Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Recruiting Guy : Top wide receiver giving UA a look

Started by Tomhog™, September 14, 2007, 09:40:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillon23

WOW!  This is great news....I think this is just what we need to really get our passing game started.  We all know that coach Nutt has been wanting to pass the ball more but we just haven't had enough good receivers to play his style of ball.  With Casey leading us next year as a senior, this kid will get a ton of balls thrown his way....Coach Lee is working on opening up the passing game and this might just be the key that we need to get this whole thing started.  WOOOOO PIGGG SOIEEEEE!!!!

www.wholehogsports.com/adg/201419

biggiepiggie

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Hollywood_HOGan45

we've been "wanting" to open up the offense for the past 7 years.

We're one of about 8 teams in the Julio JOnes sweepstakes. Once he sees our 1960s offense, there's no way we get him.

claytongray

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 14, 2007, 11:04:52 am

We're one of about 8 teams in the Julio JOnes sweepstakes. Once he sees our 1960s offense, there's no way we get him.

Do you really think he hasn't seen our offense already?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

We've had some nationally respected recruits at the WR position come to the UA and never amount to anything due to our overly conservative offense, coupled with the "complete lack of being able to teach and coach the passing game" coaching staff (see lack of developing QBs from above as well as numerous other threads and examples).

Heck, I'm still waiting to see what London Crawford can do.  He was very highly thought of....oh wait, he was also a little raw with tons of potential.  THAT'S why I haven't really seen him yet and may never really see him.  THAT'S why Crosby Tucker is getting all the talk on here about the ability to  really do some big stuff as a WR.  Could it be because he already has been taught proper WR skills???

Gee, who knows?  <<Sarcasm>>

Lastly, why has CD seemingly regressed & it is being suspected that Nathan may take over at some point?  Oh yeah, once a QB regresses, a raw freshman actually becomes a better alternative.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Bacon The Saddle Again

If we get him on campus, who knows....He obviously loves lifting weights and weight room has won over more than one recruit.  Seems like he's good enough to be a track star as well, and I would definitely show the two great track facilities we have. 

One just has to wonder if we he isn't going to take his visits until after the season...if we were to open the offense just a little bit to where Casey is throwing is it 20-22 times a game, hitting on about 12-15 of them for around 200 yards a game, we might have all the other tangibles he's looking for.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 14, 2007, 11:04:52 am

Jones has said that he likes our offense because of the way we get the ball into the hands of our best players like McFadden, Jones, Hillis & Monk.  I believe that he is Alabama bound and have since he became interested in Arkansas months ago, but you never know.  I think the track program is the biggest thing that might bring him to the hill.  He is an All-American type track star and quite frankly could be an All-American at more than 1 position on the football field.  I will never understand why any Arkansas fan would bash a kid for considering Arkansas.  Why not just be glad we are in the running, instead of trying to wish bad upon the program.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!