Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Completing the 2008 Class

Started by Eric Cartman, September 14, 2007, 05:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Cartman

Who do you see us getting to round out the 2008 class? (or who do you hope for us to get)

Mine predictions and realistic wishes:

DE David Beford (4*juco)
DT McGee (4*), Gillespie (4*), or Swanson Miller (3* juco from KS)
LB- JR Bryant (4* juco)
CB- Mitchell (4*), Grey (4* juco), or Brown(3*)
S-Melvin Williams (4* juco)
OT- Jason Donnell (3* juco) or John Williams (3* BTW in Tulsa -Felix's HS)
WR- only take one if its Joe Adams switching commitments.

so if we get one of each position above, that would be 6 (7 w/ Adams), giving us 26 or 27.

notes: JR Bryant (6'3" 220 4.5) only lists us on his list, which is promising. All those mentioned above have us on their lists.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

arkjay19

Arkansas has impact players at pretty much every position in this class except it doesn't seem like there is a big time defensive end or linebacker yet. 

Arkansas should try to fill those two slots, but other than those two positions, they should only be going after top end recruits.  I know Nutt is always reluctant to go after 5 star and 4 star, this is the perfect opportunity to throw everything possible at some valuable recruits.

Eric Cartman

we could potentially add 3-6 more 4 star recruits. wouldnt it be awesome to have anywhere between 7-10 4 star recruits in this class!

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

songofthesword

i still think we could use 1 more stud RB IMHO.. I like what we have, but if felix and dmac leave next year.. I would rather have 1 too many....

blu

Between Barnett, Smith, Wilkins, Thomas and Curtis we should come up with a pretty good tandem or rotation. The vidoes of Thomas that have been posted have been pretty impressive, evidently he's having a great SR season.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

501Ben

Devin Thomas and DeAnt is great RB duo then you throw in Shuler and we are set plus we have Michael Harris at Arkansas Baptist who is going to be a good one as well.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: 501Ben on September 15, 2007, 02:26:42 pm
Devin Thomas and DeAnt is great RB duo then you throw in Shuler and we are set plus we have Michael Harris at Arkansas Baptist who is going to be a good one as well.

Every spot that is left needs to go to a defensive player. 

1longshot

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on September 15, 2007, 10:45:39 pm
Quote from: 501Ben on September 15, 2007, 02:26:42 pm

Every spot that is left needs to go to a defensive player. 

not agreed the remaining spots in this class need to go to the best available players regardless of position or what is already recruited there with exception probably no more qb's

jackflash

I like
DL  Moore,Dorsey
Lb  Barnett, Little
CB Brown, Adams
wr Adams