Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm going to enjoy so much

Started by EastexHawg, January 16, 2016, 06:52:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 25, 2016, 09:34:27 pm
I don't let HS biases influence my decision on which hogs I like or dislike. Otherwise I'd end up disliking a large number of our current hogs because I dislike their HS's. Similarly, I don't let collegiate biases influence my like or dislike of NFL players, except for hogs because I'm always biased in favor of them. Cam the person did some bad things when he was younger, but Cam the football player is entertaining to watch and Cam the person as a professional has shown to not only have dropped the bad parts of his character, but added good parts.

How do you know anything about his character?  Someone gave him tens of millions of dollars because he is good at football.  That means he doesn't need to steal or cheat to get what he wants anymore.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 26, 2016, 07:36:23 am
Not sure I can remember ever seeing a Razorback in the NFL celebrate anywhere near the level that Newton does.  He's today's version of Mark Gastineau.

I was talking about razorbacks doing it period. Seems the bowl games allowed a lot more of it this year than I can remember. I was ready for somebody to break an ankle doing that little jogging crap they kept doing. I just really hate it. Guess I'm just an old angry guy but it aggravates the heck out of me. The worst is somebody doing it when they are getting their butts handed to them. Just dumb.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 26, 2016, 08:10:51 am
How do you know anything about his character?  Someone gave him tens of millions of dollars because he is good at football.  That means he doesn't need to steal or cheat to get what he wants anymore.

I can't judge all of it, only what is available to the public. He hasn't stolen anything and he has given back a lot to his community. He appears to genuinely care about kids which is largely why he celebrates the way he does. His whole dabbing thing is because of his little brother.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 25, 2016, 03:08:14 pm
It was Blinn, not Navarro.  Other than that the rest of it is correct.  He was charged with three cases of cheating, including taking another student's paper and turning it in as his own.
Quote from: EastexHawg on January 25, 2016, 03:00:46 pm
He stole another student's laptop and painted it to disguise it.  When the cops came to his room to question him he asked them to give him a second and while they were waiting he threw it out the window.  If I'm not mistaken he was also brought before the Student Senate for academic cheating.  He left Florida or was kicked out, depending on which version you want to believe.

Then, after a year at a Texas juco (Navarro, I believe), he and his dad sold his services to Auburn.

He's a class act all the way.

It is totally understandable for a Hog fan or other SEC fan to have a dislike for Cam. 

The broader dislike beyond that reminds me of the dislike for the Canes of the 80s and early 90s.  I don't dislike the NFL player Cam.  He is a great player and appears to be maturing.  The wreck may have helped that.  Hope to see Von and Demarcus standing over him celebrating a lot next weekend as Aqib or Harris head the other way with the ball. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 26, 2016, 02:35:50 pm
I can't judge all of it, only what is available to the public. He hasn't stolen anything and he has given back a lot to his community. He appears to genuinely care about kids which is largely why he celebrates the way he does. His whole dabbing thing is because of his little brother.

Well, all I know is Cam looks a whole lot cooler "dabbing" than Saban or Beamer.
Please God - I hope to never see Beleima doing it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 26, 2016, 08:20:18 am
I was talking about razorbacks doing it period. Seems the bowl games allowed a lot more of it this year than I can remember. I was ready for somebody to break an ankle doing that little jogging crap they kept doing. I just really hate it. Guess I'm just an old angry guy but it aggravates the heck out of me. The worst is somebody doing it when they are getting their butts handed to them. Just dumb.

I'm with you 100%.  Don't draw attention to yourself.  It makes you look selfish and stupid. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

EastexHawg

January 26, 2016, 03:55:20 pm #56 Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:32:39 pm by EastexHawg
Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 26, 2016, 03:14:44 pm
I'm with you 100%.  Don't draw attention to yourself.  It makes you look selfish and stupid. 

One recent example...Patrick Peterson intercepting a Green Bay pass and instead of simply running it into the end zone, slowing down to taunt the Packers defender and drawing a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  It turned out not to matter because there was another Arizona foul that negated the interception, but he didn't know that at the time.

How selfish do you have to be to cost your team a potential score because you can't run 15 more yards into the end zone without turning around, making some sort of silly taunting motion, and putting your finger to your lips in a "SHHHHHHHHH" gesture?

And...Cam has taken it to an entirely new level.  Luckily there are millions of kids and teenagers watching so we can expect future generations to think this is how you do it when you're a big time football player.

clutch

Turns out Bill Belichek has a different view on this topic than you guys. I was watching his epsiode of a football life last night on the NFL network. He likes seeing celebration by players and teammates after a good play. He says it shows that they are into the game. He wants them to acknowledge great plays by doing something that shows some emotion. Dancing, jumping around, chestbumping teammates, etc.

Football is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. I like seeing guys that are clearly enjoying their time on the field. That's what I take away from watching Cam. He looks like a guy who just loves playing the game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: clutch on January 27, 2016, 10:48:10 am
Turns out Bill Belichek has a different view on this topic than you guys. I was watching his epsiode of a football life last night on the NFL network. He likes seeing celebration by players and teammates after a good play. He says it shows that they are into the game. He wants them to acknowledge great plays by doing something that shows some emotion. Dancing, jumping around, chestbumping teammates, etc.

Football is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. I like seeing guys that are clearly enjoying their time on the field. That's what I take away from watching Cam. He looks like a guy who just loves playing the game.

What else is Belichek going to say?  He knows the game and the players he coaches now.  He's numb to it and he doesn't want to alienate his players by seeming out of touch to them.  As long as the Pats keep winning (which they have done with more regularity than anyone since he's been head coach), they can have sex with the cheerleaders on the sidelines after scores and he'd probably say he's okay with it.

In all seriousness though, I understand that this is mostly a generational thing.  Older people like me don't like the celebrations - and they are getting worse and worse each year - but the younger ones think they are cool.  My dad hated Elmo Wright, Homer Jones and Hollywood Henderson because they "rocked the boat".  I guess I took my cue from him. 

Now get off my lawn..
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

clutch

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 27, 2016, 11:27:52 am
What else is Belichek going to say?  He knows the game and the players he coaches now.  He's numb to it and he doesn't want to alienate his players by seeming out of touch to them.  As long as the Pats keep winning (which they have done with more regularity than anyone since he's been head coach), they can have sex with the cheerleaders on the sidelines after scores and he'd probably say he's okay with it.

In all seriousness though, I understand that this is mostly a generational thing.  Older people like me don't like the celebrations - and they are getting worse and worse each year - but the younger ones think they are cool.  My dad hated Elmo Wright, Homer Jones and Hollywood Henderson because they "rocked the boat".  I guess I took my cue from him. 

Now get off my lawn..

He's going to say whatever he wants. He's one guy in the NFL who doesn't care how people take what he says. I don't think he says it if he doesn't mean it.

Torqued pork

Just playing the game is fun. I look at the individual celebrations as adult-aged males showing an immature need for attention which our screwed up culture encourages and embraces.

EastexHawg

How happy is Belichek going to be about players showing their joy for the game when one of his Patriots taunts an opponent on the way to the end zone and costs his team a touchdown...or gets a celebration penalty that moves the other team into field goal range and costs him a game?

majestic

Turns out Eastex doesn't like non-white people.  Who knew?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

EastexHawg

Quote from: majestic on January 27, 2016, 07:09:36 pm
Turns out Eastex doesn't like non-white people.  Who knew?

Yeah, I was rooting for Russell Wilson and the Seahawks to beat Cam and the Panthers because I can't stand the thought of a non-white QB winning.

Oh...wait.

You're a broken record and a race baiter.

Dr. Starcs

Well, scams comments sealed the deal for me.

Go broncos.

I believe you're the one bringing race into the situation cam.

Jackrabbit Hog

I read a pretty good description of Newton this morning on another site.  Guy called him "Donald Trump in a football helmet."

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 28, 2016, 07:18:39 am
Well, scams comments sealed the deal for me.

Go broncos.

I believe you're the one bringing race into the situation cam.

What comments did he make?

Dr. Starcs

Basically that the only reason people are critical of his celebrations is because of his race.

Gmafb

DeltaBoy

The Bronco D fixed his Celebration nonsense.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.