Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocozzzzzno, good timing for this article.

Started by 10thPlanet, August 01, 2013, 05:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

hogs24

Good read thanks for posting. Would be cool to see the cup cars on dirt.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Buff

Take the splitters and spoilers off.  Make popcorn.  Watch calamity ensue when half the field can't drive the cars anymore.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 01, 2013, 05:23:05 pm
Take the splitters and spoilers off.  Make popcorn.  Watch calamity ensue when half the field can't drive the cars anymore.
Id watch that.

10thPlanet

Truth!

10thPlanet

Quote from: hogs24 on August 01, 2013, 05:19:38 pm
Good read thanks for posting. Would be cool to see the cup cars on dirt.
You're welcome!

Buff

Forgot to add:  Soften the tires so that only taking 2 for the last half of the race is not an option, make it where the driver has to baby them through a complete fuel run.  And don't claim to take a stance that you're going to do exactly that and then go back on your word once someone blows a right front, hits the wall, and blames it on na$car instead of their poor driving habit.

Verge

Quote from: Buff on August 01, 2013, 09:13:55 pm
Forgot to add:  Soften the tires so that only taking 2 for the last half of the race is not an option, make it where the driver has to baby them through a complete fuel run.  And don't claim to take a stance that you're going to do exactly that and then go back on your word once someone blows a right front, hits the wall, and blames it on na$car instead of their poor driving habit.

F1 did that his year. Basically they told Pirelli to make darn tires, and they have done perfectly.

Unfortunately, if you only watch F1, and don't know the reasoning behind it, you'd think Pirelli tires are crap and not buy them. Kind of a P.R. mess for the tire manufacturer.

10thPlanet

Quote from: Verge on August 02, 2013, 12:47:57 pm
F1 did that his year. Basically they told Pirelli to make darn tires, and they have done perfectly.

Unfortunately, if you only watch F1, and don't know the reasoning behind it, you'd think Pirelli tires are crap and not buy them. Kind of a P.R. mess for the tire manufacturer.
Yep, they've exploded some. Pirelli while being a bit high make damn good motorcycle tires, off and on road. Like you said though, Joe blow doesn't know there's different divisions within tire companies. 

ImHogginIt

During practice today they were talking a lot about how little space between the car and ground there is all the way around the car. Especially talked about how low the car sits around the back tires.

Buff

They gotta have all that downforce to help Danica keep her 25th place average finish.  The cars are so good now that you can't tell who the best drivers/teams are anymore. 

Either that, or Jimmie really IS that much better at driving than everyone else.

Flying Razorback

Has there ever been a Pocono weekend where practice, qualifying, or the race WASN'T rained out??  Practice rained out today.  I'm sure that will give the 48 the advantage.  Expect him to walk away from the field pretty easy come Sunday...Monday...maybe Tuesday... whenever the rain lets up and they actually get to race.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Someone up there should buy an almanac or something.

ImHogginIt

Truck race was boring as Hell today. Caution on lap 1 and not anything else until last 10 laps when there were like 4 cautions when everyone decided to actually race.

Buff

Nationwide race is a snoozer as well.  Single file racing throughout the race, just clicking off laps.  I don't blame them, might as well save the cars for the end since there is no real incentive to lead anything other than the final lap.

Buff

Read through the last Pocono thread.  Reminded me of how boring that race was.  I hope the 48 blows an engine, because that's all that is going to stop them. 

As usual, I will drop in to prove my expert analysis from time to time.

Buff

Stenhouse, Montoya, Kenseth caught up in wreck on lap 1, turn 1.  Montoya went into the turn low, Stenhouse came down in the middle, and there wasn't enough room.  Kenseth just was at the wrong place. 

Harvick said in the prerace that starts/restarts here are all about surviving.

Buff

Keselowski just took 2nd from Kyle Busch.  Currently 3 seconds behind the 48.

hogs24

Looks like the 2 might have somethin for the 48 today...still gonna be hard to beat if he gets out in clean air he was pulling away early.

hogs24

Hmmm the 24 was the fastest car on the track last few laps... 8)

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 12:06:32 pm

As usual, I will drop in to prove my expert analysis from time to time.
lulz

Buff

Turns out that Jimmie ain't so good in traffic right now. 

Quote from: hogs24 on August 04, 2013, 01:22:30 pm
lulz

hogs24

Buff

hogs24

Turns out that Jimmie ain't so good in traffic right now. 

lmao that's siggy material rite there....

Buff

Danica is getting more confident in her car and plans on getting more aggressive over the last 50 laps or so.  That's good, but I hope she's careful not to ruin the 20th place run she has going on.

Buff

Danica lost the car. She and Jeff Burton are out.

Racinray

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 02:34:23 pm
Burton wasn't to happy either!!!!

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 02:34:23 pm
to be fair reutiman was pinching  her down pretty good...and he's almost wrecked like 5 times at least.

Flying Razorback

Can someone tell me again why Pocono has two races a year?

hogs24

Flying Razorback

And somehow Harvick manages to go from 13th to finishing behind the wrecked 48

hogs24

Im so pissed rite now....frick you kenseth .

berryhog

Quote from: hogs24 on August 04, 2013, 03:46:58 pm
Im so pissed rite now....frick you kenseth .

I understand the frustration, but Gordon didn't do himself any favors on that last restart.  I cant imagine why he didn't move up a little going into turn 1 and make Kahne try to pass him on the inside.  Don't think Kahne could've pulled it off without wrecking them. 

hogs24

Quote from: berryhog on August 04, 2013, 04:17:03 pm
I understand the frustration, but Gordon didn't do himself any favors on that last restart.  I cant imagine why he didn't move up a little going into turn 1 and make Kahne try to pass him on the inside.  Don't think Kahne could've pulled it off without wrecking them. 
fair enough but would never have been an issue w/o last caution. That said...can't believe it stuck for khane on the outside in 2 like that. Props where they're due.

berryhog

Quote from: hogs24 on August 04, 2013, 04:38:58 pm
fair enough but would never have been an issue w/o last caution. That said...can't believe it stuck for khane on the outside in 2 like that. Props where they're due.

I agree.  Didn't think there was any chance that car would stick as hard as he drove in there.

Racinray

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on August 04, 2013, 03:01:53 pm
Can someone tell me again why Pocono has two races a year?
Been asking that question for years.....