Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Rams to LA

Started by BearsBisonsBoars, January 12, 2016, 10:59:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BearsBisonsBoars

bennyl08

Hopefully they go back to their true colors, in the literal sense.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DeltaBoy

The Rams should have never left LA!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

St Louis did all they could to keep that team.
Somewhat surprising the owner is a Missouri guy - but was just hell bent on moving that team, no matter what the city did to get him stay.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

sickboy

I grew up in Little Rock watching the Cowboys of the late 80's to 90's. But since then, have left Arkansas and have been living in LA the last 10 years. I haven't really felt a connection to any NFL team -- not like I do the Razorbacks. But now that we have the Rams in LA -- I've finally got a team that I can invest in NFL-wise. So selfishly, I'm jubilant.

I didn't want the Raiders because -- well, they're the Raiders. And it feels like the Chargers belong in San Diego. So, my hope all along was that the Rams came back to LA where they were during my childhood. Plus, Todd Gurley is going to be fun to watch every week. Kid's got a bright future.

Jackrabbit Hog

Somewhere, Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow are smiling.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 13, 2016, 06:15:03 pm
Somewhere, Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow are smiling.

Roman Gabriel - haven't thought about him in years.
Used to think he was about the best looking guy I'd ever seen - I think I was about 12 or 13.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

husker71

Roman Gabriel was BlueBoy in John Wayne and Rock Hudson movie   The Undefeated    Loved him throwing to Bucky Pope  the Catawba Claw.   

pigture perfect

Nothing really changes for the Rams. They are still a horribly run organization. I'm guessing crowds will be good for awhile, but the Rams will still be afterthoughts the majority of the time.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on January 13, 2016, 08:12:55 pm
Roman Gabriel - haven't thought about him in years.
Used to think he was about the best looking guy I'd ever seen - I think I was about 12 or 13.

Used to love the play-by-play announcer Ray Scott's calls back in the day.  "Gabriel............Snow...........touchdown."  Just the basics.  Guys today could learn so much from him.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 14, 2016, 08:36:07 am
Used to love the play-by-play announcer Ray Scott's calls back in the day.  "Gabriel............Snow...........touchdown."  Just the basics.  Guys today could learn so much from him.

Rams were one of the more popular teams across the country back then.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on January 14, 2016, 10:19:45 am
Rams were one of the more popular teams across the country back then.

When I was just a lil' Jackrabbit, about 7 or 8 years old, my best buddy Mark and I played backyard football just about every day.  He was always Bart Starr and I was always Roman Gabriel.  We had some epic battles.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 15, 2016, 10:02:10 am
When I was just a lil' Jackrabbit, about 7 or 8 years old, my best buddy Mark and I played backyard football just about every day.  He was always Bart Starr and I was always Roman Gabriel.  We had some epic battles.

You were the good guy and your friend was the bad guy. (never have been Green Bay fan)

bennyl08

Quote from: hoglady on January 16, 2016, 07:21:16 am
You were the good guy and your friend was the bad guy. (never have been Green Bay fan)

I've always felt like Green Bay was the Tom Hanks of football teams. Almost every likes them, they are consistently good and enjoyable and don't do anything to make you not like them.

The only reason I can think of to not like the packers is if they beat your team. Otherwise, they are one of the least controversial teams out there.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hoglady

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 16, 2016, 08:45:17 pm
I've always felt like Green Bay was the Tom Hanks of football teams. Almost every likes them, they are consistently good and enjoyable and don't do anything to make you not like them.

The only reason I can think of to not like the packers is if they beat your team. Otherwise, they are one of the least controversial teams out there.

My dislike goes back to the mid 60's.
I was a Dallas Cowboy/ Don Meredith fan which created a real dislike for the Bart Starr led Packers.
I haven't rooted for the Packers since.

Torqued pork

Will LA care enough to support the Rams much less support the Rams and the Chargers?

clutch

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 18, 2016, 10:36:52 am
Will LA care enough to support the Rams much less support the Rams and the Chargers?

I don't think so. Maybe at first, but it won't last.

bob slydell

Does no one in that organization remember why they left LA in the first place? What do they think will be different this time around? Couple typical LA apathy with a poorly run organization and mark it down they will be looking for a way to leave again within 20 years.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hoghappy

Some of my friends in LA tell me that they were hoping for the Raiders. They have been Raiders fans since the LA Raiders days. It won't change. They don't think they are alone either.

sickboy

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 28, 2016, 09:54:26 am
Does no one in that organization remember why they left LA in the first place? What do they think will be different this time around? Couple typical LA apathy with a poorly run organization and mark it down they will be looking for a way to leave again within 20 years.

Apples and oranges. Los Angeles in the early 90's was mired in a terrible economic recession and terrible racial turmoil. Couple that with the fact that for most people to get to the Rams stadium in Anaheim, they had to go right through the most dangerous area in the country at the time, south central.

Los Angeles and the NFL are completely different today than they were in the early 90's.