Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opting to Kick Off in OT?

Started by HawgWild, December 28, 2015, 12:43:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

What was that about? The announcers made it seem like it was the player that messed up but today Belichick says it was his call.

http://news.yahoo.com/belichick-stands-kicking-off-start-ot-182711555--spt.html

Hogarusa

Belichik is an odd one.  I'm sure it makes sense in his world.  pats O was struggling, he thought the D could stop the Jets and have a shorter field to get the game winning FG attempt.  He should trust Brady more
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HawgWild

Yeah, Brady didn't look too happy on the sidelines. That really was a vote of no confidence in his offense.

RebelliousHog

Doesn't the NFL have a new rule that says if the 1st team with the ball scores the other has one shot to tie or win?
Or is that just if they get a field goal?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

bennyl08

Quote from: HenduHog on December 29, 2015, 07:04:23 pm
Doesn't the NFL have a new rule that says if the 1st team with the ball scores the other has one shot to tie or win?
Or is that just if they get a field goal?

If the first teams marches down and gets a td, game over.

If the first teams moves down and kicks a field goal, other teams gets one possession to try and match or beat.

After that, it is sudden death.

Essentially, they tried to incorporate the college idea of both teams get a shot since whoever wont the coin toss had an 80% chance of winning, though with the caveat of the first team can be so dominant as to get a td that the second doesn't get a chance.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse