Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

userpick

There's a reason I mainly focus on college basketball. I knew I might've been in trouble when the line went from -7 to 6.5 right before kickoff.

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 11, 2016, 04:12:31 pm
1/11 college basketball

10-5 YTD

Fairfield +6
East Tenn State -10

1-1.

F the Alabama Defense for allowing that last second td...

The Hogfather

January 12, 2016, 08:24:58 am #9602 Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:53:30 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: userpick on January 11, 2016, 11:39:22 pm
1-1.

F the Alabama Defense for allowing that last second td...

So ridiculous.  I'm done with sports betting until the NCAAB tournament starts.  This has been the worst year I have ever had and many, many, many of my losses were of this nature.  I had Oregon against Baylor.  Up 31-0 at half and lose straight-up.  I had Bama last night.  I had Wake Forest -3.5 in basketball Sunday.  They had multiple double digit leads in the 2nd half and were up 10 with 1:01 left.  North Carolina State scored 11 points in the final 47 seconds.  Wake Forest only scored 4 (4 made free throws, 3 missed free throws).  Wake wins by 3, I lose by the hook.  99-100 times I win that game.  Not this year.  It has been that way all year long.  Those are just a few I can think of recently off the top of my head.  Brutal.

userpick

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 12, 2016, 08:24:58 am
So ridiculous.  I'm done with sports betting until the NCAAB tournament starts.  This has been the worst year I have ever had and many, many, many of my losses were of this nature.  I had Oregon against Baylor.  Up 31-0 at half and lose straight-up.  I had Bama last night.  I had Wake Forest -3.5 in basketball Sunday.  They were had multiple double digit leads in the 2nd half and were up 10 with 1:01 left.  North Carolina State scored 11 points in the final 47 seconds.  Wake Forest only scored 4 (4 made free throws, 3 missed free throws).  Wake wins by 3, I lose by the hook.  99-100 times I win that game.  Not this year.  It has been that way all year long.  Those are just a few I can think of recently off the top of my head.  Brutal.

I've done really well in college Bball this year. Football is always hard for me

hogsanity

Quote from: userpick on January 12, 2016, 12:01:51 pm
I've done really well in college Bball this year. Football is always hard for me

basketball has beat the tar out of me. Lost track of how many times a team has given up a dozen garbage points late to lose what was looking to be a easy cover. OR gives up a couple run outs late to do the same.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Game went just as most of us thought.  Back door cover bit us in the ass though.  Bama clearly the better team
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 12, 2016, 01:11:05 pm
Game went just as most of us thought.  Back door cover bit us in the ass though.  Bama clearly the better team

Last night was why I rarely bet the favorite if the spread is -4 to -10. Too often they give up a late TD because their only goal is to make the other team eat clock. Hogs actually covered late against Bama on a TD that meaningless.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

campushog23

Well after that bad ending to the college football season I'm going to give CBB a shot tonight.

Maryland -1.5
Northwestern -1
Kentucky -16
Texas A&M -6
New Mexico +6

userpick

College Bball

1/12

11-6 Season to date

West Virginia +2.5
Central Michigan +1.5
New Mexico +6

onebadrubi

Kansas -2
Maryland -2
Arkansas -2 (Please D. Hannahs and Bell rain three's)

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 12, 2016, 04:55:10 pm
College Bball

1/12

11-6 Season to date

West Virginia +2.5
Central Michigan +1.5
New Mexico +6

2-1. New Mexico costs me a 3-0 night. 13-7 on the season.

userpick

January 13, 2016, 02:17:23 pm #9611 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:17:32 pm by userpick
1/13 college basketball

13-7 season to date

Georgia -4.5
UT-Martin -3

Added: San Jose State +4.5

StuartDavin

onebadrubi

husker71

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 13, 2016, 02:17:23 pm
1/13 college basketball

13-7 season to date

Georgia -4.5
UT-Martin -3

Added: San Jose State +4.5

3-0 tonight.

16-7 on the season.

onebadrubi

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 13, 2016, 07:26:12 pm
Vill -17 (b) .5
South car -4 (b) .5
Oklahoma -8

Ouch, an o'fer.  villanova let Marquette go on a 10-0 run in the last couple of minutes and OU let OSU make it a game late.

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 14, 2016, 08:19:08 am
Ouch, an o'fer.  villanova let Marquette go on a 10-0 run in the last couple of minutes and OU let OSU make it a game late.

That is the stuff that has been killing me in basketball.

WILL CLINTON

January 14, 2016, 11:46:51 am #9618 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:42:43 pm by WILL CLINTON
No idea I made this post, I was in a meeting with my adviser at UALR at the time it posted.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

userpick

1/14 college hoops

16-7 season to date

Murray State +8.5
Tennessee state -3
Charlotte +3
William and Mary -1
South Alabama +1

SPAL

User, you're having a good year so far. Welcome to the family...

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 14, 2016, 05:46:07 pm
1/14 college hoops

16-7 season to date

Murray State +8.5
Tennessee state -3
Charlotte +3
William and Mary -1
South Alabama +1

4-1 tonight. 20-8 season to date.

userpick

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 14, 2016, 06:40:26 pm

Haha, thanks. I've been a hogville member for several years and never knew we had this thread.

userpick

SPAL

userpick

1/15 college basketball

20-8 season to date

Siena -4
Akron +2.5

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 14, 2016, 06:40:26 pm

Just what we needed. We have several football "experts", so its good to have a basketball one.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

January 15, 2016, 04:48:08 pm #9628 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:03:11 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Gonna tail Userpick in ncaab and also

Evansville -5

And add the Hawks -4

userpick

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 15, 2016, 04:48:08 pm
Gonna tail Userpick in ncaab and also

Evansville -5

And add the Hawks -4

Akron let us down. My bad. I have already started for tomorrow and I have several I really like. Let's make some money this weekend.

SPAL

I hammered Evansville, went 1-1 with user and lost the Hawks.

SPAL

userpick

College basketball 1/16

21-9 season to date

Georgetown +7
Cal State Northridge -2
Charlotte +6
Portland +9.5
Oakland -2

SPAL

userpick

userpick

Quote from: userpick on January 16, 2016, 12:08:47 pm
College basketball 1/16

21-9 season to date

Georgetown +7
Cal State Northridge -2
Charlotte +6
Portland +9.5
Oakland -2

Crappy way to end the night, but 4-2 on the night. 25-11 on the season.

SPAL

2-2 on the day. Followed user for my wins, packers screwed me out of a push.

userpick

1/17 college Bball

25-11 season to date

Florida State +4
Colorado pk

SPAL

userpick

SPAL

Dude, you're killing it. I hope u don't mind me tailing, but around here, we tail the hot hand.

userpick

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on January 17, 2016, 09:50:24 pm
Dude, you're killing it. I hope u don't mind me tailing, but around here, we tail the hot hand.

Lol. It's a team effort! Hopefully we all keep making money!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: userpick on January 17, 2016, 10:02:38 pm
Lol. It's a team effort! Hopefully we all keep making money!

good to see you the other night, I think.

userpick

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 18, 2016, 08:40:43 am
good to see you the other night, I think.

It was great to see your dance moves. Glad to know you made it back alive.

userpick

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

userpick

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: userpick on January 18, 2016, 01:25:37 pm
It was great to see your dance moves. Glad to know you made it back alive.

Hotel was literally across the street. Thank goodness!

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 18, 2016, 02:25:35 pm
You gotta start sharing your stuff in here

ha, the second I start postin' picks, itll go souf--guarantee.

as we talked earlier, I am probably going to jump on TCU at +4 or better... and I am laying off Duke. been fading them all year and cashed a good money line bet on Clemson. Duke will come out hot after getting it handed to them by ND, but, I am not sure they have the depth to cover double digits. the Duke bench only contributed 2 points and 2 rebounds, they are--for all practical purposes a 6 man rotation. I also will not back the Orange bc they aren't any deeper than Duke. the final 'nail in the coffin' for me seeing that 4 of Dukes losses this year were as favs--falling short of market expectations and untrustworthy for my financial conviction.

if Cavs are -2 or better by tip, I am going to get a piece. my book has em at 3 now, so I may be sitting on the sidelines for this one.

we shall see...
You are what you tolerate.

userpick