Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Mallett or McFadden

Started by hogfan870, September 03, 2015, 08:43:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan870

Checking the box score - doesn't look like either of these guys played in the first half. Should we expect to see either of them in the second?

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Snoutmaster

McFadden won't play, I don't know what's going on with Mallett

PonderinHog

Hogarusa

It's the final game of preseason.  This is scrub time/cut guy week
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

EastexHawg

The Cowboys traded with the Seahawks for Christine Michael over the weekend.  They obviously weren't satisfied that they could depend on what they already had at the running back position.

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 09, 2015, 10:26:28 am
The Cowboys traded with the Seahawks for Christine Michael over the weekend.  They obviously weren't satisfied that they could depend on what they already had at the running back position.

Do you think the Dolphins traded for Logan Thomas because they obviously weren't satisfied that they could depend on what they already had with Tannehill? The Cardinals traded for Barkley because he is obviously going to be superior to Palmer?

Or, do trades like this happen all the time, where you can get a better quality depth player for a cheap price? Michael was a second round pick for the seahawks, so to be able to pick him up for a conditional late round pick is a bargain.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dr. Starcs

Easttex is literally hoping for the cowboys rb's to fall on their faces so he can be right about the subject.

I've said all along that the decision to not re-sign Murray will not ultimately be judged until a few years down the road.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 09, 2015, 06:41:55 pm
Easttex is literally hoping for the cowboys rb's to fall on their faces so he can be right about the subject.

I've said all along that the decision to not re-sign Murray will not ultimately be judged until a few years down the road.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are in on my plot.  They have ordered Jason Garrett and the OC to only call plays that will cause the running backs to fail.  The fix is in.

Seriously...if the Cowboys' running game suffers, Romo gets beaten to death because he has to carry the offense again, and the season goes down the toilet it won't be my fault.  I'm not causing anything to happen, I'm only predicting.

And...we'll know about the running game by December, not years down the road.

Dr. Starcs

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 10, 2015, 10:48:36 am
Jerry and Stephen Jones are in on my plot.  They have ordered Jason Garrett and the OC to only call plays that will cause the running backs to fail.  The fix is in.

Seriously...if the Cowboys' running game suffers, Romo gets beaten to death because he has to carry the offense again, and the season goes down the toilet it won't be my fault.  I'm not causing anything to happen, I'm only predicting.

And...we'll know about the running game by December, not years down the road.

He said hoping for, not causing. The cowboy's running game can suffer quite a bit relative to last season and still be one of the better one's in the league.

We will know about the running game sure, but not about how the move turned out.

Finally, an example of what it appears the Cowboys are looking to do is the success of the Saints back in the day. Commonly viewed as a pass happy team, they've mostly been about 50/50 with the run and pass and their best seasons have come with more runs. However, nobody views them as a running team because they use a true committee. Look at 2009 when they won a Super Bowl, 468 runs to 378 passes, but not a single rusher with more than 172 carries or 793 yards.

You don't have to have a stud back to have an effective running game. Patriots are a great example of a multiple offense. They will power run you one game, 2 TE short passing attack the next, and then the third game, HUNH for most of the game. Ridley was the only back to actually become a primary ball carrier for them.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse