South Carolina 88, Rider 76

Saint Louis 70, Texas A&M 49

Today's games

Marquette at Mississippi St., 1:30 p.m.

Savannah St. at Florida, 6 p.m.

Florida A&M at Arkansas, 7 p.m.

Northwestern St. at LSU, 7 p.m.

McNeese St. at Ole Miss, 7 p.m.

On another note; D-2 Chaminade upset Texas!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/div-ii-chaminade-upsets-texas-050820239--ncaab.html

GatorsGators

The SEC looks like it has seven good teams and seven very bad teams. UK, Florida, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, and Ole Miss should all be pretty good and make some kind of postseason... Everyone else is awful.

Hawg4life33

You beat me to it. The bottom of the SEC will be pretty bad and the top solid. Add Missouri to the top and Texas A&M to the bottom. Sort of amazing how little movement there has been in recent years. Always count on Fla, UK, Tennessee, Alabama to be pretty solid. Auburn, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina will be pretty poor. Hopefully we swap with Vandy and move in to the upper tier this year.

The_Iceman

Aww, GoHogs1091's team got slaughtered last night.

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2012, 06:36:09 am
Aww, GoHogs1091's team got slaughtered last night.

Not a surprise. Miss. State is badly short handed and going against UNC with a team very low in numbers is a recipe for getting slaughtered.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on November 20, 2012, 08:36:24 am
Not a surprise. Miss. State is badly short handed and going against UNC with a team very low in numbers is a recipe for getting slaughtered.

also a recipe for a bad SEC season. We have to beat them this season. I wish we had a chance to play them twice.

What a turnaround from a team that could beat the 1990's UNLV teams to a team that getting slaughters by 40+ points by UNC.

HF#1

I hope Mississippi State loses 20+ games this year.  They deserve it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jry04

Not only are they short handed, but they lack talent. They are going to be battling Auburn for last place. Honestly, I don't see them winning anymore than 4 SEC games.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 20, 2012, 10:18:54 am
Not only are they short handed, but they lack talent. They are going to be battling Auburn for last place. Honestly, I don't see them winning anymore than 4 SEC games.

They don't lack talent, at least that's what GoHogs1091 has told us.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2012, 10:26:28 am
They don't lack talent, at least that's what GoHogs1091 has told us.

Sword was the Gatorade Player of the Year in Alabama, and he was Mr. Basketball in Alabama.

Thomas and Ware were both in the running for Player of the Year in Mississippi (which Pollard ended up winning).

Borchert was a JUCO All-American.

Contrary to belief, I am not a MSU fan.  I didn't watch any of their games in Hawaii.  There was a news article last week that stated that MSU was taking only 6 players to Hawaii.  Probably what occurred when MSU played North Carolina is that MSU was probably not aggressive in the game due to the aspect of not wanting 2 players to foul out.  If 2 MSU players had fouled out, then the game would have immediately ended (due to forfeiture).

It is ironic though that after playing MSU, North Carolina turned right around and lost to Butler.  Butler is not a good team.  Maybe even with only 6 players, MSU took something out of North Carolina that led to North Carolina losing to Butler.

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2012, 08:55:51 am
We have to beat them this season. I wish we had a chance to play them twice.

You are correct.  We need to beat MSU this season.  When Rick Ray gets it rebuilt over at Starkville, it is going to be difficult to beat them. 

yraciv

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 23, 2012, 12:22:12 am

Contrary to belief, I am not a MSU fan.  I didn't watch any of their games in Hawaii.  There was a news article last week that stated that MSU was taking only 6 players to Hawaii.  Probably what occurred when MSU played North Carolina is that MSU was probably not aggressive in the game due to the aspect of not wanting 2 players to foul out.  If 2 MSU players had fouled out, then the game would have immediately ended (due to forfeiture).

It is ironic though that after playing MSU, North Carolina turned right around and lost to Butler.  Butler is not a good team.  Maybe even with only 6 players, MSU took something out of North Carolina that led to North Carolina losing to Butler.

You are correct.  We need to beat MSU this season.  When Rick Ray gets it rebuilt over at Starkville, it is going to be difficult to beat them. 

Right, pure comedy here! Oh and they took 8. Spread the minutes around 7, and walkon got to play late. Yes they probably didn't have fresh legs the whole night,  but truth tbe told they are just bad. They would be the worse team in the SEC full strength and with the current roster that is magnified. I do not in anyway believe Rick Ray is the next up and coming coach in this conference. Nor do I feel they have any future NBA talent on their current roster or any coming in anytime soon. MS State will be down for a while.