Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brady playing

Started by Tyro3, September 03, 2015, 09:31:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

Judge overturns suspension. what do you think?

010HogFan

The_Iceman

RazorPiggie

Good for whoever drafted him on their fantasy team.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ua_hogs

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 03, 2015, 09:36:01 am
Good for whoever drafted him on their fantasy team.

Got him in the 7th round!  Not a Brady fan but too good of a value in Rd7 with the potential to have zero game suspension.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Doesn't mean he wasn't guilty just that Goodell is an a** and shouldn't be in charge of the league.  There has been a pattern of cheating with the Pats and he should have hammered the organization more than an individual player.

The real winners here are the fans.  Whether you think it was justified or not it's over.  Talking heads will beat that dead horse into the ground one more time for the next couple of days then I hope the whole damn thing goes away as college football takes over.  So sick of hearing about it ad nauseam.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

EastexHawg

So how do you punish the Patriots for their serial cheating?  Fine them?  That's laughable.  They could burn cash to stay warm during a Boston winter and never miss it.

sowmonella

The judge was 100% correct. The commish is on his way out.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TM Hog

I believe Brady knew what was going on and participated in it.  I also believe he was smart enough to keep himself insulated.  Did he deserve to be suspended? Yes.  Was there enough real evidence to do so? No.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 03, 2015, 09:53:44 am
So how do you punish the Patriots for their serial cheating?  Fine them?  That's laughable.  They could burn cash to stay warm during a Boston winter and never miss it.

That's a very good question. How DO you punish an organization?

bp

AloRaptor

Draft picks? Just a thought not sure if it could be done. :razorback:

Albert Einswine

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 03, 2015, 09:33:36 am
The right call.

Correct. The league had no proof of misconduct, engaged in a pattern of misrepresentation and completely overstepped it's bounds under its own rules and the collective bargaining agreement.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

SA Hog Fan

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 03, 2015, 10:27:04 am

Correct. The league had no proof of misconduct, engaged in a pattern of misrepresentation and completely overstepped it's bounds under its own rules and the collective bargaining agreement.

Guilty or not, this is correct

McKdaddy

Quote from: TM Hog on September 03, 2015, 10:12:13 am
I believe Brady knew what was going on and participated in it.  I also believe he was smart enough to keep himself insulated.  Did he deserve to be suspended? Yes.  Was there enough real evidence to do so? No.

^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 03, 2015, 10:27:04 am

Hogarusa

Quote from: AloRaptor on September 03, 2015, 10:20:05 am
Draft picks? Just a thought not sure if it could be done. :razorback:

Its already been done.  Pats lost draft picks and $1 million in this case.

Goodell is safe.  He works for the owners, they are rich and happy
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

McKdaddy

razorboys

This is a joke Brady is guilty but all parties involved will make a ton of money so all is good. I believe the fans are the real loosers in this whole fiasco. The court has no place in this matter if the owners do not like the decision change the commissioner.

Albert Einswine

September 03, 2015, 12:02:10 pm #19 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:34:44 pm by Albert Einswine
Quote from: razorboys on September 03, 2015, 11:45:27 am
This is a joke Brady is guilty but all parties involved will make a ton of money so all is good. I believe the fans are the real loosers in this whole fiasco. The court has no place in this matter if the owners do not like the decision change the commissioner.

He's guilty? Too bad no one ever came up with any proof of that.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DOGALUM

Quote from: razorboys on September 03, 2015, 11:45:27 am
only thing Brady is proven to be guilty of is winning games.  This was a witch hunt with zero evidence.  Good on Tom for not caving.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Buff

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 03, 2015, 12:02:10 pm

He's guilty? Too bad no one ever came up with any proof of that.

But....but....the Wells report blah blah

HawgWild

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 03, 2015, 10:45:45 am
Goodell is safe.  He works for the owners, they are rich and happy

I'm hearing different. He's made some bad calls this year and looked foolish doing it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TM Hog on September 03, 2015, 10:12:13 am

This makes no sense.  There was no real evidence that he did it, but he should be suspended?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RazorChuck

The suspension should have been for the whole season and he should have been fined a million dollars himself.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: RazorChuck on September 07, 2015, 09:25:44 am
The suspension should have been for the whole season and he should have been fined a million dollars himself.

Based on no evidence at all. Well done Chairman Mao.

maxre567

I know I'm probably in the minority for thinking this, but I call this judge's decision a win for everyone.  Goodell has long been inept at doling out appropriate punishments for players and for operating false investigations.  This whole thing was a phony scandal from the get go, the Wells report was a joke, Goodell denied Brady any access to incriminating evidence to what would've proved his guilt, the NFL would not allow that guy who had information to be a witness, and on top of all that they did not even tell Brady whether he was being suspended for his role in deflategate or for his lack of cooperating.  That's just utter stupidity on this failure of a commissioner, it's his fault and he did not deserve to win this.

I don't think Goodell will have to resign over this if he didn't have to resign over the discoveries of last fall, but he lost Bob Kraft's support forever, more and more owners (staying anonymous) are becoming angry over his antics, he's ruined the league's relationship with the NFLPA, and I think a couple more strikes and he's out.

I'm no Patriots fan, but I hate this buffoon and liar who is running this league, and I'm so sorry ESPN fired Bill Simmons who along with Tedy Bruschi, are the only ones who get it right about bashing Goodell.  This awful commissioner should have been axed years ago and I blame Jerry Jones as one of the reasons he hasn't been.

Dr. Starcs

Don't have a link yet, but espn scroll just mentioned new findings in the spygate fiasco. Sounds like Goodell had some questionable actions to put it mildly.

These dang patriots are dirty.

Albert Einswine

All you cowgirl fans and fans of various other teams with your feminine righteous indignation, just shut the Frank up, please.

Here's Jimmy Johnson talking about how the Patriot's signal taping scandal was overblown.
"The only thing I can say is so many people made such a big to-do about it, and everybody - and I mean everybody - went to the edge on rules in one form or fashion," Johnson said, reflecting on his coaching tenure with the Cowboys. "That's just part of the game, that's stealing the signals in baseball. This stuff has been going on for so long.

"When I came into the NFL, back in '89, I talked to a Kansas City scout and he said, 'Here's what we do, we videotape the opposing team's signals and then we synch it up with the game film.' So I did it."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/1/30/72831/9115

Every team in the league cheats in one way or another.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Dr. Starcs

Don't get your balls all deflated. Can we say overly defensive? 

Anyway, it seems it went far beyond stealing hand signals as it is reported the patriots would send a low-level team official into the opposing teams locker room to search for leftover play sheets.

Stay classy New England and be thankful it appears Goodell had all the evidence destroyed for ya.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 08, 2015, 03:29:17 pm
Don't get your balls all deflated. Can we say overly defensive? 

Anyway, it seems it went far beyond stealing hand signals as it is reported the patriots would send a low-level team official into the opposing teams locker room to search for leftover play sheets.

Stay classy New England and be thankful it appears Goodell had all the evidence destroyed for ya.

They all cheat. Every damn team. They still have to physically battle it out on the field. Usually the better teams wins, sometimes they don't. See New England's two losses to the Giants.

vandybuff

Quote from: Tyro3 on September 03, 2015, 09:31:59 am
Judge overturns suspension. what do you think?
i think soon the Supreme court will be forced to convene in August to immediately adjudicate a questionable crack-back block in a preseason game.  in other words, this is all stupid! 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!