Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steppin in for ImHogginIt. He's too late. What lap will Danica crash in Bristol?

Started by 10thPlanet, March 15, 2014, 06:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

Answer: 3 min into practice.
Patrick was the first to wreck, losing control roughly three minutes into the session. She slammed into Parker Kligerman's car, and his Swan Racing team appeared to be trying to fix his Toyota as Stewart-Haas Racing immediately pulled out the backup Chevrolet for Patrick. Credit: USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/03/14/danica-patrick-kyle-busch-wreck-in-bristol-practice/6420415/

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Flying Razorback

Who actually thinks we get the race in today?

I think the real wager is when the race finishes.  My money is on Tuesday afternoon.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Racinray

I know the weather isn't the best, but that place looks over half empty.

hoghelmet14

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

hogs24

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on March 16, 2014, 02:55:48 pm
LOL.... yet your boy crashed first.... in the dang pits! ;)
spotters fault. At least he's got a decent car. What's up with your guy?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hogs24 on March 16, 2014, 03:24:40 pm

There's good cars at SHR!  The #4 Chevrolet has raced his way back in to the top 3 again!  From a starting position of p26 no less.  The #41 is pretty quick too and in the top 10. 

Tony needs to get himself back in gear.  I know it's tough after a traumatic injury that took away his practice sessions with the new car in the offseason.  But he needs to get it figured out.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on March 16, 2014, 03:49:35 pm

There's good cars at SHR!  The #4 Chevrolet has raced his way back in to the top 3 again!  From a starting position of p26 no less.  The #41 is pretty quick too and in the top 10. 

Tony needs to get himself back in gear.  I know it's tough after a traumatic injury that took away his practice sessions with the new car in the offseason.  But he needs to get it figured out.

Did you see the interview during second rain delay?  Tony said that they (him and crew chief) are just now learning each others lingo.... since Smoke did not get to do any pre season practice sessions.... due to injury..... this makes me feel better if true cuz I was ready to fire this crew chief.

and we have moved up a bunch since race started.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: hogs24 on March 16, 2014, 03:24:40 pm

As of now..... three spots behind your car..... with no wrinkled fenders....

hogs24

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on March 16, 2014, 03:57:15 pm
As of now..... three spots behind your car..... with no wrinkled fenders....
he was like 10 ahead of the 24...with wrinkled fenders lol

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

ImHogginIt

Damn ! At work and missed the rest of the race. What did Bowyer have to say about it. Would love to hear the uncensored version on the scanner  ;D

10thPlanet

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 17, 2014, 12:13:04 am
Damn ! At work and missed the rest of the race. What did Bowyer have to say about it. Would love to hear the uncensored version on the scanner  ;D
Nothing from Bowyer, but here it is again. Funny stuff, just glad she didn't hurt anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEbfoONa6Y

Flying Razorback

I probably wouldn't have been able to control it either.  She had lost her gear box and only had 4th gear.  She probably couldn't control it on 4 fresh tires trying to leave in 4th gear.

10thPlanet

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on March 17, 2014, 08:01:29 am
I probably wouldn't have been able to control it either.  She had lost her gear box and only had 4th gear.  She probably couldn't control it on 4 fresh tires trying to leave in 4th gear.
If you're used to driving that C-130 you can drive anything. Usually if you're in lower gear ratio like 4th, your wheel spin is less, even if you had to get the R's up. I'll give her the benefit, and say it felt different than her normal leaving, but she had options. Like lift, clutch, brake or turn the steering wheel. She has two pit boxes to get it done. She's all the way out looking good then turns back into Bowyer. I think her spotters, crew chief warned her of the other car coming down pit road, and she freaked. I have heard that these cars are so sensitive/rigid that on a normal pit stop if they leave too hard it messes up the balance of the car. Too mean that sounds crazy, but I don't know enough to speak on that. I know someone has more experience, spread the knowledge. Danica did get a decent finish. Better than I could, but I wish I could take that bet. I wouldn't have a fender left.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: dkwvike on March 17, 2014, 12:16:49 pm
If you're used to driving that C-130 you can drive anything. Usually if you're in lower gear ratio like 4th, your wheel spin is less, even if you had to get the R's up. I'll give her the benefit, and say it felt different than her normal leaving, but she had options. Like lift, clutch, brake or turn the steering wheel. She has two pit boxes to get it done. She's all the way out looking good then turns back into Bowyer. I think her spotters, crew chief warned her of the other car coming down pit road, and she freaked. I have heard that these cars are so sensitive/rigid that on a normal pit stop if they leave too hard it messes up the balance of the car. Too mean that sounds crazy, but I don't know enough to speak on that. I know someone has more experience, spread the knowledge. Danica did get a decent finish. Better than I could, but I wish I could take that bet. I wouldn't have a fender left.

Well that's plausible.  I was just trying to give her something.  I know her gear box wasn't normal, but she should have at least been able to get out of it and not slide all the way up to Bowyer.