Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drazen Zlovaric Commits

Started by TRUHOG718, September 13, 2007, 12:27:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUHOG718

September 13, 2007, 12:27:26 pm Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:37:27 pm by TRUHOG718
To Georgia.   

He didnt even wait until his official visit to Arkansas. Well at least I dont have to redo my wish list. I had my 6 man wish list but I had Terrico White as a backup because I thought Dequan Jones or Zlovaric were going to be a Razorback. It sucks to lose both to inferior basketball programs but the more I hear about Terrico White the more Im ok with letting the other 2 go.  Heres my wish list with visit dates included. Give em Hell Pel!

PF/SF Terrance Henry 9-29
PG Courtney Fortson 9-29
PF Keith Ramsey 9-22
C/PF Stan Simpson 9-15
WING/PG Terrico White 9-29
PG Terrance Joyner commited
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

mbgrulz

as for terrico white, a 6-5 shooter with a 42 inch verticle will work for me.

blueshog2001

Add Clarke to that list and I would be happy.

HawgG

As the article said he just fell in love with everything about the Bulldogs on his visit.That happens.

BTW it is getting old for some of guys to say every single time when a prospect commits to a school other then Arkansas, "that school is inferior."

Maybe some should think back to what happened in March and continues to happen before you carelessly throw around the inferior tag containing to other schools.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HawgG on September 13, 2007, 01:28:21 pm
As the article said he just fell in love with everything about the Bulldogs on his visit.That happens.

BTW it is getting old for some of guys to say every single time when a prospect commits to a school other then Arkansas, "that school is inferior."

Maybe some should think back to what happened in March and continues to happen before you carelessly throw around the inferior tag containing to other schools.

I cant speak of what some people say every time. But that was carelessly directed toward me,  which is OK  (I can deal with criticism) . Now my answer to you Hawg G is you used the words "Before you carelessly throw around the word inferior"  just understand I just call a spade a spade as I always have and always will and I take pride in being one of the posters on this board that provide informative discussion, knowledge of the subject matter I speak of, and facts to back up my opinion. I will agree saying every school a prospect commits to is inferior is foolish, but understand what I said was not careless but true. Care to hear my point?

Would you agree Im inferior to Michael Washington on a BBall court, would you agree Washington is inferior to Kevin Garnett, would you agree We are Inferior to North Carolina in BBall. Arkansas is one of the top 10 basketball programs of all time, so whats so hard to understand that Georgia and Miami are inferior BBall Programs to us. Theres no grey area there. He could have commited to Prarie View but that doesent change the fact every program functions at a different level, some superior to ours and others inferior. 

It seems you are stuck on the word INFERIOR. Would you have rather me said less historic or luke warm program. Well thats not TRUHOG718.  Im not down with the Stan Heath approach to speaking. Sometimes people swallow the truth without water. Some spit it back up. which are you?

BTW I still got mad love for ya HAWG G ! I just dont like being put into the category of a careless poster.

TRUHOG718

September 13, 2007, 03:38:04 pm #6 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 03:39:37 pm by TRUHOG718
Quote from: blueshog2001 on September 13, 2007, 01:27:37 pm

I knew someone would say that. i was just waiting. When I look at our prospects I see a need for another guard who can not only run the point, but the two and the three, guard all three positions and throw it down without any major dropoff.  I also understand the need for us to get depth at the bigs in this class. with only 5 scholarships I looked at who can back up who if we get everyone on my list and it came out like this.

Forston- Joyner
PB-Welsh
Patsatsia-White
Sanchez-Henry-Ramsey
Washington-Simpson

1 notice Rakestraw is not there (hes on my wait and see list)
2 now if we replace White with Clarke that leaves us with 1 true small forward/wing.
3 If we replace Ramsey with Clarke that leaves us with only 4 bigs.
4 notice clarke hasnt ben offered yet

I love Clarkes game but I would not sacrifice what we need for what we want. IMO of course.  Now you can say what if Joyner does not qualify. well that will be next spring and Clarke will have signed somewhere by then.  I wish we had 6 shcolarships available.

HawgG

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on September 13, 2007, 03:19:08 pm

I cant speak of what some people say every time. But that was carelessly directed toward me,  which is OK  (I can deal with criticism) . Now my answer to you Hawg G is you used the words "Before you carelessly throw around the word inferior"  just understand I just call a spade a spade as I always have and always will and I take pride in being one of the posters on this board that provide informative discussion, knowledge of the subject matter I speak of, and facts to back up my opinion. I will agree saying every school a prospect commits to is inferior is foolish, but understand what I said was not careless but true. Care to hear my point?

Would you agree Im inferior to Michael Washington on a BBall court, would you agree Washington is inferior to Kevin Garnett, would you agree We are Inferior to North Carolina in BBall. Arkansas is one of the top 10 basketball programs of all time, so whats so hard to understand that Georgia and Miami are inferior BBall Programs to us. Theres no grey area there. He could have commited to Prarie View but that doesent change the fact every program functions at a different level, some superior to ours and others inferior. 

It seems you are stuck on the word INFERIOR. Would you have rather me said less historic or luke warm program. Well thats not TRUHOG718.  Im not down with the Stan Heath approach to speaking. Sometimes people swallow the truth without water. Some spit it back up. which are you?
BTW I still got mad love for ya HAWG G ! I just dont like being put into the category of a careless poster.

First off you are damn good poster TRUHOG, no question about.Your knowledge on many subjects are some of the best on this board.

You made your points about INFERIOR, now let's take the word HISTORY or HISTORIC.

History is the study of the past. More precisely, history is the continuous, systematic narrative and research of past events.

The record shows Arkansas is one of the top 10 BB programs of all time, but that is due to past achievements.

The more recent Arkansas BB program(2000-present) is not viewed as a top 10 program by the prospects that made it into one in the 1st place.That's obvious with the difficulty this program has had recruiting this decade.

Take the Miami Hurricanes. FSU, ND, Penn St, and Michigan which history shows to be all-time great FB programs, well they have certainly come back to the pack haven't they.

Yes history shows Arkansas is far superior to the likes of UGA and Miami in past achievements, but recently that gap has closed up enough that a player(s) will pick a "inferior school" over Arkansas.10+ years ago that wouldn't happen.

BTW TRUHOG you asked me which one am I? Well I am .......................................... ;)

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HawgG on September 13, 2007, 04:19:58 pm
Quote from: TRUHOG718 on September 13, 2007, 03:19:08 pm

First off you are damn good poster TRUHOG, no question about.Your knowledge on many subjects are some of the best on this board.

You made your points about INFERIOR, now let's take the word HISTORY or HISTORIC.

History is the study of the past. More precisely, history is the continuous, systematic narrative and research of past events.

The record shows Arkansas is one of the top 10 BB programs of all time, but that is due to past achievements.

The more recent Arkansas BB program(2000-present) is not viewed as a top 10 program by the prospects that made it into one in the 1st place.That's obvious with the difficulty this program has had recruiting this decade.

Take the Miami Hurricanes. FSU, ND, Penn St, and Michigan which history shows to be all-time great FB programs, well they have certainly come back to the pack haven't they.

Yes history shows Arkansas is far superior to the likes of UGA and Miami in past achievements, but recently that gap has closed up enough that a player(s) will pick a "inferior school" over Arkansas.10+ years ago that wouldn't happen.

BTW TRUHOG you asked me which one am I? Well I am .......................................... ;)

Cool.  thanks for the informative response.  How do you feel about the Clarke vs White or another big man issue? I'd like to get your take on this.  I pasted what I said in response to another posters comment.

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on September 13, 2007, 03:38:04 pm

I knew someone would say that. i was just waiting. When I look at our prospects I see a need for another guard who can not only run the point, but the two and the three, guard all three positions and throw it down without any major dropoff.  I also understand the need for us to get depth at the bigs in this class. with only 5 scholarships I looked at who can back up who if we get everyone on my list and it came out like this.

Forston- Joyner
PB-Welsh
Patsatsia-White
Sanchez-Henry-Ramsey
Washington-Simpson

1 notice Rakestraw is not there (hes on my wait and see list)
2 now if we replace White with Clarke that leaves us with 1 true small forward/wing.
3 If we replace Ramsey with Clarke that leaves us with only 4 bigs.
4 notice clarke hasnt ben offered yet

I love Clarkes game but I would not sacrifice what we need for what we want. IMO of course.  Now you can say what if Joyner does not qualify. well that will be next spring and Clarke will have signed somewhere by then.  I wish we had 6 shcolarships available.

HawgG

Quote from: TRUHOG718Cool.  thanks for the informative response.  How do you feel about the Clarke vs White or another big man issue? I'd like to get your take on this.  I pasted what I said in response to another posters comment.

Well I have always had one philosophy when it comes to recruiting, get the type of players that it takes to win your conference first.

The SEC is a full of long and athletic players and as I gazed at what the rest of the league is doing that is a trend that's continuing.

I think must gets are Ramsey, Simpson, Henry, and White/Fortson.They fit the system and the league.I like Clarke and what his game is, but I worry without big bulky frontcourt players setting screens for him it will be a struggle getting off a clean look most of the time.Also he will always be a defensive liability in the SEC or a Pac-10 league.

I have 2 complaints about the list of prospects that the public sees.Where is the 6-6/6-8 swingman and where is the 6-9/6-10 230lbs+ PF and/or center that we need in this league.

I know we are suppose to run more, but most teams in the SEC are or will be committing to run more.

The_Bionic_Pig

I know after reading some new information today I feel great about Arkansas chances with Rotnie Clarke. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

claytongray

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 13, 2007, 05:21:30 pm

I know after reading some new information today I feel great about Arkansas chances with Rotnie Clarke. 

Agreed.

Razorod

Quote from: claytongray on September 14, 2007, 07:44:42 am
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 13, 2007, 05:21:30 pm

I believe Pelphrey and his system are a tremendous fit for Clarke. There will be issues with size and quickness, but Travis Ford did alright for Kentucky in Pitino's system. My guess is Pelphrey would like three guys who can hit the three consistently on the court at all times. Clarke certainly fits that bill.

Agreed.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.