Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recievers

Started by Dionysos25, September 09, 2017, 10:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysos25

Were the most glaring reason we lost this game IMHO. Dropped balls, bad routes, couldn't get separation. We had enough defense. O-line protected well enough. We had enough run game to run play action. (Mazza for kicker 2017!)
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

threeNout

TV COMMENTATOR:

"TCU's defense is showing zero respect for Arkansas' receivers"

that was the most glaring comment in the game to me.

Wildhog

Quote from: threeNout on September 09, 2017, 10:30:58 pm
TV COMMENTATOR:

"TCU's defense is showing zero respect for Arkansas' receivers"

that was the most glaring comment in the game to me.

The one that got me was, "Arkansas has zero players that can stress TCU's defense."
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

alohawg

The worst part, much of what's wrong isn't fixable this year.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

azhog10

We heard how fast Stewart and Jones are. Didn't see them attempt to really stretch the field down the sideline at all.

Not that it would matter bc Allen couldn't throw it in the ocean if sitting on the shore.

HogNiner12

And all we heard all off-season was how good the receivers were!!

jgphillips3

Allen was still under pressure and the receivers couldn't get separation.  Lots of fail to go around.

KlubhouseKonnected

Receivers are not running good routes or separating and I suspect Allen is already concealing an injury to his ribs or shoulder. He is under throwing badly and carrying himself like he his right side is already effed.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

phadedhawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 09, 2017, 10:40:52 pm
Receivers are not running good routes or separating and I suspect Allen is already concealing an injury to his ribs or shoulder. He is under throwing badly and carrying himself like he his right side is already effed.

He took a heck of a shot going out of bound today.  Wouldn't surprise me the slightest if he cracked something on that lick.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: azhog10 on September 09, 2017, 10:36:34 pm
We heard how fast Stewart and Jones are. Didn't see them attempt to really stretch the field down the sideline at all.

Not that it would matter bc Allen couldn't throw it in the ocean if sitting on the shore.

Actually, we heard that if Stewart, Pettway, and Jones didn't step up that the new guys were going to take their spots. Jackson, Barnes, Warren, and Nance got more pub during fall camp.

lakecityhog

What happened to Cross? Seems we heard a lot about him in the spring.

ND

September 09, 2017, 10:52:58 pm #11 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:17:16 pm by ND
Young receiver corps, bad routes, with inconsistent pass protection.  TCU's 4-2-5 defensive scheme, with DBs flying in on mis-directed blitzes didn't help matters.

N   

TheEnemy

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 09, 2017, 10:49:59 pm
What happened to Cross? Seems we heard a lot about him in the spring.

Injury.  Ankle maybe....can't remember what they said it was.

TheEnemy

They are bad!

Good news I think it is more just inexperience and none of them are in-sync with Allen.

Hopefully a couple can step up and they get better.

Looking and Mizzou, Ole Miss, and A&M....we still got some potential W's on the schedule.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: HogNiner12 on September 09, 2017, 10:37:32 pm
And all we heard all off-season was how good the receivers were!!

No we did not.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski