Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamlin Fracture L1/Martin to the #11

Started by 10thPlanet, March 25, 2013, 06:24:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

March 25, 2013, 06:24:23 pm Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:16:53 am by dkwvike
He turned left on his own, but might have done it to keep off the wall after being leaned on. Looks like his Championship may take a hit. Regardless of who's at fault I see NASCAR putting the breaks on,"boys have at it." Going to be a target on Lagono regardless. Sadler to the #11?

hogs24

Nascars in a spot here. Will be interesting to see which way this goes. I personally hate it because the last two races have been great to watch.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Buff

He says he made a point to give Logano plenty of room all day.  He knows what he tried to do, and I don't blame him for deflecting blame.  Hope he has a full recovery.

Ugly Uncle

I've never really thought much about Nascar, however, I have watched the last two weeks and have loved it.  I slept through parts of both times I watched, but I do that on Sundays anyway no matter what sport I am watching.  Actually a blast to watch.

The ending to the race this Sunday was epic.
Retired Radio Host

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 26, 2013, 12:22:27 am
I've never really thought much about Nascar, however, I have watched the last two weeks and have loved it.  I slept through parts of both times I watched, but I do that on Sundays anyway no matter what sport I am watching.  Actually a blast to watch.

The ending to the race this Sunday was epic.

Yes it was... welcome aboard.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

bulldog04

Quote from: Buff on March 26, 2013, 12:02:08 am
He says he made a point to give Logano plenty of room all day.  He knows what he tried to do, and I don't blame him for deflecting blame.  Hope he has a full recovery.
I agree.  Logano and some on this board thinks that Hamlin deserved it.

Buff

He did deserve to get knocked to the bottom of the finishing order for trying to take Logano out.   Not to be carried off on a stretcher.  Denny's full of crap just the same.

Buff

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Buff on March 26, 2013, 11:02:43 pm
He did deserve to get knocked to the bottom of the finishing order for trying to take Logano out.   Not to be carried off on a stretcher.  Denny's full of crap just the same.

I'm not a fan or a hater of either guy, so I really don't have a dog in this fight... I hate that Hamlin got seriously injured, but that's the result of his turning hard left at 180 MPH and not getting enough of the rear bumper of the car he was trying to wreck. Karma is a bitch sometimes. Sometimes you have to concede defeat rather than steering your car into a wall with no SAFER barrier...

riccoar

Between Martin and Vickers they could fill the seat till he got back.  My question is I thought at one time that if a driver started the race, and someone else finished it, the starting driver would still get the points.  Is that still the case?  Denny will have two weeks off before Martinsville which leaves four weeks someone would need to drive.  Sitting 10th in points if the above is still doable, I'd try it.

hogs24

Quote from: riccoar on March 27, 2013, 01:54:06 pm
Between Martin and Vickers they could fill the seat till he got back.  My question is I thought at one time that if a driver started the race, and someone else finished it, the starting driver would still get the points.  Is that still the case?  Denny will have two weeks off before Martinsville which leaves four weeks someone would need to drive.  Sitting 10th in points if the above is still doable, I'd try it.
yep that's still the rule but i doubt they put him in the car for a few weeks anyway.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hogs24 on March 27, 2013, 03:53:38 pm
yep that's still the rule but i doubt they put him in the car for a few weeks anyway.

They talked about this on Sirius NASCAR radio yesterday... Pretty doubtful they put Hamlin in the car under this scenario. It would hurt him even worse if something were to happen during a single green flag lap and he got involved. I don't think this is an injury to be toyed with. This isn't a broken ankle or arm. It's pretty serious business.

riccoar

With the money involved in sponsorship of a team, I think they at least take a look at his status just a day or two prior to Martinsville.  Missing that many races would mean no chase.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: riccoar on March 28, 2013, 08:17:11 am
With the money involved in sponsorship of a team, I think they at least take a look at his status just a day or two prior to Martinsville.  Missing that many races would mean no chase.

I agree, but if something happens there then he will be out for a very long time. Not to mention the long term effects of re-injuring himself.

ImHogginIt

Look forward to watching Martin in the #11 for 5 races  ;D

10thPlanet

Triple T

Mark has for the most part run very well this year, so I can't imagine what he's going to do with likely the best Toyota on the track along with one of the best pit crews.

Should be an exciting few weeks for us.

centarkswine

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 29, 2013, 12:15:56 am
Look forward to watching Martin in the #11 for 5 races  ;D

Sorry to disappoint, but I heard Michael Waltrip on Sirius today...

Martin is ONLY running the Martinsville race in Hamlin's car. Mikey figures Brian Vickers will get the rest of the races.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ArkieRebel on March 29, 2013, 09:26:16 pm

Martin is ONLY running the Martinsville race in Hamlin's car. Mikey figures Brian Vickers will get the rest of the races.

Yeah Aarons has spent a ton of money with Mark as their driver in ads, ect....  I can see their point wanting their contract with Waltrip honored

10thPlanet

Quote from: ArkieRebel on March 29, 2013, 09:26:16 pm

I was wondering how Martin was going to walk away from an Aarons contract. Gibb's cars are a lot better, would've been fun.

Racinray

Quote from: dkwvike on March 30, 2013, 12:25:59 am
Gibb's cars are a lot better, would've been fun.
Got to give Mikey credit. his team has came along way in the last two years.

arky870

Quote from: Racinray on March 30, 2013, 08:16:44 am

wish they would do even better so he did not have time to be in the announcers booth lol

10thPlanet

Quote from: Racinray on March 30, 2013, 08:16:44 am
That's true they have, and I thought they were doomed to 15+ place finishes for life. I wonder how much Martin factored into that? I think JGR gets even better with Kenseth there.

Racinray

Quote from: dkwvike on March 30, 2013, 10:45:28 am
I think JGR gets even better with Kenseth there.
I think you are right.

hogs24

Denny  just did an interview on sportscenter...still sayin joey wrecked him on purpose...lmao
Hey Denny.. YOU caused that wreck idiot.

Buff

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on April 03, 2013, 06:43:22 pm
That Logano, such a vicious bully
the next Jeff Gordon...oh wait...Kasey khane....ummmm no.

Buff

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on April 03, 2013, 06:43:22 pm
That Logano, such a vicious bully

He's only slightly less intimidating than Hamlin though.  ;D

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hogs24 on April 03, 2013, 05:55:03 pm
Denny  just did an interview on sportscenter...still sayin joey wrecked him on purpose...lmao
Hey Denny.. YOU caused that wreck idiot.

This... Logano may or may not have gotten into Hamlin on purpose, but Hamlin put himself in the inside wall.