Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Fanbase SUCKS!!!!!

Started by Nuclear Hog, November 09, 2013, 03:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Considering we haven't won an SEC game - if you don't want fans to say anything negative about the coaches, the program, the team, the players, the admin or the AD - what should they talk about?? I guess every thread could just be - Yea!!  Go team!! Go coaches!!
That's about all that's left. There's just not much positive out there right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

impact

There are a couple people our we forgot to blame besides CBB, CBP, JLS, etc.

NUTT    I called that trick play brotha...

Had Nutt called that play banners would be flying.

MALAZHAN  My QB has 35 yds passing and my team has 444 rushing but I'm the one trick pony coach and the HUNH is the only way I know to coach.

FIFY
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

DeltaBoy

Jeff Long blew 2 recruiting years with his previous 2 hires. HE raised ticket prices and had put a worse performing product on the Field. So yep I am upset.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

chshog

Don't judge the fan base on only those that make comments on this site.

BartIV

Quote from: philpott50 on November 09, 2013, 03:08:26 pm
Our fan base is one of the worse I have ever seen. We blame everyone from players to coaches to previous coaches to individual players to the AD. Come on people. Is it that hard to comprehend that we have freshman and sophomores starting all over the place. We are a YOUNG team. We are inexperienced. We have played probably one of the toughest schedules we have ever played. You people are very inpatient and unbelievable. You people b*tch and whine more than a PMSing bipolar chick who hasn't had chocolate in days. Good grief give these boys and coaches time. And before someone says look what Gus is doing remember that all those boys he has to work with are his boys he recruited two years ago.
I used to love all the reasons why we couldn't and wouldn't hire Gus.
1. His system will never work
2. He can't recruit.
3. Has no Experience
4. Can't build a staff
5. Has a crazy wife
6. His Championship ring means nothing
7. The Springdale-Mustang drama

I love when the underdog shows everyone that he can win. And the losers have to sit back and continue to come up with more excuses on why they lose.

99toLife

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 10, 2013, 04:06:20 pm
Jeff Long blew 2 recruiting years with his previous 2 hires. HE raised ticket prices and had put a worse performing product on the Field. So yep I am upset.
This gets so old, Why don't you look forward, you can't fix what has already happened.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 10, 2013, 09:59:19 am
No, it's not the "fan base."

Do not confuse the fan base with the people who post on message boards, or who call in to radio talk shows.

You can talk to people in the fan base, agree or disagree. I talked to a friend of mine who is a Razorback fan a couple of days ago in his store. He doesn't think Bielema can get it done; I do. The strangest thing happened....we had a conversation for five minutes without either one of us managing to call the other one a fool or an idiot. No raised voices; just had a conversation like normal people do. That's pretty much the norm in the real world.

People on message boards, not so much.

(That's also why I no longer share with anyone away from the board that I am active on message boards. I got tired of getting the "Really? You do THAT?" look).

It's taken me awhile to figure it out. It has nothing to do with "passion." That's a crutch message board posters rely on to somehow justify the things they say to other people. Weak. Message boards aren't about places people go to learn stuff about their favorite teams. That was true maybe 10-15 years ago. Too many places to get that information now. No, people go to message boards to vent, argue, say whatever comes to their drug-addled minds, insult other people, etc. We could change the topic from Razorback football to how the 3rd grade team at the local Y is doing, and within 24 hours we'd see the same kind of trash.

(Want an idea for a great qualitative study? Use Constant Comparative Coding to analyze every post on a message board during blocks of time. I bet a researcher would find that for the most part, the conversations never change - only the date or season).

So, OP, change your thread title to be more accurate.

It should read, "The bottom 5% of our fan base sucks," because for the most part that's pretty much the message board/call-in show crowd.

I think the majority of message board posters are pretty civil. Maybe 5% are not. But that 5 out of every 100 will reduce many a thread to name calling pretty quick

farmhawg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 10, 2013, 04:26:22 pm
I think the majority of message board posters are pretty civil. Maybe 5% are not. But that 5 out of every 100 will reduce many a thread to name calling pretty quick
That doesn't fit the agenda.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawg IQ

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 09, 2013, 03:14:18 pm
Well said.  We have improved.  We need better tackling in space and guys who can cover receivers.  We are going to have those type players, but right now our problems are clearly in the secondary.
This > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's more to playing the secondary than just talent. Mostly where we're getting killed is just bonehead type decision making. For example in the Rutgers game where T. Mitchell lets them go over top on 4th down for a TD all because, he's playing too tight on his man. Different players have continued doing same things all season.

and how many time does our safety just react too late.

Talent helps and so does speed.  But really, you have to ask yourself just what is talent?

sometimes what we think is talent is really somebody coached well, also someone who loves to compete and plays with a winning attitude.  You sometimes can make up for speed with desire !
go hogs go !

dc10x1103

Quote from: dc10x1103 on November 10, 2013, 01:59:13 pm
I would like to dispute 1 thing you said....gus's team is built for his offense.  that is a load of crap.  THE LINEMAN BLOCK AND THE BACKS RUN.  AND WHEN THEY PASS THE WR'S CATCH.  it is so crazy when someone argues that BB needs a certain kind of player to play in his system.  he needs good players...true.  does he need a special kind of QB?  absolutely not.  he needs one that can pass. maybe run, and one that doesn't panic when things go wrong. do you think alex Collins is a special back that can only play for BB?  no, he could play in anyones system.  the key is that a QB is not going to set the world on fire as a freshman.  I don't care whose's system they are in.  give BA another yr and I think you are going to be surprised.  auburn is not good this year because gus recruited any special kind of player.  they are good because they are good players and because gus is a fantastic coach.  johnny football is great in the spread, but he would also be great in any kind of system.  why are we so bad then?  unfortunetly a lot of our players are probably nice kids but they have problems as players.  would they be good in another system?  they would be the same players no matter what the system would be.  we are bad as a team because of the recruiting a few years ago not because of any system we have now. 

Quickdraw

I agree. WE SUCK THIS YEAR!!!! I hope we get a very good recruiting class.

Southpointhog

I agree!!

quote author=philpott50 link=topic=553925.msg8581001#msg8581001 date=1384031306]
Our fan base is one of the worse I have ever seen. We blame everyone from players to coaches to previous coaches to individual players to the AD. Come on people. Is it that hard to comprehend that we have freshman and sophomores starting all over the place. We are a YOUNG team. We are inexperienced. We have played probably one of the toughest schedules we have ever played. You people are very inpatient and unbelievable. You people b*tch and whine more than a PMSing bipolar chick who hasn't had chocolate in days. Good grief give these boys and coaches time. And before someone says look what Gus is doing remember that all those boys he has to work with are his boys he recruited two years ago.
[/quote]

code red

3-9....that sucks.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

rickm1976

Our fans aren't any better/worse than any others.  OU and Bama fans are, in fact worse than ours.

StanHog

you are the worse-erest.

Athog

Don't equate fan base and Hogville as one in the same!!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: rude1 on November 10, 2013, 10:43:41 am

Stars don't matter, we have got to recruit fans who are going to fit the "system".

LOL......yeah, believe you may have something there.  The fan recruits last year were pulled in from a 4 win "system" of 2012......& now we are looking hard at a possible 3 win "system".  That would just not be a good fit.  If we can get the win over Miss St., & move back into the 4 win system.....we will be ok.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 10, 2013, 06:29:15 pm

Our fans aren't any better/worse than any others.  OU and Bama fans are, in fact worse

^^^^This
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HognitiveDissonance

For the 1,279,656th time...what you read here DOES NOT REPRESENT the fanbase!

This is an internet message board...take what you read with a grain of salt. Usually the most passionate/delusional people(depending on how you're looking at it) post the most. You're NOT necessarily getting the opinions of the majority of Hog fans

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 10, 2013, 09:40:27 pm
^^^^This

Judging strictly by their message boards/talk shows, that may be true. But again, you're getting somewhat of a skewed sample of fans if all you're going by is internet posts and call-in shows. I just think the average guy who is a fan, goes to a lot of games, but maybe never posts on the internet or calls a radio show represents the 'fanbase' a lot more...there is a whole lot of that type of guy out there.

PigTales

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 09, 2013, 03:12:36 pm
What did Gus' boys do last year?

I didn't expect much this year, but I did expect to see a team get better as the year progressed.  I don't think we are better now than we were in September.  If we were to play ULaLa next week, I think they might beat us.

I'm glad you brought that up "What Gus's boys did last year.... They didn't win 1 SEC GAME Yet they have only lost 1 game this year .  Let's do a little comparison of Auburns team last year and our team this year

1) AU had a QB who struggled
     Hogs have a QB who struggles

2). AU had a change in coaching staff
     Hogs have a change in coaching staff

3). AU tried to implement a New and Different  system one that the players were not recruited for
     Hogs are implementing a New and Different system one the upper class were not recruited for

4). AU fires Cheeto and hires Gus
     Hogs fire ( don't retain) John L Smile and hire Bret

5)  AU Coaches bring back the system their players were recruited to play
     Hogs are playing a ton of Freshmen and Sophomores The Freshmen were recruited for this system and the Sophomores have bought into the system

I'm not saying next year we will have the same record AU has this year because Gus has his entire players in place We do not.  But I saw enough promise heart and grit from these young players that gave me hope. I am not bashing on our upper class but they have been through Hell and back they were not recruited to play this system. I'm not saying they have quit but if they have who could blame them this was not what they sign up for ( kinda like Auburns players last year ).

If our fan base is so impatient that we can not give this coaching staff even ONE year or give them a chance to get their players in place who the heck would want to come coach for us. Seriously all you Bielema hates need to realize your hate dislike whatever you want to call it for Bielema is doing our program ZERO GOOD. Can you just lay aside your dislike for this coaching staff their system and just try to be SOMEWHAT REASONABLE!! A few disgruntled Hog Fans are making our fan base look like the biggest joke in college football. You have a right to dislike these coaches and their system and voice your opinion  but just because you have the right doesn't mean you should.

It's always the disgruntled whiners that get the most exposure "because the squeaky wheel gets the grease". So I would challenge all the fans who support this coaching staff and our program to speak up and be heard . For Pete sake I was on twitter encouraging some of our young players and I was accused of not supporting our upper class. Are we really so divided that you can't encourage the young players without being accused of not supporting the older players??? Give me a break "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more"
I'm SPEAKING OUT ABOUT MY SUPPORT FOR THIS STAFF! I hope many of you will too we need to be heard.

XX

Attitude reflects leadership  >:(
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

AirForceHog

Hogville is so horrible right now. Some of us just need to step back and understand there are way more important things in life. Ok the Razorbacks suck this year big freakin deal. Maybe next year they will be better. I hope so but none us need to be so be so stinkin ate up with it.

Go Hogs beat MSU!
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

jkstock04

When people stop complaining and don't even care that we suck is when you should worry.

Who is the worse fan? The guy who goes to the games...buys tickets...donates....and bellyaches about how horrible we are? Or the guy who does none of these things?

I honestly think half you clowns on here who scream and yell at each other don't even go to the games.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hoglady

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 11, 2013, 08:27:48 am
When people stop complaining and don't even care that we suck is when you should worry.

Who is the worse fan? The guy who goes to the games...buys tickets...donates....and bellyaches about how horrible we are? Or the guy who does none of these things?

I honestly think half you clowns on here who scream and yell at each other don't even go to the games.

Bingo.
When apathy sets it, that's when this program is in real trouble.
It's already happenned with the basketball program - don't know whether it'll ever really get the fans back.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcard1964

Quote from: hoglady on November 11, 2013, 11:08:53 am
Bingo.
When apathy sets it, that's when this program is in real trouble.
It's already happenned with the basketball program - don't know whether it'll ever really get the fans back.

I've already reached that point.  I previously made a point of getting out to at least one game per year, but I'm staying away until we return to prominence again.  I'm guessing 3-4 years ought to do it.

MJ2

When you're feeling encouraged and think we may be turning the corner, just remember, Auburn is 9-1.

Pig In The City

Yes, when we scream and rant for a head and it doesn't fall, we begin to eat our own.

Dcace83

You people...you people?!?!

So racist.
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

Nuclear Hog

Well obviously I stirred some turds in this little rant. I do agree with most of you that the fact is we suck as a team this year. Without a doubt in my mind our team is horrible. We can't tackle. We leave guys wide freaking open all day long. The front four isn't to bad but we have no linebackers. Our receivers can't catch a cold. Our quarterback can't throw a straight ball. Our front line and running backs are good. Oh and our tight end is good. But when I come to a message board and all I see is; should've got on the Gus bus, or this is JLS, CBP or Long's fault I get sick and tired of reading it. I get tired of reading player or coach bashing. We have seen how these guys recruit look at the freshmen we have. They are great kids and ball players. To sit there and not give this staff the time they deserve to implement a style of ball play these upper classmen are not accustom to is crap. As people who say they support this team there are several that don't show it.

Dirty

You had me at chocolate

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 10, 2013, 04:06:20 pm

I've brought this up before. Ticket prices were raised based on Petrino's success. Many fans gulped but renewed---due to Petrino's success.

Fans are now being asked to keep paying high prices for a pitiful product. The most optimistic projection has the Hogs returning to contender status in 2015, but that's a big 'if'. Even if that happens, that will mean three years of stinkage paying high prices(2012, 2013, 2014). It will be very interesting to see how patient fans are, and how deep their wallets will be.