Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uaspiderman

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 11, 2012, 09:48:05 pm
Jesus Christ

He took off a while back to be offensive coordinator for Heaven's football team.
Then Alabama may not be favored anymore.

PokesPiggiesSooners

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on October 11, 2012, 09:47:17 pm
Go look at the previous hires that other SEC schools have made.
Bama-Saban
Arkansas- Petrino (not going to count JLS)
LSU-Miles (wasn't that proven at OSU)
Auburn- Chizik(LOL)
Georgia- Richt (didn't do crap before Georgia hired him)
Ole Piss- Freeze box (one good year at Arkansas State)
Miss State- Mullen (OC Florida)
Tennessee- Doolaid (came from La. Tech)
Mizzou-Pinkie(Did decent at Toledo for 10 years I think)
Florida-Muschamp(DC Texas)
A&M-Sumlin(good success at Houston)
Kentucky-LOL
South Carolina- Spurier (has been good past 2-3 years)
Vandy-Franklin (OC Maryland)

Notice that hiring a big time head coach doesn't happen very often, even in this league. Being realistic, not a debbie downer.

Very good point, both Chris Peterson and Bob Stoops had no prior D-1 college head coaching experience prior to being hired at Boise and Oklahoma respectively.

jbcarol

In April a sports writer for the Chattanooga paper laid his money down attended the Tennessee Coaches Clinic. Same paper revealed how much the high school coaches hated Dooley due to his lack of connection to their programs.  The writer wanted to hear Jon Gruden.  In what he thought was a closed environment, the Monday Night Football analyst dropped a comment in jest about John Daly wanting him to take the Arkansas job. 

It was the only comment Jon Gruden made in that direction that went public.

It was a joke.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SixtySecondsOfPitino

Quote from: jbcarol on December 04, 2012, 05:49:32 pm
In April a sports writer for the Chattanooga paper laid his money down attended the Tennessee Coaches Clinic. Same paper revealed how much the high school coaches hated Dooley due to his lack of connection to their programs.  The writer wanted to hear Jon Gruden.  In what he thought was a closed environment, the Monday Night Football analyst dropped a comment in jest about John Daly wanting him to take the Arkansas job. 

It was the only comment Jon Gruden made in that direction that went public.

It was a joke.

Jesus, that's what all this was about?!  Haha.  Wow.

PorkSoda

so does this mean we get Gruden as our QB coach?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

OtterHog

axedawg

LMAO!!!  "Just like the rest of us, baby!!" 

cdhogfan

TomballHog

Thats funny right there.  Good find.

99toLife

Good stuff...  So glad no more Grude on here..

OtterHog

That pretty much covers 95% of Arkansas, Tennessee, and Auburn fans the past couple weeks.

As far as the "smokescreen" and "sources" crap.

The Lake Lizzard

And here's part 2. Not as good as the first one, but still good.

http://www.allvolyall.com/god-bless-agrudica/

cdhogfan

ridgehog88

"so you say there's chance"    that's funny

Uncommon

That was a solid 5:18 of laughter for me.

GlassofSwine

hawgwash

Calling All Hogs

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

scootman

I honestly expected this thread to be a TN homer tryi.g to convince us it was happening. lol. I was pleasantly surprised. Did you catch where the guy says "no, no, that's just smoke from the hill?" A little slip but hillarious nonetheless.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

Danny J

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

ChemEHawg

Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Nosboar Accubond

1500... Saved for a grude post

hawgwash

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgwash on December 06, 2012, 07:12:44 pm
SIAP.  I haven't seen it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovrPXMm3LQ
Totally hilarious and clever even for a Vol. We can laugh now 'cause I can well imagine a bunch of us on this side of the Muddy were pretty much doing the same thing.

Danny J

At the 4:10 mark..."I AIN'T GONNA BELIEVE IT UNTIL HE OR HIS AGENT SAY OTHERWISE"

Very next sentence..."His agent said what?"

footballnut

I'm a TN fan and this is truly the life we are living right now....I thought it was great....loved Hey Grude too. BTW, I think/hope you guys scored a good one...don't really know alot about him...all I can say is... at least it's not Butch Jones who we are apparently after now....one of only a few who Dooley beat...YAY us!

zxbeer

with liberty and ass whippins for all
UA Class of 90

MDH

Quote from: zxbeer on December 06, 2012, 07:38:53 pm
with liberty and ass whippins for all

ESPECIALLY YOU SABAN, YOU SUMBICH.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

mckinneyhog5

LMAO!! Did Duckman become a Tenner fan?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Danny J

MDH

Quote from: 4me2know on December 06, 2012, 08:29:22 pm
thats what we sounded like

And that makes it more funny.  You replace Gruden with Petersen and it was CSR last week.

zxbeer

Quote from: earshot on December 06, 2012, 11:43:25 am
This is freaking Gold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WovrPXMm3LQ
Showed this at work and all you would have to do is change the flag to a razorback one and would fit a number of people here perfectly.
UA Class of 90

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

WizardofhOgZ

Hawg Balling

inb4someonecallsGrudena"QBexpert"

Uncommon

Quote from: RazorWild on March 18, 2013, 03:11:53 pm
When
First episode doesn't air until April 4.  I believe the first episode will be with Manti Te'o.  This year, for some reason, they're doing non-QBs as well.
Tyler Wilson's episode premiere will be on Thursday April 11 at 4 p.m. on ESPNU.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on March 18, 2013, 03:15:03 pm
First episode doesn't air until April 4.  I believe the first episode will be with Manti Te'o.  This year, for some reason, they're doing non-QBs as well.

I'd love hear Gruden's thoughts and questions on the girlfriend situation, but I doubt ESPN allows him to ask about it after the controversy surrounding NFL teams asking about his orientation at the combine.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on March 18, 2013, 03:15:03 pm

Only non-QB's with non-existent girlfriends. 

Te'o is the only non-QB, I believe.  Here is a video clip of Gruden discussing that interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN0iBgfwq_E

Cure

You know this means Gruden's the next coach.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Uncommon

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 18, 2013, 03:18:02 pm
Only non-QB's with non-existent girlfriends. 

Te'o is the only non-QB, I believe.
Nope.  Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel and South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will also be on Gruden's show.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on March 18, 2013, 03:23:16 pm
Nope.  Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel and South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will also be on Gruden's show.

I stand corrected.

By the way, this episode will air for the first time on Thursday, April 11th at 4 PM Central (ESPNU).  It will be re-broadcast several times between then and the NFL Draft.