Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett got on the field today

Started by TomasPistola, September 13, 2015, 06:34:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

As predicted - Hoyer laid an egg with an INT and a fumble so Ryan got in during the 2nd half. Led the team to 2 scoring drives, one TD and one FG to bring the Texans within a touchdown. After the game O'Brien wouldn't say who would be the starter next week. What a slimeball. Congrats to Ryan though for proving he can run that offense.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

East Clintwood

CBS switched us away from the game before this happened.  Thanks CBS. Jerks.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Danny J

At least he got a shot. The fans were booing like crazy.

JIHawg

Quote from: Danny J on September 13, 2015, 06:43:36 pm
At least he got a shot. The fans were booing like crazy.
Who were they booing?

LRHawg

MAL3

Mallet is no better than the starter. They are both career back up QB's

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:16:48 pm

Well, that's a little premature don't you think?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback_Mack

He was much better today.

hoglady

And how in the heck would you know that about a QB that's had 2 career starts (one with a torn pec)?
That's a serious question.
That may be your opinion - but that's all it is.
If Mallett gets the starting job - he will prove on the field this season whether he can be a starting NFL QB.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MAL3

Just my opinion. He was an average QB in college. What makes him so great now?

Hoot72

I was told yesterday, by someone that would know, that all of Ryan's problems are of his own making!  Evidently, being late for practice the day after being told that you are not going to start, is not the first time that has happened.

MAL3

So the Houston coach keeps him on the bench because he wants to lose? Don't you think the one person smarter than all of us(O'Brien) would play the better QB?

Dirty

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:24:38 pm

You heard about opinions?  I'm sure you have!

MAL3

No, just tell me what makes him so great? Anybody? Quickly?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:27:45 pm
So the Houston coach keeps him on the bench because he wants to lose? Don't you think the one person smarter than all of us(O'Brien) would play the better QB?

Didn't he go to him in the 2nd half after the Hoyer experiment bombed in the first?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:24:38 pm
He was two time 2nd team all SEC at Arkansas in what was a 12 team league. Went 19-8 as a starter. Is that average???

MAL3

If he had been better ALL SUMMER, don't you think he would have been the starter?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:29:30 pm
Nobody said he was great.

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on September 13, 2015, 07:30:20 pm
He was two time 2nd team all SEC at Arkansas in what was a 12 team league. Went 19-8 as a starter. Is that average???
It's not great...I consider it average. Like he said, my opinion

hoglady

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:27:45 pm

I think Hoyer's personality is a better fit with O'Brien. And he desperately wants Hoyer to reproduce in a game what he does in practice. Unfortunately, Hoyer can't do that - because he cowers and panics when pressured. That's what he did in Cleveland and he showed that today. It is who he is when the lights are on.
That's probably not who he is in practice.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:32:52 pm
It's not great...I consider it average. Like he said, my opinion
Nobody said it was great. Google average or get a dictionary.

dacskc

Quote from: Hoot72 on September 13, 2015, 07:26:52 pm
I was told yesterday, by someone that would know, that all of Ryan's problems are of his own making!  Evidently, being late for practice the day after being told that you are not going to start, is not the first time that has happened.

I saw a tweet from a Houston reporter a few weeks ago that said Hoyer would start and that decision was not based on anything to do with football. It felt like he was trying to imply there was a personality clash or some other problem.

Razorback_Mack

"Average-a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular the mode, median, or (most commonly) the mean, which is calculated by dividing the sum of the values in the set by their number."

So being the 2nd best qb in a 12 team league is average? Go back to 2nd grade and take a math class.

hoglady

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2015, 07:29:44 pm
Didn't he go to him in the 2nd half after the Hoyer experiment bombed in the first?

He went to Mallet with 6 to 7 minutes left in the game.
Mallet produced 11 points in those minutes.
Hoyer produced 9 points the rest of the game - and basically personally handed 14 points to KC.
(A pick and a fumble inside their own 20)

MAL3

He's average dude. We can go at this alll night if you want to. My opinion. Move along...

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hoglady on September 13, 2015, 07:37:23 pm
He went to Mallet with 6 to 7 minutes left in the game.
Mallet produced 11 points in those minutes.
Hoyer produced 9 points the rest of the game - and basically personally handed 14 points to KC.
(A pick and a fumble inside their own 20)

Okay, so after the Hoyer experiment bombed for 3 1/2 quarters.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:38:12 pm
He's average dude. We can go at this alll night if you want to. My opinion. Move along...
He wasn't average in college dude. Get a clue and get a dictionary.

hoglady

hoglady

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:38:12 pm

Well - anyone who has a job as an NFL QB - benchwarmer, starter, whatever / is way above average.
And was a way above average college QB.

lefty08

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:30:57 pm
If he had been better ALL SUMMER, don't you think he would have been the starter?

He is much better on the field than Hoyer, he is terrible off it, end of story

There isnt a throw in football the kid cant make. Both the TD pass and the 2 pt conversion pass were pure gold. If he matures, he will play as a starter for a long time
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hoglady on September 13, 2015, 07:42:08 pm
Well - anyone who has a job as an NFL QB - benchwarmer, starter, whatever / is way above average.
And was a way above average college QB.

That can't be right.  I'm sure MAL could suit up and replace Tom Brady right now.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2015, 07:43:18 pm

That can't be right.  I'm sure MAL could suit up and replace Tom Brady right now.
He's more likely to do that than pass college algebra!!!!!!

MAL3

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2015, 07:43:18 pm

Def not

HouSwine

Based on his posts, MAL is Tom Brady...or thinks he is.

MAL3

farmhawg

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on September 13, 2015, 07:44:23 pm
He's more likely to do that than pass college algebra!!!!!!
True.
Trolls keep trolling.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HouSwine on September 13, 2015, 07:45:46 pm
Based on his posts, MAL is Tom Brady...or thinks he is.
Mal is the guy that threw the steak and hit napolean dynamite in the face.

OldCoot

Why so many sock puppets lately?

MAL3

Quote from: farmhawg on September 13, 2015, 07:46:57 pm
True.
Trolls keep trolling.
O'Brien knows who his best QB is. Sorry that hurts your butts

Science Fiction Greg

I've seen stupid a lot in my life, but it's hard to top what I'm seeing here in this thread.

Good lord.

Ryan Mallett an average college quarterback.

Calling it an opinion doesn't make it not stupid.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:48:28 pm
I'll bet you your posting privelidges against mine that Mallet starts the next game.

farmhawg

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:48:28 pm
That we would like a former player to do well? Obviously you aren't one of our fans.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on September 13, 2015, 07:50:30 pm
I'll bet you your posting privelidges against mine that Mallet starts the next game.
As bad as Hoyer looked today, I wouldn't blame him. If he's starting, it's because he's the next man up.

MAL3

Quote from: farmhawg on September 13, 2015, 07:51:04 pm
That we would like a former player to do well? Obviously you aren't one of our fans.
Where did I type I want him to bomb?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:52:33 pm
As bad as Hoyer looked today, I wouldn't blame him. If he's starting, it's because he's the next man up.
So, it can't be because Mallet was more productive on 2 drives than Hoyer was all day?

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on September 13, 2015, 07:54:18 pm
So, it can't be because Mallet was more productive on 2 drives than Hoyer was all day?
Just saying Hoyer looked awful. I wouldn't blame him for benching him. He pretty much gave the Chiefs 14 points

onebadrubi

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:29:30 pm

He can make EVERY throw in ANY playbook

He has good touch on fades, out routes, middle throws, and even the short throws now. 

Stretchs a defense to open up the run game.

And if you paid ANYA attention otoday, he brought some swagger to that offense and the other 10 players enjoyed the change. 

Tusks

Quote from: MAL3 on September 13, 2015, 07:56:39 pm
Just saying Hoyer looked awful. I wouldn't blame him for benching him. He pretty much gave the Chiefs 14 points

IMO, Ryan Mallett was a better college QB and is a better pro QB than you are as a amateur poster.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MAL3

Quote from: tusked on September 13, 2015, 08:45:57 pm
IMO, Ryan Mallett was a better college QB and is a better pro QB than you are as a amateur poster.
Zzz...zzzz