Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 21, 2017, 11:34:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 05:45:44 pm
This is wrong, that is, never playing for Mizzou.  Just wait and see.

Keep dreaming.

King Kong

Kid ain't coming back if he recovers in time for the draft

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 02:39:01 pm
Those of you who are celebrating such an injury need to get your priorities straight.

From what I'm hearing from those who know, as of today, he should be as good as new in 3 to 4 months and he does want to redshirt and come back next year. We will see.  Hope for the best for the young man. He's an exceptional kid.

That said, you play with who you have and there will be no excuses.

Still waiting for you to respond to your bs of people celebrating his injury on here.  Not letting you slide on that.

razorback1829

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 05:44:36 pm
Which is why teams will be reluctant to sign him unless he can prove he can compete in games and nit just workouts.

Anyway, he says he's coming back but it can change.

How many time have they said they're coming back. I know the Porter family. They're not dummies.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 21, 2017, 06:06:44 pm
Wingo to Mizzou
Yes, you are correct. Wingo does go to Mizzou.

mizzouman

hawgmasta

Dang, I hope he has a full recovery and makes lots of money. Even though he was playing for an opponent I enjoy watching the top guys play to see what all the hype is about, it's unfortunate we won't get to see him in action now. We will just have to wait till he's in the NBA.

A workout and a clean bill of health from the team doctor and no NBA team is gonna care to see him go back another year. He gone.

mizzouman

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 21, 2017, 08:20:12 pm
Dang, I hope he has a full recovery and makes lots of money. Even though he was playing for an opponent I enjoy watching the top guys play to see what all the hype is about, it's unfortunate we won't get to see him in action now. We will just have to wait till he's in the NBA.

A workout and a clean bill of health from the team doctor and no NBA team is gonna care to see him go back another year. He gone.
Could be. Just have to wait and see.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 08:57:14 pm
Could be. Just have to wait and see.

Mizzou ain't making the tournament this year. 

mizzouman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 21, 2017, 09:38:32 pm
Mizzou ain't making the tournament this year. 
You may be right. But you also may be wrong. Long season.

Randohoggie

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 10:09:27 pm
You may be right. But you also may be wrong. Long season.

ShadowHawg

His draft stock is already taking a blow. Reported by an NBA expert tonight on ESPN that several teams he spoke with won't touch him now. He did say that others he spoke with are still enamored with his potential.

If Porter wants to play in the NBA he would be crazy to play in college now. Fewer teams are interested now and if he comes back and looks like he has lost anything while playing college ball it will cost him millions.

STLhawg

Quote from: mizzouman on November 21, 2017, 05:44:36 pm
Which is why teams will be reluctant to sign him unless he can prove he can compete in games and nit just workouts.

Anyway, he says he's coming back but it can change.
If he performs well in workouts and is projected to be a lottery pick -- and I think that is a very strong possibility -- then there is no way he comes back to play for Mizzou.  None.  Zero.  Zip. Nada. Nil.  I don't care what he is saying right now (even assuming he currently truly believes everything he says) -- and you should be keen enough to realize that too.

rwspear

Those of you who are celebrating such an injury need to get your priorities straight.

From what I'm hearing from those who know, as of today, he should be as good as new in 3 to 4 months and he does want to redshirt and come back next year. We will see.  Hope for the best for the young man. He's an exceptional kid.

this is why no one likes you

rwspear

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 21, 2017, 07:05:28 pm
Still waiting for you to respond to your bs of people celebrating his injury on here.  Not letting you slide on that.

he is fake news

sickboy

Quote from: rwspear on November 22, 2017, 01:36:22 am
this is why no one likes you

I like him. Seems more intelligent and respectful than half of us.

FBREW000

Quote from: sickboy on November 22, 2017, 01:56:07 am
this, and more like 75% ;)

edt

I did not see anyone celebrating his injury.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 21, 2017, 11:34:08 am
Hope this is wrong too. But a very true source
That last part was funny...ha ha ha. Sorry but he's going pro. Rated the #2 draft prospect right now.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

MIZZOUMAN, who's celebrating his injury? Troublemaker heh? Messy, just messy... :o
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

mizzouman

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 21, 2017, 07:05:28 pm
Not directly but indirectly.  Talk about how dad can still keep his job, how Mizzou has ever recovered from UCLA, how losing Porter will expose Martin as a coach as though people are wanting it.

But mainly, just in general.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mizzouman on November 22, 2017, 10:05:14 am
Not directly but indirectly.  Talk about how dad can still keep his job, how Mizzou has ever recovered from UCLA, how losing Porter will expose Martin as a coach as though people are wanting it.

Uh, you're on an Arkansas message board. We don't like Mizzou, man. But no one here is happy that his talented young man is having back surgery. We Razorback fans have a renewed sense of pride in this basketball program and wanted to take down Mizzou head-to-head x 2 with Porter on the court this season. Injury or no injury, we're going to take shots at Mizzou because we just don't like 'em. No lines being crossed here.

The Hogfather

You're conflating issues.  Because we think Cuonzo Martin is an average-at-best coach and might be exposed without pure talent covering for him does not mean we're happy a kid got injured, is missing an entire season, and who knows how much more, etc.  I think you understand all of this.

poloprince

I hate it for the player, he is too good to be sidelined.
$PoLoPrInCe$

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 01:39:05 pm
You're conflating issues.  Because we think Cuonzo Martin is an average-at-best coach and might be exposed without pure talent covering for him does not mean we're happy a kid got injured, is missing an entire season, and who knows how much more, etc.  I think you understand all of this.
Fair enough. Then what do I tell Razorback fans at work who are giddy over the injury? 

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 22, 2017, 01:39:05 pm

Exactly. We hate it for Porter and wish his career wasn't in jeopardy. We all hope he fully recovers. But we also can't stand Missouri and enjoy seeing them squabble.

The_Iceman

Quote from: mizzouman on November 22, 2017, 02:46:40 pm
Fair enough. Then what do I tell Razorback fans at work who are giddy over the injury?

Are they giddy because Porter is hurt and they wish bad upon him.....or are they giddy because Missouri fans got all cocky after they got Cuonzo and thought a Final Four run was immanent, and are happy to see them back down to earth?

mizzouman

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 22, 2017, 02:48:34 pm
Are they giddy because Porter is hurt and they wish bad upon him.....or are they giddy because Missouri fans got all cocky after they got Cuonzo and thought a Final Four run was immanent, and are happy to see them back down to earth?
He got hurt. Again, some Hogs fans are happy saying he shouldn't have been at Mizzou in the first place. He 'had it coming to him', this a a direct quote.

Anyway, I don't pay attention to that only to say they need to re-prioritize things. Also, my comment was in general. Anyone celebrating this should be ashamed. I never pointed out anyone DIRECTLY in this thread. 

However a post or two was unnecessary but 99% have been good.

I hope nothing but the best for the young man.

SPAL

Quote from: mikeephog on November 21, 2017, 02:13:58 pm
Mizzou has never recovered from this right here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrHris3cAnU

Neither have we, honestly. That changed our history.

Science Fiction Greg

Start with telling them what you told us.

Weird.  How is this hard?  People here said your coach will be exposed, people there celebrated his injury.  So you shame us for celebrating his injury and have no idea what to tell the people you work with.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

rzrbackramsfan

Someone needs a safe space!

rzrbackramsfan

If they need any coffee or copies made?

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 22, 2017, 04:47:44 pm
If they need any coffee or copies made?

Tower, please advise how you like dem apples.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

hawgmasta

mizzouman

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 22, 2017, 04:03:10 pm
Start with telling them what you told us.

Weird.  How is this hard?  People here said your coach will be exposed, people there celebrated his injury.  So you shame us for celebrating his injury and have no idea what to tell the people you work with.

Do you know what a rhetorical question is?  I wasn't expecting an answer.

mizzouman

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: mizzouman on November 22, 2017, 06:00:22 pm
Do you know what a rhetorical question is?  I wasn't expecting an answer.

You got one anyway, didn't ya chief.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 22, 2017, 05:40:23 pm
Tower, please advise how you like dem apples.

I know how mizzouman likes his apples: digested, and on the wall of a shower in the shape of a historical symbol used by the Germans in the 30's and 40's

mizzouman

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 22, 2017, 06:01:40 pm
You got one anyway, didn't ya chief.
Not a very sensible one, but yes an answer nevertheless.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: mizzouman on November 22, 2017, 06:08:15 pm
Not a very sensible one, but yes an answer nevertheless.

Made more sense than you coming in here guns blazing at us about an issue that was happening at your workplace.

STLhawg

...how losing Porter will expose Martin as a coach as though people are wanting it.
Didn't he get fired by Washington because he couldn't produce results with all the good talent he brought in?  So seems like a valid point to bring up with the loss of Porter Jr.

mizzouman

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 22, 2017, 06:09:36 pm
Made more sense than you coming in here guns blazing at us about an issue that was happening at your workplace.
Man, not even close, but good try.

mizzouman

Quote from: STLhawg on November 22, 2017, 06:51:44 pm
Didn't he get fired by Washington because he couldn't produce results with all the good talent he brought in?  So seems like a valid point to bring up with the loss of Porter Jr.

Washington fired Romar not Martin.  In fact, I don't think Martin has ever been fired.  Not yet.  :)

Science Fiction Greg

rwspear

Quote from: sickboy on November 22, 2017, 01:56:07 am

while that may be true, i don't think the dude can read

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rwspear on November 22, 2017, 07:10:38 pm
while that may be true, i don't think the dude can read

Those of you celebrating his illiteracy need to get your priorities straight.

rwspear

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on November 22, 2017, 07:13:34 pm
Those of you celebrating his illiteracy need to get your priorities straight.

no

Science Fiction Greg

McKdaddy

Quote from: Smithian on November 21, 2017, 01:36:32 pm
I enjoy laughs at programs losing players to scandal or off court issues that are self caused.

Not laughing at injuries.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin