Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Having a hard time understanding South Carolina game

Started by Biggus Piggus, October 14, 2017, 01:05:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 02:36:41 pm
I wouldn't say they are terrible, they are just quitting on the coach now. They will probably finish out the season with a losing record.  They have talent there though.  This is far from terrible which they were before Jones took over.
I don't know, man. They look pretty terrible to me.

If we played them this year cameras would break, fans in the stand would be struck blind, and birds flying overhead would probably just fall outta the sky dead from all the terrible.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

HiggiePiggy

Ok. Yeah they are not good, but they are in a far better position today than they were when they hired Jones.  I think if they get a decent coach they can build off of what Jones has done.  Just like Arkansas. We have talent to have had better seasons the last 3 seasons. Just the coaching wasn't good enough. I feel the same way about Arkansas when we hire another coach.  I don't see a backwards step if we hire a decent coach.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JaketheSnake

We played them too physical?  Wait, that was 3-4 years ago.

Heardo

Sorry, but "Bret" didn't throw the two pick 6's or fumble the scoop and score.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:05:41 pm
I am watching South Carolina-Tennessee. This is a dreadful football game. Both teams are competent on defense, not great, but inept on offense. Getting a first down is a major victory.

Tennessee leads 9-3. It does not look as though the Cocks can score without major assistance, such as turnovers or a kick/punt return.

The hard thing to understand is how Arkansas looked so bad against South Carolina. The Hogs made this sad-sack team look great. How does that happen? It was not just the turnovers. Carolina moved the ball some too. It's quite disheartening. Makes me fear for what Alabama is going to do.
SC is better...that is why they beat TN.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The Kig

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 02:24:23 pm
Everybody we want......

Truth. We will likely be competing for the same pool of candidates... and sadly Tenner is a better job right now, if for no other reason than they play in the East.

If A&M can find any reason they will fire Sumlin this year which puts us solidly in 3rd in the SEC as destination for a new coach
Poker Porker

HognotinMemphis

You won't have a hard time understand this game or next week's Auburn tussle. Auburn should have won today. They are going to be fired up next week in Fayetteville. I think this team is lost and is not going to win another SEC game. May not beat CC either. 2-10 or 3-9 finish, at best.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

rzrbkman

:(
Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 07:34:59 pm
You won't have a hard time understand this game or next week's Auburn tussle. Auburn should have won today. They are going to be fired up next week in Fayetteville. I think this team is lost and is not going to win another SEC game. May not beat CC either. 2-10 or 3-9 finish, at best.

I totally disagree with the last two sentences.

rzrbkman

Quote from: rhames on October 14, 2017, 01:07:32 pm
At one point Tennessee ran it like 6 straight times and averaged like 7 yards a carry

How was it "like 6 straight times" and "like 7 yards a carry".

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 14, 2017, 08:00:21 pm
I exaggerate. The Hogs will beat CC. And that will likely be it for the year. 3-9 and 0-8.

Cure

They didn't get off the bus ready to play at South Carolina, they aren't that much better than the Hogs.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

code red

The worst coaches in the SEC r Bert. Jones, odem and muschamp is gonna fire em all.  Maybe Stoops too.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 11:40:43 pm
I exaggerate. The Hogs will beat CC. And that will likely be it for the year. 3-9 and 0-8.

I think they finish 4-8 or 5-6.

code red

Dude.  Who we gonna beat?  This ship is in the doldrums.  It would make no difference if you fired him now or later.  He will be fired.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

HiggiePiggy

rzrbkman

Quote from: code red on October 14, 2017, 11:51:29 pm
Dude.  Who we gonna beat?  This ship is in the doldrums.  It would make no difference if you fired him now or later.  He will be fired.

Coastal Carolina and Missouri.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 03:09:41 pm
I still don't necessarily buy into that. Yep, they most certainly beat UT but still struggled doing so. If you actually watched the game yesterday you saw the Tenny offense as almost a mirror imagine of ours in some respects-a horrible line and so-so running attack. The one thing we clearly have they currently don't is a QB who has experience. If the Vols had actually generated some offense, and give the Gamecocks credit for playing some salty defense, they still might have still been able to win the game.

In the end it's pretty tough to win many games when you turn the ball over and allow your opponent's defense to score 21 points like we did last weekend in Columbia. Unless you're playing a team vastly inferior every way that pretty much spells doom no matter how one looks at it. And we are not a vastly superior team.

Hoggish1

Had we played against USCe like we did last night, it would have been a blowout and we'd be sitting 3-3 this morning.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 14, 2017, 03:09:41 pm
One last thing: you ARE aware, I'll assume so anyway, that UT hasn't scored a TD in TEN, that's right, TEN quarters. While we may be anemic on offense, we most certainly aren't at such a total starvation level as yet. So you might want to rethink your "reasoning". Then again, nay, can't prove anything to you.

RebelliousHog

I disagree with the last sentence. The other? Geez I don't know.

Aubie most people agree iis going to win. How much depends on how big an ass Gus is.
Ole Miss is 3-3 and whipped a Vandy team that was getting respect
LSU has better athletes. They beat Aubie and Fla. While neither are tearing the NCAA up they have decent teams
MissSt beat LSU but lost to Ga and Aubie poorly. Toss up
Missouri, I would say, is our BEST chance, but as we have seen, we haven't done well the last 2 years against Mo teams that were as bad as us. Maybe worse.

I could easily see us losing every SEC game.  Especially if BB decides that AA should start, they start playing with the OLine again, and we don't send pressure on D. The times we got to Hurts last night was when we sent more than 3.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 14, 2017, 01:44:24 pm
What's really galling is - ever since we steamrolled Texas Tech in Lubbock - the careers of Kingsbury and Bielema have headed in opposite directions.

Texas Tech is handling West Virginia so far today. Red Raiders might be 5-1 today.

Kingsbury is still bad, too. And hey, how about that gosh-awful speed in the WVU secondary? Did you see that? WVU defensively is no more talented than Arkansas, probably less.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson