Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark Martin Will Not Race the Daytona 500 after 26yrs in a row.

Started by 10thPlanet, November 10, 2013, 03:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

pioneerhog

I read the other day that Martin has no plans to race next year. Maybe he is finally hanging it up.

Racinray

ImHogginIt

I bet we see him in some Nationwide or truck races next year.

berryhog

Quote from: Racinray on November 12, 2013, 07:10:00 am
He's had a great career, time to move on.

I agree.  This year, it has become very apparent his ability is starting to fade.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: berryhog on November 12, 2013, 07:04:34 pm
I agree.  This year, it has become very apparent his ability is starting to fade.

And he admits it in the latest article I read.

riccoar

I don't think his ability is starting to fade.  I think his passion and the drive to maintain the level to have the edge is starting to fade.  Few people realize the shape that Mark's body is in.  He has a sixpack that would make some 20 year old guys jealous.  At his age he has to be in that shape just to be relevant with these younger guys.  Hell, I'm 43 and I can feel it after I mow and weed eat.

Racinray

To me, it would be hard to have the drive and/or passion to be a fill in or part-time driver.

HogScoutMaster

This is the one thing that I hate Harvick for.  Martin ALMOST had that Daytona win..DAMIT
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

riccoar

Quote from: DewUar88 on November 15, 2013, 09:10:27 am
This is the one thing that I hate Harvick for.  Martin ALMOST had that Daytona win..DAMIT
That was on NASCAR, not Harvick.  I think Harvick is going to have it tough next year.  SHR going to four teams this quick is going to be near impossible to have all of them competitive week in, and week out.

99toLife

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2013, 12:56:54 pm
That was on NASCAR, not Harvick.  I think Harvick is going to have it tough next year.  SHR going to four teams this quick is going to be near impossible to have all of them competitive week in, and week out.
One team doesn't have to be, it's just a cash cow for SHR.

Racinray

Quote from: riccoar on November 15, 2013, 12:56:54 pm
One of them will never be competitive........