night and think OB has screwed up both QB's for the season.
The yahoo sports article on the game talks about how terrible Mallett was playing prior to leaving the game.
I knew then whoever wrote it - didn't watch a minute of the game.

True. I don't think O'Brien has done a good job (NFL teams looking for a HC really need to stay out of the Bill Belichick coaching tree at this point) at all nor did Mallett have an ideal situation. But Hog fans play it off like he'd be a superstar if the NFL would just give him a chance. He's had many opportunities to impress someone and hasn't so far.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

lefty08

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 09, 2015, 08:31:44 pm
True. I don't think O'Brien has done a good job (NFL teams looking for a HC really need to stay out of the Bill Belichick coaching tree at this point) at all nor did Mallett have an ideal situation. But Hog fans play it off like he'd be a superstar if the NFL would just give him a chance. He's had many opportunities to impress someone and hasn't so far.

By many opportunities do you mean his 5 career starts or his practice time with new england

For what its worth, New England was high on him at some point, so much so their asking price for him was ridiculous.

He is talented, and has some maturity issues for sure, but to listen to some of you guys hes a cancer. Thats not the case, he is frustrated at how his career has gone, and I dont blame him. All of what has happened is not on him. I dont blame him for acting that way last night, it was bush league

latrops

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on October 09, 2015, 03:36:40 pm

The guy was doing a great job.  Then he gets pulled- O'Brien saw an opportunity to get his "guy" in there and took it as fast as possible.   This crap about "hard throws" is just spin-cycle stuff.  Good grief, it's the NFL.  If the ball his a receiver's hands, it should be caught- EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Every single commentator says Mallett's "playing well".   

He is the head coach and he named Hoyer the starter going into the season, only to yank him after a bad half in week 1.  If Hoyer is coach BO's "guy" then what was Mallett doing in there in the first place?  The problem is that he doesn't have much confidence in either of them and as a.result hasn't yet given either of them a fair shot.

Smokehouse

Quote from: lefty08 on October 09, 2015, 08:38:15 pm
By many opportunities do you mean his 5 career starts or his practice time with new england

For what its worth, New England was high on him at some point, so much so their asking price for him was ridiculous.

He is talented, and has some maturity issues for sure, but to listen to some of you guys hes a cancer. Thats not the case, he is frustrated at how his career has gone, and I dont blame him. All of what has happened is not on him. I dont blame him for acting that way last night, it was bush league

New England considered demoting him to third string at one point. There weren't ever any reports that came out that I can remember of people giving glowing reports on him from practice; a few little complimentary things but nothing you wouldn't find about any backup in the league. And in none of his 5 career starts has he really flashed anything more than slightly above-average QB play. You can blame that all on the coaches if you want, but at some point if you get in the game you need to make some plays. Lots of players out there wish they could have 5 career starts to showcase their skills.

I don't think he's a cancer. I doubt he has any particularly negative impact to a locker room. I just don't think he's done anything to make anyone believe he's going to be a great NFL QB other than Hog fans.

hoglady

Quote from: lefty08 on October 09, 2015, 08:38:15 pm

Mallett has to take some responsibility for this year. It was his choice to stay in Houston - he could have gone to the Jets. He obviously misread the tea leaves in Houston.

hawgXi

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 02:40:07 pm

Too bad the texans couldn't sign jarrius wright, joe adams. & greg childs

They could catch the heaters

Get the old band back together & the texans might make the playoffs

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hoghearted on October 09, 2015, 04:06:49 pm

Same old excuses for questionable performance and attitude. The emperor has no clothes. The world is not going to line up to make your boy look good.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hoglady

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 09, 2015, 08:45:21 pm
New England considered demoting him to third string at one point. There weren't ever any reports that came out that I can remember of people giving glowing reports on him from practice; a few little complimentary things but nothing you wouldn't find about any backup in the league. And in none of his 5 career starts has he really flashed anything more than slightly above-average QB play. You can blame that all on the coaches if you want, but at some point if you get in the game you need to make some plays. Lots of players out there wish they could have 5 career starts to showcase their skills.

I don't think he's a cancer. I doubt he has any particularly negative impact to a locker room. I just don't think he's done anything to make anyone believe he's going to be a great NFL QB other than Hog fans.

Mallett looked pretty darn good in his first NFL start last year. He was commanding that offense just fine.
Running that offense at a quick pace which suits him well. He had better receivers and a better Oline last year. It's a shame he got hurt - I think last year we could have really seen what Mallett could or couldn't do.
The pace is gone this year and the whole offense is out of kilter / being run by 2 QB's with no confidence and scared of getting yanked.

passinghog

Why they haven't fired their GM is beyond me. They have drafted horrible over the last 2-3 years. One of the least talented 2-3 rosters in the league by far. They've been blaming the QB since Matt Schaub, but they've never surrounded their QBs with enough talent: beginning with David Carr and it continues to this day....

Danny J

Quote from: hawgXi on October 09, 2015, 09:05:57 pm
Too bad the texans couldn't sign jarrius wright, joe adams. & greg childs

They could catch the heaters

Get the old band back together & the texans might make the playoffs
Remember also those guys practiced and played with him for 3 years(one while redshirting) so they knew what to expect. Also....we didn't throw too many 5 yard precision passes while CBP was here. His schemes were designed to get the WR's wide open and many of those routes were at least 10-15 yards down field and from hash to hash. I just think the dink and dunk ball control offense BOB wants to run doesn't really utilize his best skill set which is getting the ball down the field. He needs to get away from that style of ball if he wants to be successful.

hawgXi

Quote from: Danny J on October 09, 2015, 09:35:53 pm
Remember also those guys practiced and played with him for 3 years(one while redshirting) so they knew what to expect. Also....we didn't throw too many 5 yard precision passes while CBP was here. His schemes were designed to get the WR's wide open and many of those routes were at least 10-15 yards down field and from hash to hash. I just think the dink and dunk ball control offense BOB wants to run doesn't really utilize his best skill set which is getting the ball down the field. He needs to get away from that style of ball if he wants to be successful.

Shame texans traded andre (who bagged up 19 for my fantasy team last nite)
Shame arian foster got hurt. & blue has under performed
Shame they brought mallett in last year to be "the future" then pulled the "bait. & switch" on him when the browns dumped hoyer to keep johnny "contract "

Sorry to see this mis management blow up in malletts face.

Personally, l wish we could see him at jerry's world this year & for the future

Hogarusa

Some of you keep calling Hoyer Obriens boy and forget that he pulled Hoyer in game 1 of the season and started Mallett for the next 4 games, and then it was Mallett taking himself to the sideline that got Hoyer in the game for the rest of the night.  Then it was Mallett sabotaging himself on the sidelines that probably put the nail in the coffin for his starting job.

I get always loving and supporting your former Hogs but that makes no sense at all.

RzRbAcK18

Watched the whole game. As a former athlete, you have to suck it up when injured. If you can stand on your own then stay in. Make the coach take you out. I never wanted to leave a game, even when I was hurt. With that being said, he should have been allowed back in the game, however, Hoyer did really well except for that last pass. If it ain't broke...

WarPig88

Watched the game. Did not get all the Hoyer love.

He only led one legit TD drive, the other was a hail mary. Without it, you have 13 points, 250 yards passing and a completely inexcusable decision at a critical point in the game.