Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Moto GP World Championship Thread...

Started by 10thPlanet, April 05, 2013, 01:51:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

April 05, 2013, 01:51:00 am Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:03:57 pm by dkwvike
Season opener from Losail International Racetrack in Doha, Qatar. Sunday, 4/5/13,  3pm EST.
Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmeFmeVWSoU
This promo isn't showing them under the lights, but you get the idea. Night time is just more appealing to the eyes.

waphill

Whoa! Another MotoGP fan on Hogville?? I thought there were only Nascar fans here. Make sure to catch the Moto2 race, too. Those guys will swap paint!

I'm going to Austin in 3 weeks. 

TorsinAHog

I had tickets to the race in Indy for 2 years.  Pretty fun time.  I was there when the hurricane blew through and watched a metal folding chair blow out of the upper deck  and they were still going 170+ down the front straight away. 
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

waphill

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 07, 2013, 08:11:46 am
I had tickets to the race in Indy for 2 years.  Pretty fun time.  I was there when the hurricane blew through and watched a metal folding chair blow out of the upper deck  and they were still going 170+ down the front straight away. 

I was there, too! Crazy to think a hurricane blows through Indiana!

We bought big, curly wigs for Simoncelli and we didn't even get to see him race. RIP Super Sic!

We sat right on the new infield section. They were binning bikes left and right on the new tarmac during practice. Practice and Qualifying were great fun. Sunday, not so much.

Great performance from Dovi in Qualifying. The Desmo is still a slow turd around the corners. I think Spies has lost his edge. Probably needs to just hang up the boots.

Verge

Not sure who to root for in Moto2 now that Maniac Joe is in GP. Need another crazy rider.

10thPlanet

Quote from: waphill on April 06, 2013, 02:51:37 pm
Whoa! Another MotoGP fan on Hogville?? I thought there were only Nascar fans here. Make sure to catch the Moto2 race, too. Those guys will swap paint!

Heck yes! Moto2 on Speed @ 10pm CST! Thanks ALL for posting in the Motorsports Forum! Forza Ducati!

jswineberiaskirk

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

http://www.motogp.com/
Remember the,"Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas" is going on in Austin this weekend. This is huge, wish I was there. Moto2 and 3 are also going on. It's worth recording if you're watching Nascar.
Qualifying: Speed Channel 8pm CST.
MotoGP Live on Speed @1:30pm CST.

10thPlanet

Quote from: waphill on April 06, 2013, 02:51:37 pm

Take some pics!

10thPlanet

Verge

I have a massive sunburn. Wish I had seats in the shade :(

10thPlanet

Quote from: Verge on April 21, 2013, 07:32:44 am
I have a massive sunburn. Wish I had seats in the shade :(
No Pain, no gain. Have a blast!

10thPlanet

Verge

Approaching hour 10 of the ride home. Texas roads are the worst.

10thPlanet

Quote from: Verge on April 21, 2013, 11:51:52 pm
Approaching hour 10 of the ride home. Texas roads are the worst.
They're long and flat for sure. Hated to see the Texas Tornado fall out.

Verge

Verge

Also, had hog gear on all day Sunday and didnt get a single woo pig. Come on hog fans, watch more racing!

waphill

Quote from: Verge on April 22, 2013, 12:48:08 pm
Also, had hog gear on all day Sunday and didnt get a single woo pig. Come on hog fans, watch more racing!

I would say hog fans watch a lot of racing, they're just not familiar with brakes or right hand turns.

10thPlanet

Missed Jerez? Here's a review! Dirty pass or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEXst3cxZc
Looking forward to France!

10thPlanet

MotoGP/Moto2 France TV schedules.
MotoGP  Sunday, May 19th @ 7:30AM EST. Moto2 Sunday May19th 11:00 EST. Both on Speed. Set that DVR!
No Nascar on Sunday, catch some outdoor motocross, and superbike road racing!

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

jswineberiaskirk

6/29/13 THE DOCTOR REIGNS in Assen!!

Lorezo is beyond tough. Twelve to fourth and ending up fifth with a collarbone broken in three places held together with a titanium plate and nine screws around 36 hours after the injury.

10thPlanet

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on July 01, 2013, 09:21:46 am
6/29/13 THE DOCTOR REIGNS in Assen!!

Lorezo is beyond tough. Twelve to fourth and ending up fifth with a collarbone broken in three places held together with a titanium plate and nine screws around 36 hours after the injury.
Just watched the replay! Rossi's 80th win. Lorenzo is crazy tough.