Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas continues to destroy their program

Started by BPsTheMan, April 28, 2016, 08:20:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Dallas needed a shut down corner or a QB not another RB.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogarusa

This thread is looking good after 5 games.  Went to the game vs Bengals.
Zeke is actually exceeding expectations so far. Coaching staff was scared game 1, gaining more confidence with the 2 rookies every week
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hoglady

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 11, 2016, 12:41:39 pm
This thread is looking good after 5 games.  Went to the game vs Bengals.
Zeke is actually exceeding expectations so far. Coaching staff was scared game 1, gaining more confidence with the 2 rookies every week

The 2 rookies are making Jerry Jones' draft day look stellar.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Biggus Piggus

BPsTheMan was and always will be an idiot. Elliott was a great draft pick. He has 546 yards, 5.0 per carry, and five touchdowns.

McFadden averaged 5 yards a carry two times in his career - 2010-11, when he played a total of 20 of the Raiders' 32 games. He was fun to watch those years, when he could get on the field.
[CENSORED]!

hoglady

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 11, 2016, 01:12:29 pm
BPsTheMan was and always will be an idiot. Elliott was a great draft pick. He has 546 yards, 5.0 per carry, and five touchdowns.

McFadden averaged 5 yards a carry two times in his career - 2010-11, when he played a total of 20 of the Raiders' 32 games. He was fun to watch those years, when he could get on the field.

Where Jones seems intent on messing up this year is plugging Romo back in to the QB spot.
The Dallas offense is clicking on all cyclinders - Dak is making every play asked of him.
Why screw that up?
Why take a chance on messing up that chemistry when you aren't forced, too?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hoglady on October 11, 2016, 01:17:34 pm
Where Jones seems intent on messing up this year is plugging Romo back in to the QB spot.
The Dallas offense is clicking on all cyclinders - Dak is making every play asked of him.
Why screw that up?
Why take a chance on messing up that chemistry when you aren't forced, too?

Cause Jerry thinks he knows more than  anybody in the NFL.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

TomasPistola

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Boys this year. I do think that any serviceable RB could run through some of those holes - but Dak has been extremely impressive. That might be the future right there.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

husker71

my gosh is this a thread for the ages    1st Ezekiel Elliot was a wasted pick and the key to the season is to keep Romo healthy.   And you know something back in April I felt the same way lol.

hoglady

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 11, 2016, 02:31:20 pm
Cause Jerry thinks he knows more than  anybody in the NFL.

At this point, Jerry looks like a freakin genius with the Elliot and Dak picks.
Can't imagine why he wants to be the goat if bringing Romo back screws up the team.

hoglady

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 17, 2016, 09:40:27 pm
I'm sure Jerry took credit for the picks - did he actually have the original idea though? 

Everything I read indicated he was really taken with Elliot - not sure about the Dak pick / but at the time it sure seemed like the Elliot pick was all Jerry Jones.

goodguytex

I love threads like this when the Cowboys are 6-1? 5-1?

hoglady

Sounds like he's going to screw up his whole locker room - with this non decision.
Gonna have players taking sides.
Stand up and say Dak is our starting QB.
If he gets hurt or doesn't play well we have complete confidence in Romo to take over.
That's it - end of story.

riccoar

All I know is in that Philly game, if Romo is back there, it's not even close.  He would have been sacked 5-6 times.

hoglady

I guess Jones thinks he owes Romo something.
I don't understand it - Romo's had plenty of opportunities to shine over the years.
Jones owes it to the team to leave them alone unless or until there's a reason to make a change.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2016, 04:17:02 pm
I guess Jones thinks he owes Romo something.
I don't understand it - Romo's had plenty of opportunities to shine over the years.
Jones owes it to the team to leave them alone unless or until there's a reason to make a change.

Ask and ye shall receive.  Jones comes out and says Prescott will remain the starter and Romo will be the back up now that Romo's going to be on the active list again.

Bashing Jerrah is a popular - and 99% of the time justified - exercise, but I've sensed that the last 2-3 drafts he has started deferring much more to Stephen.  Word around the NFL is that Stephen is much better at talent evaluation than many GM's, especially his dad.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Biggus Piggus

Dallas is a pretty well-built football team right now.
[CENSORED]!

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 14, 2016, 01:32:51 pm
Ask and ye shall receive.  Jones comes out and says Prescott will remain the starter and Romo will be the back up now that Romo's going to be on the active list again.

Bashing Jerrah is a popular - and 99% of the time justified - exercise, but I've sensed that the last 2-3 drafts he has started deferring much more to Stephen.  Word around the NFL is that Stephen is much better at talent evaluation than many GM's, especially his dad.

Someone did good - Zeke and Dak draft picks are looking pretty good about now.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoglady on November 15, 2016, 10:05:54 am
Someone did good - Zeke and Dak draft picks are looking pretty good about now.

Yeah. Which one gets rookie of the year? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoglady

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 15, 2016, 05:10:21 pm
Yeah. Which one gets rookie of the year? 

Hard to say - probably Dak because playing QB in the NFL is a lot harder than playing RB.
But I do think Zeke may be a generational back if he stays healthy - chance to put his name up with the best of the best in NFL history.

McKdaddy

Zeke is in the MVP conversation, thus I can't imagine ROY going to somebody else.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Biggus Piggus

I wish BPsTheMan would come back and give us more knowledge like the OP.
[CENSORED]!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: BPsTheMan on April 28, 2016, 09:28:02 pm

Here's my outside of Dallas take..

Jerry Jones is Steve Bartman 20 years in a row

Guess the Cubbies changed that this year......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy