Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atlanta Area Hog Fans

Started by Illinihog, September 01, 2008, 07:47:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinihog

Anyone going out to watch the game Saturday Night?  I'd be insterested meeting a group out that is NE of Atl up 85.  I live OTP.  Didn't know if we had anyone in the Duluth,Suwanee, Buford area on here.

ehogfan08

I live in Snellville and i'm going to school in Atlanta. I know that there's an Atlanta alumni association and that they have meet-ups quite often.

EternalSunshine

September 01, 2008, 08:59:05 pm #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:00:39 pm by EternalSunshine
Just moved to ATL in April and was hoping to find some fellow hog fans to watch with also...I live in the Buckhead area, there's a cool sportsbar called Dantannas next to Lenox Mall I've been going to some. I know some of the folks at the bar and could see if we could get an area to watch the hogs. I'll report back.

razorback44

Quote from: EternalSunshine on September 01, 2008, 08:59:05 pm
Just moved to ATL in April and was hoping to find some fellow hog fans to watch with also...I live in the Buckhead area, there's a cool sportsbar called Dantannas next to Lenox Mall I've been going to some. I know some of the folks at the bar and could see if we could get an area to watch the hogs. I'll report back.

The Atlanta Alumni group is having a watch party at Dantanas already for the Texas game.  I know that much for sure.  Does anyone know of a bar that will be willing to purchase the ULM game?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

TomasPistola

I live in Dacula which is just east of Atlanta. I'd be more than happy to join other Hog fans for games. Please keep me posted on this!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

EternalSunshine

Quote from: razorback44 on September 01, 2008, 09:22:38 pm
The Atlanta Alumni group is having a watch party at Dantanas already for the Texas game.  I know that much for sure.  Does anyone know of a bar that will be willing to purchase the ULM game?
From what I understand the game is on ESPN Gameplan so any bar that has the gameplan will have it...I'm pretty sure Dantannas has it.

One question about the Texas game, I know that Ga. Tech and Georgia both play on TV at the same time as the Arkansas/Texas game. Ga. Tech is on ABC also, split broadcast I guess. Is Dantannas going to give up some TV's to Arkansas with both the Georgia teams playing at the same time?? Just wondering, if you could find out more information about the Texas watch party plans that would be great.

razorback44

Quote from: EternalSunshine on September 01, 2008, 10:05:35 pm
From what I understand the game is on ESPN Gameplan so any bar that has the gameplan will have it...I'm pretty sure Dantannas has it.

One question about the Texas game, I know that Ga. Tech and Georgia both play on TV at the same time as the Arkansas/Texas game. Ga. Tech is on ABC also, split broadcast I guess. Is Dantannas going to give up some TV's to Arkansas with both the Georgia teams playing at the same time?? Just wondering, if you could find out more information about the Texas watch party plans that would be great.

I'm not sure what the plans are for the game.  It apparently was a last minute switch to Dantanas.  They had planned on having all the watch parties at the Lindbergh Taco Mac but that got cancelled by Taco Mac so they switched to Dantanas.  PM me your email address and I will send you the email that the Alumni Group sent out in regards to the Texas game.

NuttinItUp

Also, there is a facebook group for Arkansas Alumni living in Atlanta. They post all the events they have in the "upcoming events" area on the side:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10141202959

Might be a good group to join if you are on Facebook and in the ATL.

NuttinItUp

TomasPistola

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 01, 2008, 11:11:47 pm
Also, there is a facebook group for Arkansas Alumni living in Atlanta. They post all the events they have in the "upcoming events" area on the side:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10141202959

Might be a good group to join if you are on Facebook and in the ATL.

I'm not alumni though...does that matter as far as these gatherings are concerned?
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 02, 2008, 12:53:35 am
I'm not alumni though...does that matter as far as these gatherings are concerned?
Naw, there are some people that come to the watch parties and stuff that aren't alumni. As long as you are a Hog fan, no one is gonna care.

ATLHogcallin

razorback44

Quote from: EternalSunshine on September 01, 2008, 10:05:35 pm

I was thinking about this last night and I would bet that they reserved that Room that is back in the hallway behind the bar.  I have seen people having private parties back there before.  That way they wouldn't have to change any of the main tv's from the Georgia games. 

I could just as easily be wrong though.

Illinihog

Dantannas is pretty cool.  My only problem is on Saturdays with work I drive downtown for an hour then have to drive back out of the city to drop the people I car pool with.  Night games are easier to attend.  3:30 Games are damn near impossible

Ark Alumni in Atlanta

Hi everyone - My message is to confirm the watch party for the Ark-Texas game at Dantana's.  I'm on the young alumni committee and set up the party with Dantana's.  We have the back room reserved starting at game time, but will be hosting a group meeting 1 hour prior to the game.  So bring your ideas and be ready to call the hogs. 

Please note that Dantana's will only be used for the Texas game.  Taco Mac fell through.  My apologies.  If you have any suggestions of locations inside the perimeter, then we'll have a better chance for higher attendance numbers, since more young alumni live within the perimeter but are not likely to travel OTP.  The LSU game is typically hosted by the Chapter president at his house in Cumming, GA. 

As someone already pointed, out, we do have a Facebook group that highlights all of the upcoming events.  I encourage you to join.  The group is called, "Arkansas Alumni in Atlanta". 

I look forward to seeing you there.  If you have questions, please contact the chapter president, or the Ark Alumni Association.

Go Hogs,

"Arkansas Alumni in Atlanta"

razorback44

Quote from: Ark Alumni in Atlanta on September 02, 2008, 05:11:23 pm
Hi everyone - My message is to confirm the watch party for the Ark-Texas game at Dantana's.  I'm on the young alumni committee and set up the party with Dantana's.  We have the back room reserved starting at game time, but will be hosting a group meeting 1 hour prior to the game.  So bring your ideas and be ready to call the hogs. 

Please note that Dantana's will only be used for the Texas game.  Taco Mac fell through.  My apologies.  If you have any suggestions of locations inside the perimeter, then we'll have a better chance for higher attendance numbers, since more young alumni live within the perimeter but are not likely to travel OTP.  The LSU game is typically hosted by the Chapter president at his house in Cumming, GA. 

As someone already pointed, out, we do have a Facebook group that highlights all of the upcoming events.  I encourage you to join.  The group is called, "Arkansas Alumni in Atlanta". 

I look forward to seeing you there.  If you have questions, please contact the chapter president, or the Ark Alumni Association.

Go Hogs,

"Arkansas Alumni in Atlanta"

Thanks for the update.  I agree OTP is definitely a no go for me when it comes to drinking related activities.  What places have you tried to set this up with so far?  I know most of the Jock and Jills are already staked out by other schools.  I doubt the new Taco Mac in midtown would help a group of Razorbacks out either. 

I will try to think of some of the places I have been ITP that aren't already claimed but if it has to be OTP I would suggest the Taco Mac in Dunwoody.  It is right next to the MARTA exit for Dunwoody.  I have ridden up there to drink a couple of times and it wasn't to bad of a trip.

Rhyno_Hawg

I also live in the altanta area, well north of atlanta. (Canton Ga)

There used to be watch parties at the Jocks and Jills Downtown near Phillips arena. Now I usually stay home for the games because it is about a 45 min drive down there for me.

If some one can get a bar on the northside of town I would be all for it. I wish Wild Wing Cafe in Marietta wasn't already taken, that place is awesome.

Anyway, a local magazine used to publish a list of bars and which teams they represent. I think it was Creative Loafing. If someone knows what I'm talking about, that would be a good place to start as far as finding a place that is not already taken.

Illinihog

Going ITP for the games is hard for me, unless work will get a hotel room for me.  It's happen a few times.  Only parties ITP I can make are the Night game ones, and even then it's hard to go to midtown back to Flowery Branch to come back to B'Head.  Work comes early most Sunday's for me.

cram224

I live in Buford, will try to find a bar hog fans in that area can meet, I' m going to the game in Austin however, but I think we can find a place thats in the Duluth, Buford, Suwanee and Flowery Branch area. Bars just like to have a good turn out if they commit to showing the hogs over other teams.

TomasPistola

Quote from: cram224 on September 02, 2008, 08:51:10 pm
I live in Buford, will try to find a bar hog fans in that area can meet, I' m going to the game in Austin however, but I think we can find a place thats in the Duluth, Buford, Suwanee and Flowery Branch area. Bars just like to have a good turn out if they commit to showing the hogs over other teams.

Buford is not far from me at all. I'm in Dacula. We should try to get some folks out that way since we live outside the big scary city :)
You were right.
You did a great job.

Illinihog

Hey guys in Buford there is a new bar called Triple Play..all kinds of tv's.  I'm pretty sure we could go there and get the game on, or in Suwanee there is a bar called Indigo Joes.  They'll turn it on too.  I've gone to both places to watch the Cardinals(mlb) and Hogs Hoops.  Let's try to get toghether for the game Saturday night.

EternalSunshine

Just an FYI...I talked with one of my bartender friends at Dantannas and I am going to get a table (or two) on the deck to watch Ar-La-Monroe. If anyone wants to join feel free. I am probably going to head to the bar around 5pm.

Ark Alumni in Atlanta

EternalSunshine - Sorry I missed you for the La-Monroe game.  I've been busy studying for a test.  I'll be at Dantana's for the Texas game though.  I hope you and everyone else can make it. 

We'll be having a board meeting 1 hour before the game.  Bring your ideas of how we can make the Atlanta area alumni relations better.  If you can't make it, please let us know where you'll be having a watch party so we can spread the word. 

Go Hogs,

Ark Alumni in Atlanta

NuttinItUp

bump, since the game is this weekend

NuttinItUp

Looks like the Perimeter Mall Hudson Grill is the watch party area for the Bama game, Texas Game, and probably from here on out:
http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=26307248260