Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where does Chip Kelly land?

Started by HawgLife4Eva, December 29, 2015, 08:51:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Hopefully not on anyone.

Dude probably put on 100 lbs since he got to Philly.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2015, 04:12:56 pm
Hopefully not on anyone.

Cheese Steaks.....ummmm!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2015, 04:12:56 pm
Hopefully not on anyone.

Ba-da-bing!

Thank you.  I'll be here all week.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Lake City Hog

My money is on ATM. Let them get beat like a drum tonight and that vid of Sumlin staggering around will somehow go public and BOOM! ATM gets him to accept a MUCH smaller buyout or maybe even fired for cause and Kelly is an Aggie.

ATM is not at all above playing dirty to get what they want and IF Kelly would consider coming back to college ball they won't pull any punches to get him.

The big question is does Kelly want to play LSU and Alabama every year???

BPsTheMan

skip past the stupid racism accusations, and read the quotes "defending" Chip Kelly. Still not good. Not a leader of young men. Not for a second.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/08/10/eagles-players-say-chip-kelly-isnt-racist-but-rather-has-a-difficult-personality/

TomasPistola

Sumlin will be fired at halftime, so you can bet Aggie will take run at Chip.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

arlhog

I think he's going to usc.   He dominated the pac whatever at oregon, it would be even easier at so cal.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 30, 2015, 07:39:47 pm

no way bro - Kelly is an elitist jerk - no way he would fit at A&M

Lake City Hog

I have heard that Saban is the king of jerks, but he WINS. Let Kelly come in and win and ATM won't care.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 30, 2015, 07:53:07 pm
I have heard that Saban is the king of jerks, but he WINS. Let Kelly come in and win and ATM won't care.

I think to win at a high level, someone probably has to have a little bit of that attitude.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pig In The City

Cleveland is crazy if they don't pull the strings in this one.

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 30, 2015, 10:10:32 am
Texas.

They will give up 5 to 10 oil wells, and a 6 mil salary to sign Chip.

Have you seen the price of gas lately?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on December 30, 2015, 08:25:41 pm
Have you seen the price of gas lately?

Yelp....that is why Texas would give them away while they are cheap.

Texas can afford giving a few away.

ChicoHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 29, 2015, 09:21:02 pm
Thanks for the recap.  I guess I wasn't interested enough to read the article.  Still not.  I don't think he's the "mastermind" that some people view him as.  He did the same thing many before him have done, added the HUNH to the recipe, and had guys quick as a whistle at WR, RB, AND QB. 

I could see him never duplicating what he did at Oregon again.  He got out of there when there was a faint odor coming from the program which seemed to subside after he left.  Apparently, he rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way at Philly.     
100% correct.  Not a very popular or well respected person. 

Sportster365

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 30, 2015, 07:39:47 pm

A&M has never been better than they are now under Sumlin. Unless they are certain they'll snag a guy like Kelly, their better off riding this thing out.

On a flip side of things, I wouldn't mind it one bit if Jeff Long would make a play for Kelly. I'd love to see his high octane style of offense here in Razorback Country hanging near 80 on an opponent would be a lot of fun to watch. Jeff being "the man" in the world of college football right now, it be hard pressed for any coach not to give him some consideration. He should take advantage of his current position right now.

hobhog

ESPN talking heads seem to think he stays in NFL. If NFL teams want him, and apparently they do, no college can afford him..........

southarkhog06

???
Quote from: Sportster365 on December 31, 2015, 10:45:23 am
A&M has never been better than they are now under Sumlin. Unless they are certain they'll snag a guy like Kelly, their better off riding this thing out.

On a flip side of things, I wouldn't mind it one bit if Jeff Long would make a play for Kelly. I'd love to see his high octane style of offense here in Razorback Country hanging near 80 on an opponent would be a lot of fun to watch. Jeff being "the man" in the world of college football right now, it be hard pressed for any coach not to give him some consideration. He should take advantage of his current position right now.
??? ??? ???

Just........just no

870hogfan

Quote from: Sportster365 on December 31, 2015, 10:45:23 am

Dumb post. Rather have Coach B any day....

HF#1

I don't think he will go back to college football.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

scruf

I don't want Kelly near Arkansas and whether you realize it or not, neither do you.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Kelly has said explicitly that he wants to be in the NFL.

He hasn't won the NC in college, almost got it done if not for some guy named Cam, but he left a trail of investigations at Oregon. The NCAA would be following him to the bathroom...

One of the top attractions for any football coach when taking another job, at the NFL level especially, has to be: does that team have a serviceable QB?

One would think that Kelly considers Marcus Mariota a bit more than that. A team does not draft a QB with the 2nd overall pick unless they think he is a franchise QB.

Mariota showed signs of being that this season and he certainly knows Kelly's offense.

There has been talk for months of the Titans trading a draft pick or picks to Philly for the rights to Kelly after the season.

Now that the Chipster is free and clear, why would they not offer him the job?

It just tells you how badly Philly wanted rid of him for them to pull the plug before the final game and pass on a possible draft pick(s).

Kelly's massive ego and power madness likely have him burning to prove he can win a championship at the NFL level, something no college job can offer.

I don't know about a championship, but he did win 26 games in three seasons at Philly. That would be a big step up at Tennessee in a weak division.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2015, 11:13:24 am
I don't think he will go back to college football.

Probably on his way to the bank or talk to his investment advisor.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sportster365

Quote from: scruf on December 31, 2015, 11:17:09 am
I don't want Kelly near Arkansas and whether you realize it or not, neither do you.

Why would every other high profile college football program in the country with openings or potential openings give him consideration or show interest and we don't do either?  Be honest with yourself and stop feeding the propaganda machine. We're 7-17 in the SEC under Bielema 17-20 overall. We're losing a chunk of our offensive players next year along with our best position coach and recruiter. No matter who we replace at QB, RB and on the OL next season, they'll all be green. We've ran through an entirely different coaching staff literally from top to bottom in a span of 3 seasons. If you take off your cardinal colored glasses for second or two it would be clear to see there's trouble on the hill.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Sportster365 on December 31, 2015, 01:48:27 pm
Why would every other high profile college football program in the country with openings or potential openings give him consideration or show interest and we don't do either?  Be honest with yourself and stop feeding the propaganda machine. We're 7-17 in the SEC under Bielema 17-20 overall. We're losing a chunk of our offensive players next year along with our best position coach and recruiter. No matter who we replace at QB, RB and on the OL next season, they'll all be green. We've ran through an entirely different coaching staff literally from top to bottom in a span of 3 seasons. If you take off your cardinal colored glasses for second or two it would be clear to see there's trouble on the hill.

Does Hogville pay you to post some of the crap that you spew?

Buff

We can't afford to a. Fire Bert, or b. Hire Chip. Much less do both.

King Kong

Quote from: Buff on December 31, 2015, 02:15:01 pm
We can't afford to a. Fire Bret, or b. Hire Chip. Much less do both.

It would never happen. But the money wouldn't be a reason why

Buff

Quote from: King Kong on December 31, 2015, 03:25:31 pm
It would never happen. But the money wouldn't be a reason why

Agreed.  I just though money was the easiest way to explain why not.  Unless the poster had read the same economics books as Bernie Sanders.

870hogfan

Quote from: Sportster365 on December 31, 2015, 01:48:27 pm

Haha good troll attempt.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Buff on December 31, 2015, 02:15:01 pm
We can't afford to a. Fire Bret, or b. Hire Chip. Much less do both.

Aside from that, it isn't anywhere in the minds of anyone who has any influence on the direction of the Arkansas program to fire Bielema and hire someone like Kelly. Just ain't happenin. So all of you fans who hope and pray for a throw first, throw it all over the park, HUNH, go fast offense most of the time, might as well go drown your sorrows in a 6-pack of the cheapest beer you can find. And then, stay off the roads. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Wrong question.

Considering his gravitational pull and mass, the question should be, ''What will land on Chip Kelly.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Jackrabbit Hog

I honestly don't think I would want Kelly as our coach.  I think good defensive teams stop him (see Auburn in 2011) and there are normally quite a few of those in the SEC.  He was innovative at one time, but what he does is nothing special now.  In addition, by all accounts he's reclusive and not very media friendly, perhaps a lot like Petrino was in those respects.  I don't necessarily need my coach to be a Sunday School teacher, but all things considered I'd rather him not be a first class jerk.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 31, 2015, 03:54:43 pm
I honestly don't think I would want Kelly as our coach.  I think good defensive teams stop him (see Auburn in 2011) and there are normally quite a few of those in the SEC.  He was innovative at one time, but what he does is nothing special now.  In addition, by all accounts he's reclusive and not very media friendly, perhaps a lot like Petrino was in those respects.  I don't necessarily need my coach to be a Sunday School teacher, but all things considered I'd rather him not be a first class jerk.
Agreed.  He was only a HC at the school in the country with more resources than any other and he was not even a real good recruiter there.  He reminds me a lot of Petrino with even less personality.  He should stay in the NFL if someone wants him, maybe Tennessee or cleveland, and work on his inability to select players and inter-personal skills with players, coaches and the media. 

Paul

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on December 30, 2015, 06:53:56 am
^^^^^
This was my thought.  I could see them trying to work a "back room" deal and throw Gus overboard if it works out.  Great recruiting according to the rating services, and his style fits.  Would be instant title contender.
maybe this time they can keep it a secret unlike the Petrino fiasco

NuttinItUp

Ironhawg

What about this; Bama beats Clemson and claims another national championship.  With nothing left to prove, Saban rides off into the sunset and Chip Kelly is introduced as the next HC at Alabama.

passinghog

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 01, 2016, 01:18:32 pm
What about this; Bama beats Clemson and claims another national championship.  With nothing left to prove, Saban rides off into the sunset and Chip Kelly is introduced as the next HC at Alabama.

Would never happen. Ever

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 01, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Dabo Swinney will be the next HC at Alabama when Saban leaves, IMO. Kelly needs to do everything he can to displace Charlie Strong.
Go Hogs Go!

ChicoHog

LZH

Kelly hits me as the type of guy who walks past a 12 year old girl in the mall, and spins around to look at her butt. I don't care for him, & I never have.

King Kong

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 01, 2016, 02:01:23 pm
Dabo Swinney will be the next HC at Alabama when Saban leaves, IMO. Kelly needs to do everything he can to displace Charlie Strong.

I think Charlie is doing a good job of displacing himself already

Trystran

After seeing that catastrophe, Florida might consider a head coach known for putting points on the board. That was... well... expected.

jbcarol

Josh Ward ‏@Josh_Ward 20h20 hours ago

Josh Ward Retweeted Jed York

Official: Chip Kelly to the 49ers.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ChicoHog

As a 49er fan and not a Kelly fan I don't like this move.  Tough for me to root for the Niners with him as coach.  Probably good for Kaepernick. 

Oliver

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 15, 2016, 09:22:37 am
As a 49er fan and not a Kelly fan I don't like this move.  Tough for me to root for the Niners with him as coach.  Probably good for Kaepernick. 

I mean I'm not doing cartwheels over the hire BUT he's an improvement over the unqualified yes man to Trent Baalke that was our previous coach.  And who else out there really grabbed you?  I threw up in my mouth a little bit at the thought of Shanahan.  Coughlin was probably the best candidate but I'm afraid he's mailing it in these days or will be soon.  Everyone else would have been hiring somebody that was unproven as a head coach. 

Don't love it but we could have done MUCH worse

ChicoHog

Quote from: Oliver on January 15, 2016, 09:53:42 am
I mean I'm not doing cartwheels over the hire BUT he's an improvement over the unqualified yes man to Trent Baalke that was our previous coach.  And who else out there really grabbed you?  I threw up in my mouth a little bit at the thought of Shanahan.  Coughlin was probably the best candidate but I'm afraid he's mailing it in these days or will be soon.  Everyone else would have been hiring somebody that was unproven as a head coach. 

Don't love it but we could have done MUCH worse
Can't argue with you. Balke couldn't get along with Harbaugh so i don't know how he will fare with Kelly.  The owner sided with Baalke last time so Harbaugh left.  Hope Kelly puts aside his massive sized ego for a few minutes and just coach the team and let mgmt run the rest of the show.  I'm not a Baalke fan either but there needs to be harmony between GM and coach. 

Oliver

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 15, 2016, 08:22:09 pm
Can't argue with you. Balke couldn't get along with Harbaugh so i don't know how he will fare with Kelly.  The owner sided with Baalke last time so Harbaugh left.  Hope Kelly puts aside his massive sized ego for a few minutes and just coach the team and let mgmt run the rest of the show.  I'm not a Baalke fan either but there needs to be harmony between GM and coach. 

True.  This is they key.  I'm hoping they both learned a lesson that neither is worth a damn when they have total control over everything.  It's the only way this can work.