Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I wonder what kind of relationship Paul Eells and Bobby would have had?

Started by HogFanInBryant, December 01, 2010, 11:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Thinking about Paul sure makes me smile......I know he would be so proud of what has happened to this football program.  Chuck truly makes me sick.....the sight or sound of him!  He truly belongs in Oxford....but I will shutup bc this is not meant to be a negative post! 

As classy of a guy as Petrino is it sure is a shame he never had the pleasure of developing a relationship with Paul.  I think they would have had something similar to that of he and Nolan.....those guys were pretty darn tight.

I sure miss Paul a bunch....especially now that we are on top of the football world.  How awesome would it have been to hear him call some of the plays since Bobby took over?  RIP Paul....you will NEVER be forgotten!!!!!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

I miss Paul!  He would've been so pleased.  You know he's been watching over this team since Petrino took over.  10 year set back?  Not under Paul's watch!!!

HogFanInBryant

I wonder how dramatic Paul would have made the call when Dick hit Crawford for the game winner against LSU in 2008?  That would have truly been awesome....I can hear him talking about how great it was to see Dick go out like that.....and how amazing it was that we won that game with basically nothing left after the Dork's departure.

rightdp

My heart still aches everytime I'm reminded that Paul is no longer here.  He was truely one of a kind. 

And I really try to like Chuck... And with baseball and basketball, he's fine.  Paul just set the bar too high with football.  Was there ANYONE who didn't like Paul? 

cashmoneyman_04

Think about Paul's call on the play before the half.  oh that would have been memorable.
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

LutherLindsey

Never met BP.

Knew Paul Eels from working on a couple of shows.  You CAN NOT know Paul with out LOVIN the man.  Paul treated everyone the same whether you were the biggest contributor to the RF or cleaned out the urinals @ WMS.  He was a genuine guy.

After seeing BP dote on the baby after the game.  NO DOUBT, they would have become friends.

Jabroni

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on December 01, 2010, 11:20:35 pm
Thinking about Paul sure makes me smile......I know he would be so proud of what has happened to this football program.  Chuck truly makes me sick.....the sight or sound of him!  He truly belongs in Oxford....but I will shutup bc this is not meant to be a negative post! 

As classy of a guy as Petrino is it sure is a shame he never had the pleasure of developing a relationship with Paul.  I think they would have had something similar to that of he and Nolan.....those guys were pretty darn tight.

I sure miss Paul a bunch....especially now that we are on top of the football world.  How awesome would it have been to hear him call some of the plays since Bobby took over?  RIP Paul....you will NEVER be forgotten!!!!!

don't get me wrong i miss hearing Paul Eels calling the game just as much as the next guy.

but what's everybody's beef with chuck? why is he so bad to so many people on here?

p.s. - i'm not raining on our parade. i'm extremely pleased with our success. but i do think it's a little premature to say we are "on top of the football world." c'mon.

RazorHud

Quote from: FLAT HOG on December 02, 2010, 06:58:53 am
I miss Paul also,My text alert on my phone is one of Paul's Calls so I get to remember and hear him everyday ,"TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS OH MY"

I would love to get that from you for my phone :)
God bless the pessimist, for he brings extra ammo.

cowboy_hawg

I had
Quote from: RazorHud on December 02, 2010, 07:01:38 am
I would love to get that from you for my phone :)
I had that on my old phone and also had the one with Paul calling a TD run of DMAC's against UGA I think.

He made the call so well, you could literally vision the play unfolding, and see the player crossing each yard line.  I guess he was just plain and simple 'old school' as my Dad would say, 'cause when he was a kid (no TV's) the broadcaster would describe the plays on the radio and you could just imagine you were at the stadium.
cowboy_hawg

DeltaBoy

Men like Paul are very rare today and that is why I miss him so much!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogman2

Paul Eels would have gotten along well with Petrino!  (Of course Paul got along with everyone who came into his path though)!  Paul would have loved the offense displayed by Petrino! 

hogoffate

Not a Chuck "Program Set Back 10 Years" Barrett fan, but have to give him props for his call of the Lswhoo game.  The touchdown before half elicited 2 "Touchdown Arkansas" in the moment and the TD in the 4th was exciting also.

All that said, still wish we had Paul.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LutherLindsey on December 02, 2010, 04:26:12 am
Never met BP.

Knew Paul Eels from working on a couple of shows.  You CAN NOT know Paul with out LOVIN the man.  Paul treated everyone the same whether you were the biggest contributor to the RF or cleaned out the urinals @ WMS.  He was a genuine guy.

After seeing BP dote on the baby after the game.  NO DOUBT, they would have become friends.
You are absolutely 100% correct! Paul truely never met a man he didn't like.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tequilin' Time

Living in NY I have to celebrate with friends via txt while watching games on TV.  Every touchdown results in a race as to who can txt "TDAOM" (Touch Down AR Oh My) to the other the fastest. Paul will always live in our hearts as we enjoy watching our beloved HOGS.

RIP Paul, we miss you, but we feel you watching. 

Hogchick

Paul got along with everyone.  It would have been the same with Coach Petrino.  If we could all be just half of the person Paul was this world would be a better place. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Fancy on December 02, 2010, 06:36:10 am
but what's everybody's beef with chuck? why is he so bad to so many people on here?
He was quoted as saying things that made him out to be a hugger.

Quote from: Fancy on December 02, 2010, 06:36:10 am
p.s. - I'm not raining on our parade. I'm extremely pleased with our success. but i do think it's a little premature to say we are "on top of the football world." c'mon.
Top 10 in BCS is as close to the top as we've ever been since the invention of the BCS! C'mon celebrate a little!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on December 02, 2010, 08:30:32 am
Living in NY I have to celebrate with friends via txt while watching games on TV.  Every touchdown results in a race as to who can txt "TDAOM" (Touch Down AR Oh My) to the other the fastest. Paul will always live in our hearts as we enjoy watching our beloved HOGS.

RIP Paul, we miss you, but we feel you watching. 
The texting thing is great. What a wonderful way to remember a wonderful man!

Jabroni

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 02, 2010, 08:42:20 am
He was quoted as saying things that made him out to be a hugger.
Top 10 in BCS is as close to the top as we've ever been since the invention of the BCS! C'mon celebrate a little!

oh don't worry, i'm celebrating. i still have a smile on my face after beating LSU last weekend and seeing our rank in the BCS jump to #7. and i know we are at the highest level of college football in my lifetime of 26 years. i'm just not ready to say we're on top of everybody in college football yet. :) but my gut tells me that is coming soon.

Wild Bill Hog

Paul would have gotten along fine with BP just like he got along with everyone he came in contact with.  He would have been retired by now, but I imagine he would have been in the press box from time to time as an honored guest.

jbcarol

I believe Coach Petrino got along very well with Paul Rogers a veteran sports broadcaster who is and was the voice of the Louisville Cardinals.

The similarities in style between Rogers and Paul Eels would seem to indicate a good public and private professional relationship.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

VictoryRedChevy

Gosh, whenever I hear one of Paul's old TD calls it gives me chills. He just had that voice. I think He and Coach Petrino would've gelled actually. Now, on Chuck. I'm not the biggest fan of the guy personally, but I think he is a very good play by play guy and He fits Arkansas. I really enjoy listening to Chuck and Kieth do the games.

Potosihog

I miss Paul.  When I heard of his accident I felt like I had lost a close friend.  I will say that when I was a little boy and Dad and I were listening to the game on the radio, we would get aggravated with his call on the field goals.

It's up...............................................and.............................IT'S GOOD!

Seemed like he would wait for 5 minutes before he would tell the result.  :)

LutherLindsey

Quote from: Hogchick on December 02, 2010, 08:38:52 am
Paul got along with everyone.  It would have been the same with Coach Petrino.  If we could all be just half of the person Paul was this world would be a better place.

So true hogchick. 

I wish they would let me post the pic I have of me and Paul.

sawmill

Chuck is great at baseball, didnt sound bad the one basketball game i have listened to, but he is just not that good at football.  He does seem to be a little better this year, but still not that good.  I can go back and listen to Paul's calls and get chills.  I even liked Mike Nail's calls, especially D-Mac's run against LSU.  When I go back and listen to Chuck, its not the same.  One of the worst calls was this year, against A&M, Cobi's long TD catch was the least exciting call of a 71 yd TD catch I have ever heard.

Jabroni

Quote from: LutherLindsey on December 04, 2010, 04:05:54 am
So true hogchick. 

I wish they would let me post the pic I have of me and Paul.

dare i ask but why in the world would anyone keep you from doing that?