Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Hog Zone, Jim Harris

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, October 03, 2017, 10:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Jim Harris, "Start playing Arkansas State and fill up the stadium for these games."

The host, "Jeff Long doesn't like to play in state competition."

Jim Harris, "There's an opening at Nebraska that Jeff Long needs to check in to."

Bruh
This is my non-signature signature.

Paul

lasthog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 03, 2017, 10:11:43 pm
Jim Harris, "Start playing Arkansas State and fill up the stadium for these games."

Jim Harris, "There's an opening at Nebraska that Jeff Long needs to check in to."

Bruh

Who the hell is jim harris?

Großer Kriegschwein

navyhog24

snoblind

lasthog

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 03, 2017, 11:22:45 pm
Almost equals...

Who is Robert Shields?

Hey, I was hoping it would inspire the GIF Masters to make an appearance.

jmark

play AState and keep our dollars in state
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jmark on October 03, 2017, 11:50:30 pm

Wrong and we've covered that many times.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Bruh

Maybe Jim needs to check in on the opening at the Jonesboro Sun?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: jmark on October 03, 2017, 11:50:30 pm
When malzahn was there it may have been interesting but not now.

Athog

Bruh

Stupid post!!

LRrazorback

Bruh

This. Jim nailed it! He's exactly right

Piggage

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 04, 2017, 07:41:18 am
When malzahn was there it may have been interesting but not now.

I don't know that there was ever a time when FAMU or Alcorn St. were interesting.

Großer Kriegschwein

Razorbackers

hoghiker

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 04, 2017, 08:00:37 am
This. Jim nailed it! He's exactly right
Man. That's some thinking outside the box right there. You'd think this might have been considered at some point.

jmark

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 04, 2017, 06:06:28 am
Wrong and we've covered that many times.

we may have covered it before but it should be done. 

its yet another black eye for the UA to look down upon AState, who plays other sec schools but is not allowed, not good enough, or insecurity to play the UA.

DeltaBoy

We need to play ASTATE in LR and put this dog to rest.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogtimes

I don't see why some fans are so insecure about playing Arkansas State.

RME

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 04, 2017, 08:39:38 am
I don't see why some fans are so insecure about playing Arkansas State.

I don't see why some fans are so hell-bent on playing Arkansas State.

jmark

lets hear your good reasons why the UA should not play AState, ...anybody...

RME

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 08:47:16 am
lets hear your good reasons why the UA should not play AState, ...anybody...

Guy I know in high school had to wrestle a girl at a wrestling meet.

It's a lose-lose.

You win? Congrats man, you wrestled a girl and won. (Congrats Hogs, you beat the state's stepchild.)
You lose? Dude. You just lost a wrestling match to a girl. (Hogs, you just got your ass beat by the state's stepchild.)

End scene.

Now, let's hear your "good" reasons as to why we should play the howlin' wolves of the northeast?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Piggage on October 04, 2017, 08:13:10 am
I don't know that there was ever a time when FAMU or Alcorn St. were interesting.

You know that's a false equivalency right?  If the argument were to play UAPB an FCS team that would be the right comparison.

The correct comparison would have been "I don't know if there was ever a time when Toledo, Troy, ULM, UTEP, were interesting" since they are G5 schools as is Astate."
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

311Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 08:49:12 am

It's a lose-lose.

You win? Congrats man, you wrestled a girl and won. (Congrats Hogs, you beat the state's stepchild.)
You lose? Dude. You just lost a wrestling match to a girl. (Hogs, you just got your ass beat by the state's stepchild.)

End scene.

Now, let's hear your "good" reasons as to why we should play the howlin' wolves of the northeast?

^^^ This

but que 5 pages of ASU closet fans or just fans that want to see the UofA squirm and suffer .

jmark

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 08:49:12 am

It's a lose-lose.

End scene.

your good reasons:
1. the UA is afraid they might loss to AState
2. it would be like playing our sister

jmark

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 04, 2017, 08:49:22 am
You know that's a false equivalency right?  If the argument were to play UAPB an FCS team that would be the right comparison.

The correct comparison would have been "I don't know if there was ever a time when Toledo, Troy, ULM, UTEP, were interesting" since they are G5 schools as is Astate."

false equivalency

RME

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 08:55:10 am
your good reasons:

1. Never said I was afraid we might lose. I presented all possibilities for the sake of an argument.
2. Exactly. Would you wanna play your sister?

jmark

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 08:56:19 am
1. Never said I was afraid we might lose. I presented all possibilities for the sake of an argument.
2. Exactly. Would you wanna play your sister?

okay i understand a fans perspective.   but loosing should not be a deterrent.   State plays P5 teams.

if my sister got paid $750,000, ...yes i would wrestle my sister

RME

October 04, 2017, 09:03:52 am #29 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:15:19 am by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 09:00:49 am

okay i understand a fans perspective.   but loosing should not be a deterrent.   State plays P5 teams.

Wouldn't it be more like you paying $750,000 to wrestle your sister and you recouping none of that money? You're just paying to...wrestle your sister.

This is getting weird.

jmark

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:03:52 am
Wouldn't it be more like you paying $750,000 to wrestle your sister and you getting recouping none of that money? You're just paying to...wrestle your sister.

This is getting weird.

i think its all in state money.  if fans consider AState is a little sister, as your post suggested, its the wrong analogy in my opinion.  AState is a D1 school. from our state.  keep the money in state.

MountieDawg

If you are scared of playing stAte, please remove Bama from the schedule.
SEC!

jmb1973

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 09:00:49 am

If your sister is hot I'll wrestle her for free and save you some money.

RME

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 04, 2017, 09:14:24 am
If you are scared of playing stAte, please remove Bama from the schedule.

No one is scared of playing them. There's legitimately no benefit in playing them.

I'm also not sure you understand how conferences and divisions work in regards to scheduling.

MountieDawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 08:41:23 am
I don't see why some fans are so hell-bent on playing Arkansas State.

Arkansas does not have a legitimate rival, not since Texas has it had a natural rival.  stAte would defintely be a game with emotions and Ark would win 90% of the time but the week of Florida A&M no one cares about football.  This would make for a fun week and keep money in state...  I bet you could charge Bama ticket prices and still fill it up and not have to give away 15,000 game week.
SEC!

sowmonella

That's just Jim Harris making a feeble attempt to make himself relevant.  :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 08:55:10 am
your good reasons:

I'm a little surprised you can't see the reasoning behind why UA won't play AState. There is absolutely nothing to gain for Arkansas to play AState. Zero. No matter how entertaining that game would be to watch, it would do nothing but hurt the Hogs.

Like it was mentioned before. If UA wins big, the reaction is "Meh...they were suppose to." If UA wins with a marginal victory, the reaction is "Wow...did you see how well AState played and/or how poorly UA did vs the little bro." And if the stars aligned and AState BEAT the UA, the reaction would be unbelievably bad for the Hogs.

So, please tell me why in the world the UofA would WANT to play this game?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 09:12:46 am
i think its all in state money.  if fans consider AState is a little sister, as your post suggested, its the wrong analogy in my opinion.  AState is a D1 school. from our state.  keep the money in state.

Arkansas pays NMSU a million to play, money going out of state. Nebraska pays ASU a million to play money coming into the state. Sounds like a push to me.

But under your scenario UA pays ASU a million  and it's a million out of UA coffers into ASU coffers . How does that help UA?

jmark

ricepig

Quote from: jmark on October 04, 2017, 09:12:46 am

If ASU makes more playing out of state, and Arkansas clears more paying NMSU,then more money stays in state. Arkansas isn't going to play ASU in LR unless someone pays them $3m to play there, currently we've been paying.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:16:16 am
No one is scared of playing them. There's legitimately no benefit in playing them.

I'm also not sure you understand how conferences and divisions work in regards to scheduling.
I don't understand why people can't grasp this.   I rather play 12 power 5 teams with 2 home and 2 away noncons in areas high in D1 talent.  Sure we would get beat up but maybe it would also open up recruiting.  Nothing is ever going to change unless we have a population explosion.  There is always going to be a postion group that is going to be thin in one area and good in another but never a complete team capable to compete for SECC or NC.   

ricepig

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 04, 2017, 09:18:12 am
Arkansas does not have a legitimate rival, not since Texas has it had a natural rival.  stAte would defintely be a game with emotions and Ark would win 90% of the time but the week of Florida A&M no one cares about football.  This would make for a fun week and keep money in state...  I bet you could charge Bama ticket prices and still fill it up and not have to give away 15,000 game week.
Name a game they have given 15,000 tickets away, of course, I'm speaking of the University of Arkansas, not ASU as they have......

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 04, 2017, 09:27:29 am
Arkansas pays NMSU a million to play, money going out of state. Nebraska pays ASU a million to play money coming into the state. Sounds like a push to me.

But under your scenario UA pays ASU a million  and it's a million out of UA coffers into ASU coffers . How does that help UA?

Precisely. UA pays $1 mill to play lesser teams. ASU gets payed $1 mill to play better teams. The money still goes where it would either way. This game does ABSOLUTELY nothing for UA. Would it be intriguing for fans? Absolutely. Does that mean I think it should happen? No.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JIHawg

Here's the solution.  Offer to play them in Little Rock, but the UA doesn't pay them any money.  That way, both sides get what they want.  The UA saves around a million dollars not having to pay an opponent, which covers their loss playing once a year in LR.  State gets to play UA, which is what they want.

LR peoples get a significant game every year.  Everybody wins.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2017, 08:39:33 am
We need to play ASTATE in LR and put this dog to rest.
I concur DeltaBoy...the age old reasoning behind the "not in a million years" is old.  I get the fact that if A-State wins whatever Head Hog will be lambasted to no end but it will definitely keep Arkansas money in Arkansas.  I would bet you my paycheck that the game will sell-out every time with ALL ARKANSAS FOLKS!!! 

hogmolar

This is why as a country we are so divided.  We all know that it is never going to happen, yet almost weekly someone starts a thread saying crap like this.  We are not in control of the situation and it is clear the the people who are have decided to not play an in state game.  There it is done.   Quit trying to divide people by posting this crap.  Same can be true for everything else that is going on in this country.  We as a people do not have a respect for authority.  Whether you like them or not they are in the position to make the decisions so that is that.  The best part is if you don't like it then you have the right to choose to not follow the Razorbacks, there are plenty of other teams to root for that play in state games. Or even better part of this country work to put yourself in a position to be the one making the decisions and then you can do as you please. 

The Hawg Marshal

311Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 04, 2017, 09:22:12 am
I'm a little surprised you can't see the reasoning behind why UA won't play AState. There is absolutely nothing to gain for Arkansas to play AState. Zero. No matter how entertaining that game would be to watch, it would do nothing but hurt the Hogs.

Like it was mentioned before. If UA wins big, the reaction is "Meh...they were suppose to." If UA wins with a marginal victory, the reaction is "Wow...did you see how well AState played and/or how poorly UA did vs the little bro." And if the stars aligned and AState BEAT the UA, the reaction would be unbelievably bad for the Hogs.

So, please tell me why in the world the UofA would WANT to play this game?

not only that but PAY ASU for the privilege

It amazes me how people can be on board with this and still call themselves hog fans.

Lets see i am going to engage in a lose lose situation and pay $750,000 to do it. ready go. WTH?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: JIHawg on October 04, 2017, 09:38:37 am
Here's the solution.  Offer to play them in Little Rock, but the UA doesn't pay them any money.  That way, both sides get what they want.  The UA saves around a million dollars not having to pay an opponent, which covers their loss playing once a year in LR.  State gets to play UA, which is what they want.

LR peoples get a significant game every year.  Everybody wins.
Who pays for War Memorial? Who keeps the gate an concession money? Why would UA give up a money game to play this one for basically free?

311Hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 04, 2017, 09:47:51 am
Who pays for War Memorial? Who keeps the gate an concession money? Why would UA give up a money game to play this one for basically free?

And where there are no positive outcomes for the UofA ? no matter the score, the excitement nothing would be a positive for the UofA. Only ASU has the ability to gain from this.