Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cincinnati Bengals the epitome of a bad coached team

Started by Hog Solo, January 09, 2016, 10:55:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Solo

Thank god we have a good coach and class players.  Bengals imploded. Classless fans and players.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 09, 2016, 10:55:56 pm
Thank god we have a good coach and class players.  Bengals imploded. Classless fans and players.

Pretty well true, but I'm still wondering if Adam Jones really deserved that 15 yard penalty that put the Steelers in FG range.  Seemed unnecessary to me.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Danny J

I was about to create a thread also. I absolutely can't believe how they blew this game. Unreal. They have two absolute thugs on defense that cost them 30 yards with two penalties on that final drive. Both Burfict and Jones are thugs. No way I would want those guys on my team especially Burfict. He is an absolute thug and should be banned from football before he kills somebody on the field.

snoblind

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Danny J on January 09, 2016, 11:00:20 pm
I was about to create a thread also. I absolutely can't believe how they blew this game. Unreal. They have two absolute thugs on defense that cost them 30 yards with two penalties on that final drive. Both Burfict and Jones are thugs. No way I would want those guys on my team especially Burfict. He is an absolute thug and should be banned from football before he kills somebody on the field.

Overreaction Much?
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PonderinHog

jfred59

Hog Solo

Embarrassing end to the game. Coach should be held accountable for his players.

hoglady

Man, no kidding.
The fans reaction when Big Ben was being taken to the locker room for xrays was disgraceful.
Then the defensive penalties were just ridiculous - that team needs to clean house.
Talk about grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

clutch

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 10:59:04 pm
Pretty well true, but I'm still wondering if Adam Jones really deserved that 15 yard penalty that put the Steelers in FG range.  Seemed unnecessary to me.

Deserved or not, you don't even give the refs a reason to decide that there. Stupid to put himself in that situation. I've never seen anything like that. Truly deserved that loss.

kodiakisland

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2016, 11:03:41 pm
Man, no kidding.
The fans reaction when Big Ben was being taken to the locker room for xrays was disgraceful.
Then the defensive penalties were just ridiculous - that team needs to clean house.
Talk about grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Maybe they don't like serial rapists.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

kodiakisland

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 10:59:04 pm

Odd that a steeler coach was involved in two personal fouls.

WaltonCollege

That was embarrassing by the Bengals, Burfict was shoving and punching players each down. He got his.

Hog Solo

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 09, 2016, 11:04:32 pm
The Bengals should have fired Marvin Lewis years ago.  The inmates are running the asylum.  Cowher and Boomer threw Lewis under the bus.  Rightfully.

Thought they were both spot on. Sports shouldn't turn to cheering for injury for the opponent no matter who the opponent is.  Terrible fans.

greenEGnHAWGS

I loved how Burfict ran off the field after his interception like he just won the game...with 1:30 left...then almost kills Antonio Brown to put them in field goal range to lose the game.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: clutch on January 09, 2016, 11:04:45 pm
Deserved or not, you don't even give the refs a reason to decide that there. Stupid to put himself in that situation. I've never seen anything like that. Truly deserved that loss.

Agree.
I just don't like refs to decide games.  Refs decided this one.
Bengals gave it away.
Steelers weren't much better.

One of the few games where I finished the game feeling disgusted and it wasn't a Hog loss.
His response to me:

hoglady

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 09, 2016, 11:01:19 pm
I look for Marvin to get fired after that.

Well maybe he should be.
He put Burfict back out on the field - knowing he was out of control.
Then the selfish SOB cost his team the game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Dr. Starcs

Marvin Lewis. Been there 10+ years and 0 playoff wins.

shshark00

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 09, 2016, 11:06:35 pm
Odd that a steeler coach was involved in two personal fouls.

True. But the replays I saw showed a Bengals player with their hands on said Steelers coaches. Completely inexcusable behavior. I'm ashamed to be an NFL fan right now. 

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hoglady

Well - prior to the Bengal defense acting like a bunch of morons - I was thinking AJ McCarron is a winner.
He's not the most skilled QB, but he's smart and he knows how to win at the end. Too bad that winning attitude never made it over to the defensive side of the ball.

pigture perfect

Yep, I'm piling on too. It was disgraceful the way Burfect and Jones acted. I love physical football. I love intense rivalries. I hate players taking cheap shots and not controlling their emotions.

AJ McCarron deserved better.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2016, 11:24:21 pm
Well - prior to the Bengal defense acting like a bunch of morons - I was thinking AJ McCarron is a winner.
He's not the most skilled QB, but he's smart and he knows how to win at the end. Too bad that winning attitude never made it over to the defensive side of the ball.

He is a winner.
Not super skills but smart, poised.
His response to me:

oldbear

For those thinking the Jones penalty should not have been called, you simply don't run through a referee mouthing and pointing. It should and will get called every time. Twice when the players have been cheap the entire game. The refs didn't decide the game. The classless lack of self control of the players did.

Danny J

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 11:02:29 pm
Overreaction Much?
I don't think so and as a matter of fact the guys on the post game show basically said the same thing.

"Burfict is a danger to opposing football players on the field" is a quote from Boomer. He went on to say he should be fined and suspended for an extended period of time next year and I bet the NFL does just that. On top of that he stood over on the sidelines afterwards with a smirk on his face like he was proud of himself. At least Jones was in tears on the sidelines. He knew he messed up. Burfict....not so much.

Hogs958

AJ McCarren still wins at life because he is going home to Katherine Webb

hoglady

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 11:28:55 pm
He is a winner.
Not super skills but smart, poised.

Just listened to him answering questions from the press.
He is as smart and savvy as they come.
They tried to bait him into placing blame - his response "we win as a team and we lose as a team, simple as that". "Now is not the time to point fingers, now is the time to use this loss to get better as a team and ready for next year."
He was quite impressive.

SemperFi

Cincy earned that loss. Burfect is a thug and should be suspended for several games next season as well as be fined an enormous amount of money.

No way any of you can compare the Steelers to the Bengals after watching that game tonight. Twice the Bengals secondary tried to injure a Steelers Receiver and did injure Roethlisberger. There's a difference between playing tough defense and thug defense.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Danny J on January 09, 2016, 11:33:30 pm
I don't think so and as a matter of fact the guys on the post game show basically said the same thing.

"Burfict is a danger to opposing football players on the field" is a quote from Boomer. He went on to say he should be fined and suspended for an extended period of time next year and I bet the NFL does just that. On top of that he stood over on the sidelines afterwards with a smirk on his face like he was proud of himself. At least Jones was in tears on the sidelines. He knew he messed up. Burfict....not so much.

Well this is a far cry from your Pete Rose ban you were calling for earlier.  This I can agree with.
His response to me:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2016, 11:33:50 pm
Just listened to him answering questions from the press.
He is as smart and savvy as they come.
They tried to bait him into placing blame - his response "we win as a team and we lose as a team, simple as that". "Now is not the time to point fingers, now is the time to use this loss to get better as a team and ready for next year."
He was quite impressive.

I wonder if he has any coaching aspirations after football.
Perfect coaching criteria.  Winner without superior skills, high game IQ, poised, leadership.
His response to me:

ChicoHog

Burfict and Jones were punks in college and have not changed a bit.  Jones seemed to have reformed over the last couple of years but his true personality came out at the end tonight.  Bengals should cut both those guys and Burfict should be fined and/or suspended to start next season. 

Hawgzinbowlz

In college you "recruit your problems". In the NFL you keep your problems under contract.

Unfortunate for the Bengals players who played the game within the acceptable NFL parameters.

Not a dog in this and..." GO HOGS "

hamsam

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 09, 2016, 10:59:28 pm
Steelers players and coach aren't any better.
My new, number one most disliked Hogville member... Never thought anyone would pass FCJ! 😂
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Lake City Hog

Neither team is one that I would consider as a "class" organization. Shazier?? and Burfict could be brothers. Pac-Man Jones has been trouble since he came into the league.
Fines and suspensions are a joke, these guys don't care. Teams simply have to decide if having a player with enormous ability, but totally lacking self control is worth it in the long run. Yeah they can make plays, but when things get to a critical moment they will cost you a game.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2016, 11:08:39 pm
Well maybe he should be.

This.
[CENSORED]!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I would disagree as far as the coaching on the Bengals staff being bad. What I would not disagree with is that they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That much is clear.

The Bengals problems stem from placing playing ability so far above character in their evaluations.

They have been drafting and signing a lot of players for years who had numerous issues on the college level or even before that.

Not the whole team, of course. I'm sure there are a lot of high character guys on their roster. It's just that they have too many problem children and have not reined them in enough.

Vontaze Burfict was regarded as a a 1st or 2nd round choice on ability, but went undrafted due to character concerns.

When a team runs a halfway house in effect, it is going to show up on the field at crucial times.

The Bengals have a lot of talent and good coaches, but when you have enough rogues on a team, no coach can keep a lid on things all the time and the inmates wind up running the asylum.

Marvin Lewis is not enough of a disciplinarian, I agree, but the problem started with the draft and free agent signings of too many loose cannons.

I don't consider the Steelers a lot better with a thug like Joey Porter on the coaching staff running onto the field, a head coach deliberately wandering onto the field in the middle of a play a couple of years ago, the hit on Carson Palmer, and so on.

I would say the Steelers show more self discipline on the field than Cincy and don't beat themselves nearly as much, so they do deserve credit for that. 
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Hog N Bama

Bengals deserved to lose!!!! No class in that bunch AT ALL. :puke: After watching that game last night, I think they are now my most hated team. But wait! I hate the Patriots more! I hate the Texans too.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog Solo on January 09, 2016, 11:03:53 pm
Embarrassing end to the game. Coach should be held accountable for his players.

Maybe the players should be held accountable for their behavior themselves.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2016, 07:02:22 am
Maybe the players should be held accountable for their behavior themselves.

Too old school.
We live in the age of ''participation trophies'' and scapegoating.
His response to me:

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 09, 2016, 11:05:19 pm
Maybe they don't like serial rapists.

Who was ever charged, tried, & convicted of rape?
Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

FANONTHEHILL

"The only discipline that lasts is self-discipline" - Bum Phillips

The Bengals haven't figured this out.  I think that's why some great college coaches (Holtz, Spurrier, and Saban for example) can't get it done in the NFL.  It a "me" league, not an "us" league.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ChitownHawg

Quote from: snoblind on January 09, 2016, 11:01:37 pm
Yes they are

The college girls who have met up with Rapistburger would disagree with you.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ALLVOL

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 11:09:05 pm
Agree.
I just don't like refs to decide games.  Refs decided this one.
Bengals gave it away.
Steelers weren't much better.

One of the few games where I finished the game feeling disgusted and it wasn't a Hog loss.
The refs didn't decide this game. Idiots playing for the Bungles decided it by their actions.

oldbear

I don't think we really have any idea whether Marvin Lewis is a great coach or not. Not as long as the organization gives him so many thugs on the roster. I have seen several cancer doctors, who are really bright, caring and competent doctors. They haven't cured cancer.

Football is a game that when all else is relatively equal, is won by the better team. A slightly inferior team, and sometimes vastly, can be a bunch of great athletes with great attitude and preparation. Cincy is a great example of a team with cancer in the locker room and on the field. There are tons of other examples.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Danny J on January 09, 2016, 11:00:20 pm

Don't worry about PacMan Jones. He isn't done with his actions toward Pittsburgh. He will drive up to Pittsburgh clubs and start fights and shoot guns in the air. I expect him to be arrested within the next two months but what else is new.  ;)

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 10, 2016, 08:45:32 am
The refs didn't decide this game. Idiots playing for the Bungles decided it by their actions.

Hard to argue with this, but two assistant coaches, namely Porter, from the Steelers could/should have gotten a flag.
Just one getting a flag offsets Goober Jones' flag.

That's all I'm saying.
His response to me:

Hogfaniam

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2016, 11:08:39 pm
Well maybe he should be.

A Burfict ending
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"