Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

While you guys are worrying, look at these games...

Started by jry04, November 25, 2012, 11:30:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

November 25, 2012, 11:30:53 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:33:18 am by rsvl_hogfan4
It sucks that Arkansas lost, but all is not lost. We should have won 1 this weekend, but losing to power conference teams is not the end of the world. We are young, and have plenty of time to improve. The good thing about college basketball is you can lose 10+ games and still have a shot at the national championship.

#11 UCLA lost to Cal-Poly tonight 70-68.

#15 Michigan State beat UL-Lafayette by 3 tonight.

#18 UNLV lost to unranked Oregon yesterday.

#19 Memphis lost two straight in their tournament. Once to VCU, and once to Minnesota.

Texas lost to Chaminade.

#23 UConn lost to New Mexico.

Notre Dame was #20 and lost to St. Joe's earlier in the season.

FSU lost to South Alabama earlier this season.

Then we have the SEC:

SC lost to Elon.

UGA lost to Youngstown State and a Southern Miss team that lost 5 of their top 6 scorers.

Vandy lost to Davidson, Marist, and Oregon.

Texas A&M got blown out by St. Louis.

Auburn has lost to Murray State, BC, Rhode Island, and Dayton.

MSU is terrible with blowouts in 3 games, and lost to Troy to give them 4 losses.

We have a combined 9 games vs these SEC opponents.

These are just a few examples. The season is far from over, and the people predicting us to not only miss out on the NCAAT, but the NIT are out a bit premature. I understand the mindset because we have struggled for so long. However, to be chicken littles after a loss to a Pac 12 and a Big 10 team away from home in our first 5 games is a little ridiculous. This team will only get better, and the bulk of our SEC schedule is winnable. I understand some of these examples are not comparable to losing to ASU, but my point is 2 losses this early will not make or break this season. If our fans get out and support this team on Friday, then anything can happen. If we manage to take down the Cuse and beat an average OU team at home then nobody will remember what we did in Las Vegas.

Fayettechill14

Early season struggles are very common.

In fact, teams that play slow have a decisive advantage in the early part of the season. Arizona State and Wisconsin will wear down this year, but we'll get stronger. I would bet we beat either during the last three weeks of the season.

What we really need right now is defined roles for our offense. It looks like BJ Young & The Four Athletes out there right now. Wade's alright, but he needs some help to be more efficient. Marshawn won't get in the post, he keeps taking threes, and Qualls, Bell, Williams, Scott, and Clarke are just running around looking like freak athletes and not helping the offense. Unless our press starts generating more fast-break points, we'll need to work on roles for a half-court set with various personnels.

three hog night

It is good to read some level headed views.   Thanks.

I think we will gel in time.   It is going to take time for BJ and Marshawn to learn how to play together as the leaders.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

yocdaddy

Very well said OP......you actually sound intelligent, which is becoming rare on Hogville.  It is refreshing to read a post with some knowledge of sports instead of reading unrealistic expectations across the board.

Thanks +1000
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith