Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Adams

Started by jpenrod1, September 10, 2007, 09:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpenrod1

Friday when CAC played PA, Arkansas was really throwing everything they have at Joe. the people that were there was amazing. Nutt, his assistance, D-Mac, DJ Williams(of course), Anthony Lucas, and more. i guess they could have been there for Cruz, but i am guessing they were there to show Joe how much they want him. Joe had a great game by the way. he did well on both sides of the ball, and played every skill position on offense.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: jpenrod1 on September 10, 2007, 09:44:10 pm
Friday when CAC played PA, Arkansas was really throwing everything they have at Joe. the people that were there was amazing. Nutt, his assistance, D-Mac, DJ Williams(of course), Anthony Lucas, and more. i guess they could have been there for Cruz, but i am guessing they were there to show Joe how much they want him. Joe had a great game by the way. he did well on both sides of the ball, and played every skill position on offense.

its not out of the rhelm of possibility that he could change to Arkansas with some persuasion from Dmac and crew.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

3kgthog

This is a serious question. If Joe Adams were your son and you thought he had the talent to possibly play in the NFL, would you honestly want him to play at Arkansas?

jpenrod1

At CB? yeah Arkansas would be a great place for him to play

Eric Cartman

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 10, 2007, 11:02:47 pm
This is a serious question. If Joe Adams were your son and you thought he had the talent to possibly play in the NFL, would you honestly want him to play at Arkansas?

thats a tough question. if i felt that arkansas would mold their offense around my son like they did around mcfadden and jones, then yes i would want him to go there. but if they try to do the crap with lesser runningbacks and get embarrassed, then id let him go somewhere else. I believe the offense will adapt to the players it has once Dmac is gone.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

aaron_c

A truly great player will always touch the ball, IMO.  Even if Nutt is stubborn to running only, he doesn't want to lose his job- Adams would get the ball regularly I'd bet at Arkansas.

aloha_kid

Quote from: aaron_c on September 10, 2007, 11:28:59 pm
A truly great player will always touch the ball, IMO.  Even if Nutt is stubborn to running only, he doesn't want to lose his job- Adams would get the ball regularly I'd bet at Arkansas.

Derrek Russell had a pretty good career in the Pros.  And he was a WR during the Hatfield years.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jpenrod1 on September 10, 2007, 11:13:21 pm
At CB? yeah Arkansas would be a great place for him to play
Quote from: aaron_c on September 10, 2007, 11:28:59 pm

Mute point.  Joe is a CB and that is where he will play at the next level.  He struggles offensively agaisnt solid corners with speed and athleticism.  If your team has a lack of speed Joe Adams will expose you quickly. 

Hogginitall

In a heartbeat.  He'd probably be used in the Wildhog package (did you see his stats from the PA game?).  He'd get a lot of exposure at Arkansas, just like McFadden.  Also, he wouldn't be buried behind 7 other All-Americans at USC.

lovemesomedale

not trying to prove anything wrong but Tim Horton was there and Nutt was at the Fayetteville vs Russellville game. I was at the PA vs CAC game myself and was the very first person to see Dmac walk in and was the only person that got to talk to him bc after he got pass me they had him guarded off and walked him to the other endzone.

Tomhog™

Nutt and co. are really onto the instate recruiting circuit this year.  They have only lost one and have not given up on him.  I think sometime in the future we will see a commitment switch.  I didn't think it possible a couple of weeks ago, but now I'd say the tide is changing.

1longshot

Quote from: Eric Cartman on September 10, 2007, 10:35:51 pm

its not out of the rhelm of possibility that he could change to Arkansas with some persuasion from Dmac and crew.

"code red"???

ListenHereMister

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 11, 2007, 09:18:58 am
Nutt and co. are really onto the instate recruiting circuit this year.  They have only lost one and have not given up on him.  I think sometime in the future we will see a commitment switch.  I didn't think it possible a couple of weeks ago, but now I'd say the tide is changing.

Commitment switch to Ark or from Ark??

Tomhog™

Quote from: ListenHereMister on September 11, 2007, 09:44:33 am
Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 11, 2007, 09:18:58 am

Commitment switch to Ark or from Ark??

It would be to Arkansas since he is presently committed to USC.

grayhawg

why not if he had that talent the NFL would find him at any school.

PigPusher

Yes.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

jj202020

he's a better corner than WR.  He'd play immediately at corner at UA.

Luke Duke

If he plays corner, for sure.  Even if he plays offense.  Would you be opposed to him being used much like Percy Harvin at Florida?  He get 3-4 balls thrown his way, and 4-5 carries a game.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

Hawgballz

Absol-freaking-utely, Arkansas puts DBs in the NFL and that will be his quickest & richest paying way to the NFL, IMHO.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: Eric Cartman on September 10, 2007, 10:35:51 pm

......or a new head coach.  I can't fathom why any Receiver would play for nutt, knowing only 10-12 passes a game will be thrown..and 90% will go to Runningbacks.

sauce

......or a new head coach.  I can't fathom why any Receiver would play for nutt, knowing only 10-12 passes a game will be thrown..and 90% will go to Runningbacks.
[/quote]

I would love to see where you got those stats.

tbhogfan

Absolutely.  The NFL is not guaranteed.  One hit can ruin a career.  The academics at UA are excellent, and being a former Razorback is an entree into numerous opportunities after school. 

Arkansas, over the past few years, has put several people into the early rounds of the draft.  If you play at Arkansas, you are going to be seen by the scouts.
Go Hogs!

arkjay19

Well, Adams is committed to the best program in the nation which has maybe the highest probability to go to the NFL, but when a team shows up with their head coach, your former teammate, the Heisman trophy runner-up and current front runner, and others, it really displays their interest in having you join their team.  That type of thing can make you feel pretty good about going to that school.

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: sauce on September 12, 2007, 01:24:56 pm

[/quote]

It's called reality..check it out.

LR Hog

I think the pressure is just starting to be put on this guy.  I think he will switch his commit in the end.
Like a boss.

pigs rule

Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on September 12, 2007, 03:08:48 pm

[/quote]
Uh, not really there honest Abe(?). Arkansas threw 302 passes last year. That would be about 21.57 tosses per game. Not exactly 10 or 12, huh?

You might want to check things out before posting.

Hawgballz

Quote from: pigs rule on September 12, 2007, 04:45:09 pm

Uh, not really there honest Abe(?). Arkansas threw 302 passes last year. That would be about 21.57 tosses per game. Not exactly 10 or 12, huh?

You might want to check things out before posting.
[/quote]

Some people refuse to let facts get in the way of their arguments.

japhog

Quote from: arkhog9 on September 12, 2007, 02:52:47 pm
Well, Adams is committed to the best program in the nation which has maybe the highest probability to go to the NFL, but when a team shows up with their head coach, your former teammate, the Heisman trophy runner-up and current front runner, and others, it really displays their interest in having you join their team.  That type of thing can make you feel pretty good about going to that school.

i believe Horton was there and not Nutt.  just to clarify...

Woopsie

[/quote]

He is supposed to be playing CORNER at USC so the fact that you screwed the stats up about how much we pass is irrelevant.  He isn't playing WR.  Good lord. 

Qbackinman

He should be returning punts wherever he goes. He is just awesome doing that with his quickness, speed, field vision and ability to stop, shift directions and hit full speed again in a heartbeat.

Peppa Pig

Just got this note from an OU friend:

The rumor today is that OU got a call late last night from an already committed kid, to see if they will still honor their scholarship offer and asked if he could come up for the game this weekend for an official visit.

OUfans.com is not releasing the kids name until this afternoon, but said that the kid is committed to a Top 10 school, is a 4 star or higher, and will "cause a stir" when the other school finds out.  Most people believe it's USC commit Joe Adams.

I told him I thought they were dreaming and it wasn't Joe, but I wanted to at least pass along the rumor.

jj202020

Joe is a good WR, but he is an outstanding CB.  He NEEDS to play CB wherever he goes, whether he WANTS to or not.  That's where he can make some money.

Tomhog™

Quote from: poohpig on September 14, 2007, 08:58:14 am
Just got this note from an OU friend:

The rumor today is that OU got a call late last night from an already committed kid, to see if they will still honor their scholarship offer and asked if he could come up for the game this weekend for an official visit.

OUfans.com is not releasing the kids name until this afternoon, but said that the kid is committed to a Top 10 school, is a 4 star or higher, and will “cause a stir” when the other school finds out.  Most people believe it's USC commit Joe Adams.

I told him I thought they were dreaming and it wasn't Joe, but I wanted to at least pass along the rumor.

I'll quash that rumor.  He's not going to OU.

Peppa Pig

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 14, 2007, 11:14:47 am

Just confirmed.  Joe Adams will be in Norman this weekend.

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: poohpig on September 14, 2007, 11:28:04 am
Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 14, 2007, 11:14:47 am

Just confirmed.  Joe Adams will be in Norman this weekend.

How is this a rumor? Wasn't Joe Adams supposed to take more visits after committing anyway?

the notorious P.I.G.

Yep. ESPECIALLY if he's playing DB (see Chris Houston, Ken Hamlin, Kenoy Kennedy, David Barrett, Vickel Vaughn, and formerly Batman Carroll).

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on September 14, 2007, 01:06:30 pm

Yep. ESPECIALLY if he's playing DB (see Chris Houston, Ken Hamlin, Kenoy Kennedy, David Barrett, Vickel Vaughn, and formerly Batman Carroll).

Eddie Jackson is also in the league

Peppa Pig

Well it looks like Joe cancelled his OU trip at the last minute.

That's good news.  Flipping him from USC is already difficult enough.  We sure don't need OU in there too.

Hawgballz

Quote from: poohpig on September 17, 2007, 09:58:33 am
Well it looks like Joe cancelled his OU trip at the last minute.

That's good news.  Flipping him from USC is already difficult enough.  We sure don't need OU in there too.

If he set up an OU visit at this time, I think it shows a real lack of commitment to USC.  We need him at corner this week.