Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Omaha '12 Thread: CWS game 4 Arkansas vs SC round 3

Started by maxre567, June 01, 2012, 09:41:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

maxre567

June 01, 2012, 09:41:11 am Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 pm by maxre567
Most of the introductory here is common knowledge already but just for any who don't know, this is game 1 of the Houston Regional, and marks game 1 of the Hogs 2012 NCAA tournament.

Game time will start up at 1:00 PM, the weather report that im seeing is calling for your typical hot texas summer day down there, reaching into the 90s for those of you making the trip to the ballpark.

For those who havent seen, coverage of this game will be provided for free by the hosting Rice team, at their www.riceowls.com website, you can also find it www.ulive.cbssports.com, and for those who want a game with the razorbacks radio audio behind it, you can go to jtv/arkansasrazorbackballer for that.

DJ Baxendale will take the mound today for the hogs, the rest of the lineups coming up later

I will be able to do play by play

Divot

bosshog84

razCzar

Ours is one of those regionals, where all the games are in two time slots:  either at 1pm or 6pm CT.  Hogs keep winning, and any games after today are evenings.

GO HOGS!!

maxre567

Quote from: razCzar on June 01, 2012, 10:17:01 am
Ours is one of those regionals, where all the games are in two time slots:  either at 1pm or 6pm CT.  Hogs keep winning, and any games after today are evenings.

GO HOGS!!

think ours was like that last year as well, but yeah its important to win games 1 and 2 esp, because win today and tomorrow and you don't have to play a double header on Sunday which could really fatigue the players, and which we ended up doing last year and we found out just how difficult that road was

maxre567

well I'd say these are the keys for success in today's game

for the razorbacks the fast start is all important in this game, the batters just need to make contact with the ball early and often, get a chance to plate some runs across, if they can do that, they can get a comfort zone for the pitching staff to get into and let them pitch their game and keep SHS off balance.

the fast start is also important for the defense, as it allows them to settle into their fielding game, and in regionals freebies, and errors are just ever so costly, and when its a rough day at the plate, it can turn into a rough day in the field as well, and for the hogs players they need to make sure they dont dig themselves in a hole early because the team is not one that's very much built to come back from a deficit

razCzar

Quote from: maxre567 on June 01, 2012, 10:29:51 am
think ours was like that last year as well, but yeah its important to win games 1 and 2 esp, because win today and tomorrow and you don't have to play a double header on Sunday... 

Yep, that Sun twinbill's a killer.  Not to mention how hard it is going 4-1 over five games anyway.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

bighog2255

Interesting Joe Serrano in the lineup at DH. All right handed hitters today against the lefty for Sam Houston

Carver 6, Ficociello 3, Reynolds 5, Anderson 9, Bigham 4, Bleeker 7, Wise 2, Vinson 8, Serrano DH, Baxendale 1

CampuspostmanHOG

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: razCzar on June 01, 2012, 10:17:01 am

GO HOGS!!

where can i find that liscense plate my friend??

razCzar

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on June 01, 2012, 12:33:50 pm
where can i find that liscense plate my friend??

haha!  Actually not a license plate but an edited-up logo I found over at Google images.

maxre567

gahhh, sorry news come up, i cant do the play by play today, can anyone else help out with that?

razCzar

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on June 01, 2012, 12:30:00 pm
the video is live and showing them warming up.

Thanks.  The one I'm looking at is showing 'em preparing the field / guess it's the same one. 

Presuming it's live, looks like a sparce crowd for this one.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: bighog2255 on June 01, 2012, 11:58:53 am
Interesting Joe Serrano in the lineup at DH. All right handed hitters today against the lefty for Sam Houston

Carver 6, Ficociello 3, Reynolds 5, Anderson 9, Bigham 4, Bleeker 7, Wise 2, Vinson 8, Serrano DH, Baxendale 1

I actually like the move of Serrano in the lineup. 

Dr. Starcs

PigWig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 01, 2012, 12:51:04 pm
Anybody else having buffering issues with the live feed?
Yes, it is a terrible feed.  Full screen is awful as well.

Dr. Starcs

PigWig

razCzar

Mine's coming through clear - not so much on full screen

Quote from: maxre567 on June 01, 2012, 12:42:41 pm
gahhh, sorry news come up, i cant do the play by play today, can anyone else help out with that?

Here's the gametracker link, if nobody steps up for PBP -
http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbasebl.html?event=1117336

Maybe everybody can comment a little more than usual as the game goes.  I will more than usual.

PigWig

Danny J

Picture looks pretty decent. Gotta head out though so I will be listening on the radio until I get back to my computer.

WPS!!!!!

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Go Hogs!  Let's get this post season off on the right foot!  WPS
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

razCzar

Blutoblutarsky

bsking

Dj's got that backdoor curve working.  That is my favorite pitch in all of baseball.

trippigs

Just got home after being in New Orleans on business this week. Saw ~ 20 wild hogs run across the road out in the boonies north of Pontchartrain...took it as a good omen!  Looking forward to watching the HOGS play today.
Lets win game #1.

Tai_Mai_Shu

Their feed isn't bad.  Sounds like we have a nice showing by Hog fans there.

razCzar

TEAM           1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
SHS             0                                              0   0   0
ARK                                                            0   0   0

Tony Perkis

Any clue why I keep getting "raider power" instead of the game when I click on the link on the Rice website?

razCzar

Carver plunked for first baserunner.  Fic hits into a dp.

Reynolds singles to CF.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

cubsfan5150

Quote from: Tony Perkis on June 01, 2012, 01:08:48 pm
Any clue why I keep getting "raider power" instead of the game when I click on the link on the Rice website?

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

jb11

Quote from: razCzar on June 01, 2012, 12:55:11 pm
Mine's coming through clear - not so much on full screen

Here's the gametracker link, if nobody steps up for PBP -
http://www.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbasebl.html?event=1117336

Maybe everybody can comment a little more than usual as the game goes.  I will more than usual.
Almost looks like a video game.  Kind of cute.

Tony Perkis

bsking

Flatline

razCzar

Quote from: jb11 on June 01, 2012, 01:10:18 pm
Almost looks like a video game.  Kind of cute.

haha... good one.

Reynolds steals 2B.  Anderson plunked / two on, one out.

cubsfan5150

bsking

Flatline

We look good starting out.  Bats are off the shoulders.  Guys look fresh, bounce in their step. 

razCzar

TEAM           1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
SHS             0                                             0   0   0
ARK             0                                             0   1   0

bsking

DJ goes 1-2-3 in the first with 2 Ks and a good play by Bo.

Carver got plunked, Fico went 5-4-3 DP, Reynolds ripped a single then stole second, Anderson got plunked, then Bo wen 2-3 groundout.

0-0 top 2.

Dr. Starcs

Anyone know how to get the stupid banner at the bottom off of full screen?

bsking