Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gym Open

Started by Cotton, May 05, 2020, 09:29:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Went to the gym last night.

Only about 5 people in there but it felt good to be out of the house. That's my escape/happy place.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cotton on May 05, 2020, 09:29:40 am
Went to the gym last night.

Only about 5 people in there but it felt good to be out of the house. That's my escape/happy place.

Glad they're letting janitors back to work, Cotton.  Hope you cleaned it up good after those 5 guys left.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Cotton

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 05, 2020, 09:33:44 am
Glad they're letting janitors back to work, Cotton.  Hope you cleaned it up good after those 5 guys left.
2 of them were females.

Don't be bitter that Lonoke doesn't have gyms. I'm sure you could flip some tires at the truck stop if you want to get a work out in.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Cotton on May 05, 2020, 09:38:46 am
2 of them were females.

Don't be bitter that Lonoke doesn't have gyms. I'm sure you could flip some tires at the truck stop if you want to get a work out in.

Got Meth-houses.

Much more of a workout.
This is my non-signature signature.

Cotton

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 05, 2020, 09:52:59 am
Got Meth-houses.

Much more of a workout.
That's JRabb's top clientele!

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Quote from: Cotton on May 05, 2020, 09:57:40 am
That's JRabb's top clientele!

Don't forget me....that reminds me, I owe him my annual retainer fee....from 1998 until now....

Rev
Goats are handy...milk, cheese, mower, fertilizer, sex toy, BBQ.  They're like the swiss army knife of animals.......you can quote me on this....

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Rev. Jerry Falwell on May 05, 2020, 10:31:59 am
Don't forget me....that reminds me, I owe him my annual retainer fee....from 1998 until now....

Rev

That monopoly money you gave me in '97 don't count, so your streak is longer than you're admittin'.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 05, 2020, 03:32:38 pm
That monopoly money you gave me in '97 don't count, so your streak is longer than you're admittin'.
And it ain't over, so there's that.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 05, 2020, 04:07:06 pm
And it ain't over, so there's that.

Rev's still got a ways to go before catching you though...

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

sowmonella

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on May 05, 2020, 09:52:59 am
Got Meth-houses.

Much more of a workout.
Better weight loss I hear.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: sowmonella on May 05, 2020, 04:35:14 pm
Better weight loss I hear.
Yeah, but the side effects can be a mofo I'm told.  I'll stick to the 12oz curls.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Jackrabbit Hog

Over here in Shelby County, TN, we get to start working out again at our local Orange Theory next Monday (5/13).  But they've got all kinds of new social distancing and sanitizing practices in place.  It's going to be pretty different from before the shut down; heck, they are even saying we need to wear a mask while using the treadmill.  And they're going to take your temperature before you walk through the door.

Cotton

Night #2 in the gym was just as empty.  Maybe like 6 people total in the gym at 6pm.  Compared to normally crowds of 40+ and that's not counting the classes that are all separate.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cotton on May 06, 2020, 03:41:32 pm
Night #2 in the gym was just as empty.  Maybe like 6 people total in the gym at 6pm.  Compared to normally crowds of 40+ and that's not counting the classes that are all separate.
This is the reality.  Even when things open back up, doesn't mean people will go back to doing what they used to do. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Cotton

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 06, 2020, 03:51:54 pm
This is the reality.  Even when things open back up, doesn't mean people will go back to doing what they used to do.
I would love for it to stay this way, but I'm not naive to think that gyms can stay open with this type of model.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cotton on May 06, 2020, 03:57:21 pm
I would love for it to stay this way, but I'm not naive to think that gyms can stay open with this type of model.
the beauty of free markets, some will some wont.  those that are open will accumulate the clientele of those that close. and the industry will continue.

I'm just glad they are reopening, which will allow the free market to find the new equilibrium.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bolo

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 06, 2020, 03:37:12 pm
Over here in Shelby County, TN, we get to start working out again at our local Orange Theory next Monday (5/13).  But they've got all kinds of new social distancing and sanitizing practices in place.  It's going to be pretty different from before the shut down; heck, they are even saying we need to wear a mask while using the treadmill.  And they're going to take your temperature before you walk through the door.
where do they put the thermometer?
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

Cotton

Day #3:

I'm sore as a sumbitch. 6 weeks off the gym is kickin' my ass.

A few more brave souls showed up last night.  About 10 people total at 5:30pm.  2 good lookin' females for some extra motivation.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bolo on May 06, 2020, 04:46:41 pm
where do they put the thermometer?

In the medicine cabinet, you idget.     >:(

Cotton

10 Fitness is requiring a mask the entire time except when you are preforming an exercise.

They don't take your temperature, but they do ask you the same dumas questions every time you show up.

"Have you been out of the country in the last 14 days?" - No dumas, I was here yesterday and told you that.

Dummies.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cotton on May 07, 2020, 09:04:47 am
10 Fitness is requiring a mask the entire time except when you are preforming an exercise.

They don't take your temperature, but they do ask you the same dumas questions every time you show up.

"Have you been out of the country in the last 14 days?" - No dumas, I was here yesterday and told you that.

Dummies.

So you're lyin' in that other thread!  I'm tellin' PRJ!!     >:(

Cotton

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 07, 2020, 09:21:57 am
So you're lyin' in that other thread!  I'm tellin' PRJ!!     >:(
False. I have not left the country. I handled the business in Juarez from El Paso, which is just across the border on our soil.

You working for PRJ? I would hate for his attorney to become wrapped up in this.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cotton on May 07, 2020, 09:36:14 am
False. I have not left the country. I handled the business in Juarez from El Paso, which is just across the border on our soil.

You working for PRJ? I would hate for his attorney to become wrapped up in this.

Trust me, PRJ is just a pawn in this whole shebang.  The real puppet master who pulls all the strings tends to keep a pretty low profile in the Tavern, probably because he's got some much more important stuff going on.

I can't say who it is, but his first initial is rice and his last initial is pig.

Cotton

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 07, 2020, 12:02:02 pm
Trust me, PRJ is just a pawn in this whole shebang.  The real puppet master who pulls all the strings tends to keep a pretty low profile in the Tavern, probably because he's got some much more important stuff going on.

I can't say who it is, but his first initial is rice and his last initial is pig.
If threads keep getting deleted, we might have to bring him into this.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cotton on May 07, 2020, 12:15:02 pm
If threads keep getting deleted, we might have to bring him into this.

He's got the sway to do something about that.  He's Don Vito to Lanny's Fredo.

Cotton

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 07, 2020, 12:17:23 pm
He's got the sway to do something about that.  He's Don Vito to Lanny's Fredo.
I once saw him at dinner in Jonesboro with Jim Walton, Warren Stephens, John Tyson, Johnelle Hunt, and Wallace Fowler.   

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cotton on May 07, 2020, 12:36:32 pm
I once saw him at dinner in Jonesboro with Jim Walton, Warren Stephens, John Tyson, Johnelle Hunt, and Wallace Fowler.

He was either getting insider trading tips or buying likes.  He's known to do both.

hawgrunner

It's still over a month away for gyms to open here in California and if I have to wear mask in the long term say like 3 months to 6 months from now I'll probably drop my membership.