Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok I've got this! Texas race #2...

Started by 10thPlanet, November 02, 2014, 03:29:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

10thPlanet

ESPN better get DR. Punch back for next week, one of those women going to clocked.

RAD

I don't think what Harvick did was necessarily "cowardly," but instead he saw Brad trying to back away from Gordon and his shove was more like saying, "Don't be a little bitch, go confront the guy."

I think NASCAR will have to make the teams stop pulling the body out in front of the rear wheels. They're basically blades that are cutting tires anytime two cars get into each other, with Gordon's being an obvious example.

berryhog

I know this won't be popular on here, but IMO, Keselowski did nothing wrong on that restart.  He got a great run, Gordon left just enough of an opening for him to sneak in there and when he realized what was about to happen tried to close it too late.  Hate it for the 24, as he has been one of the best cars all year and now is in a tough spot.

Racinray

Quote from: berryhog on November 02, 2014, 08:25:45 pm
I know this won't be popular on here, but IMO, Keselowski did nothing wrong on that restart.  He got a great run, Gordon left just enough of an opening for him to sneak in there and when he realized what was about to happen tried to close it too late.  Hate it for the 24, as he has been one of the best cars all year and now is in a tough spot.
agree

10thPlanet

Quote from: RAD on November 02, 2014, 08:16:19 pm
I think NASCAR will have to make the teams stop pulling the body out in front of the rear wheels. They're basically blades that are cutting tires anytime two cars get into each other, with Gordon's being an obvious example.
Agree, it's like deathrace 2000 cars.

hogs24

Quote from: berryhog on November 02, 2014, 08:25:45 pm
disagree.  That was a punk move with that much of the line. He's a champion good grief you just don't do that.
Hell pay for it.

10thPlanet

I don't think what Harvick did was necessarily "cowardly," but instead he saw Brad trying to back away from Gordon and his shove was more like saying, "Don't be a little bitch, go confront the guy."
It's the running away, that I didn't like. Actually, using your words."confront."  After Harvick sees the replay of him running away, he'll probably wish he did it different, and stay around and help the fight/discussion along.
Harvick is frustrated as hell right now about last week, and not winning this race, he'll probably need some of Tony's head meds. He's had the best car all year long consistently, and something seems to always happen to their car.

10thPlanet

Quote from: hogs24 on November 02, 2014, 08:46:28 pm
disagree.  That was a punk move with that much of the line. He's a champion good grief you just don't do that.
Hell pay for it.
I became a Gordon fan tonight. I think he's been training.

ImHogginIt

I want Gordon to win but I gotta agree with Kes's take on it. Gordon was a little wide and there was an opening big enough for the 2 to get in there. Then Gordon came down and got his car hit. That's just good hard racing by the 2 trying to win the championship.

10thPlanet

ImHogginIt

I'm still blown away at how many empty seats there were yesterday. Texas Motor Speedway and NASCAR has some serious problems. They desperately need to repave Texas and narrow the track as well as lower the banking in the turns. Screw speed if the cars get so spread out and they have three lanes they can race in.

hoghelmet14

I don't care who started the fight... who took place or who finished it... everyone in my house was yelling and screaming standing cheering... it was Awesome! LOL
.... that said... I have been critical of Jeffy being a pus.... I was proud of him.... especially when he took off the helmet and took it to brad like a Man....  I LOL'd at Kevin shoving brad.... brad was looking for an exit.... and was blocked by someone else who hates him.... course that could be any of the other 42 drivers!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on November 03, 2014, 09:35:35 am
I don't care who started the fight... who took place or who finished it... everyone in my house was yelling and screaming standing cheering... it was Awesome! LOL
.... that said... I have been critical of Jeffy being a pus.... I was proud of him.... especially when he took off the helmet and took it to brad like a Man....  I LOL'd at Kevin shoving brad.... brad was looking for an exit.... and was blocked by someone else who hates him.... course that could be any of the other 42 drivers!

Not trying to defend Brad but he was on probation already. He had good reason to not be fighting. NASCAR need more guys to race hard and not be such boring gentlemen on the track

hoghelmet14

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 03, 2014, 09:43:36 am
Not trying to defend Brad but he was on probation already. He had good reason to not be fighting. NASCAR need more guys to race hard and not be such boring gentlemen on the track

I agree....

that said.... I would rather them "settle" things in the pits with fist than on the track with bumpers.... too many times on track gettin' even ends up collecting an innocent driver....

DeWayne R

What happened on the track was nothing but a racing deal..... Not the pits deal Jeff confronted the Elf in the pits with his guys between him. Backed up running his mouth at Gordon so Kevin helped him out with a little shove. Can see from the marks someone shut his mouth in the pile. Still think Nascar should have a ring so you ruffle feathers climb in the ring on the front straight.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Flying Razorback

Obviously I think what Kevin did and his remarks afterwards were hilarious.

Believe it or not, after all these years Harvick has earNed a spot in the garage as a veteran who has earned his stripes.  And even he knows that If a great like Jeff Gordon wants to talk to you, then you listen twice as much as you speak. 

I don't think Gordon was going to fight, just make a show, but then Brad just blew him off and acted all innocent.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 02, 2014, 06:26:19 pm
Kind of Cowardly though. 

Someone just needs to whip Happy's azz one time...
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

HogScoutMaster

Harprick should be fined 25K and put on probation for "actions detrimental to stock car racing"
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

RAD

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 02, 2014, 08:48:52 pm
It's the running away, that I didn't like. Actually, using your words."confront."  After Harvick sees the replay of him running away, he'll probably wish he did it different, and stay around and help the fight/discussion along.
Harvick is frustrated as hell right now about last week, and not winning this race, he'll probably need some of Tony's head meds. He's had the best car all year long consistently, and something seems to always happen to their car.

I think if Harvick had an issue with Brad because of something that had happened between the two of them during that race, he sure as hell would have confronted him. We've seen him do it many times before.

He doesn't like Brad just as most don't, so I think he decided he wasn't going to let Brad shy away from Gordon this time. It wasn't his battle, but I think he's had enough of him as well.

With that being said, I don't think Brad did anything wrong in this instance. Gordon opened the door, and he took his shot. I'm fiine with that. Gordon moved down, and it's not like they clipped corners of their cars. He was completely alongside of him and Gordon should've known he was there.  One last note: we all know that probation in NASCAR means absolutely nothing; it never has.

hoghelmet14

NASCAR should leave this alone.... it was entertaining.... and its been a clip on every news show today.... Fox showed it a bunch.... its a refreshing break from Tom Cotton Vs Mark Pryor!

ImHogginIt

138,000 my ass !!!!!  they must have hired the folks from the UA who used to make guestimates on Hog game attendance  :D

And they scan everybody's ticket at TMS so what is this estimate BS ?

Gossage pleased with crowd size
The Chase for the Sprint Cup AAA Texas 500 on Sunday drew a larger crowd than last season, Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage.
NASCAR stopped giving attendance figures last season. Unofficial estimates placed the crowd at about 138,000. The fall race in 2012 had a listed crowd of 146,000.
Gossage said this was the largest attendance for the eight Chase races to date.
"You'd always like to have more," Gossage said. "Good crowd."
The race went against the start of deer-hunting season in the state of Texas and a Formula 1 event in Austin.

Buff

Crew members from the 5 and 24 teams fined and placed on probation. 

Flying Razorback

The crew members were actually suspended the remainder of the season.  The crew chiefs were just put on probation.  All were also fined.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

"It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted, and obviously didn't really realize that it was going to ignite that, but all in all, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when you have to just turn your back on situations and walk off and mumble your way off into no-man's-land and not just handle the situation."

Kevin Harvick on Brad trying to walk off Sunday.

Seems like he's getting more publicity for his little shove than Brad and Jeff are for, you know, the actual fight.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/11/7/kevin-harvick-fight-shove-regrets-brad-keselowski-phoenix.html

hogs24

Gordon has lost 3 crew members. That's gonna hurt. Yet nothin for harprick or horseface.
Makes sense. Not.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogs24 on November 07, 2014, 05:17:17 pm
Gordon has lost 3 crew members. That's gonna hurt. Yet nothin for harprick or horseface.
Makes sense. Not.

Horceface did nothing wrong. There was an opening and he took it. Gordon was the one that came down on him. Then Gordon and crew attacked him. I wish someone would beat the crap out of Harprick.

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 07, 2014, 09:06:14 pm
Horceface did nothing wrong. There was an opening and he took it. Gordon was the one that came down on him. Then Gordon and crew attacked him. I wish someone would beat the crap out of Harprick.
so who punched jeff? His own crew?

10thPlanet

Quote from: hogs24 on November 08, 2014, 09:25:11 am
Hell Maybe...I've had a friend hit me before trying to get me out of a fight. Hardest hit of the fight. He was grabbing me and his palm hit me in the eye. I told him next time grab the other guy if you want to break up the fight.

Suspensions were justified. Let the drivers have it out or like in hockey get an enforcer on every crew.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogs24 on November 08, 2014, 09:25:11 am

Horceface didn't punch him. jeffy was the one who grabbed horceface. You think horceface should be fined because Gordon attacked him ?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 08, 2014, 07:50:28 pm
Hell Maybe...I've had a friend hit me before trying to get me out of a fight. Hardest hit of the fight. He was grabbing me and his palm hit me in the eye. I told him next time grab the other guy if you want to break up the fight.

Suspensions were justified. Let the drivers have it out or like in hockey get an enforcer on every crew.

Or drivers could quit being such titty babies and race hard for wins like Keselowski was doing. I'm sick of these guys acting like it is a major crime if their car gets scratched. They keep that attitude going and they can continue watching attendance and ratings go in the crapper.

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 08, 2014, 07:59:07 pm
Horceface didn't punch him. jeffy was the one who grabbed horceface. You think horceface should be fined because Gordon attacked him ?
no just kinda surprised nothin for harprick or horseface when obviously somebody punched gordon. Will be shocked if the 2 isn't in the wall at sometime tmrw.

Buff

Harvick just went to say "Good race, hang in there bud" to Brad.  Why should he be punished for spreading goodwill?

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on November 09, 2014, 11:25:56 am
Harvick just went to say "Good race, hang in there bud" to Brad.  Why should he be punished for spreading goodwill?
I think harprick wanted to punch him himself, but saw the opportunity to let someone else do the deed for him. Gotta say it was a smart move on his part.

Buff

hogs24

Buff

^^ I didn't know hogsgrl was a Harvick fan too

hogs24

10thPlanet