Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits Performance?

Started by blu, September 08, 2007, 07:10:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blu

I live out of state, can any of you guys (or gals) that have seen some of our commits please give us an update as to how they are doing so far? It would be much appreciated.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

tophawg19

the camden fairview kids had a good nite . curtis runs tough. he had some good runs. youmgblood  made some good plays as well .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HedgeDweller

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2007/09/08/ap-state-ar/d8rh309g1.txt

No. 8 Camden Fairview 42, Fordyce 13

Saturday, September 8, 2007 12:44 AM CDT

CAMDEN, Ark. - DeAnthony Curtis ran for two touchdowns and returned a punt for another Friday night as eighth-ranked Camden Fairview defeated Fordyce 42-13.

The Cardinals (2-0) got rushing scores from Curtis on runs of 39 and 64 yards, and he finished with 125 yards on seven carries. He ran back a punt 64 yards for his third score.

Fairview's Jim Youngblood completed 10-of-19 passes for 233 yards and a touchdown and ran 6 times for 23 yards and another score. Corey Bailey caught three of Youngblood's passes for 83 yards, including a 48-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.

hawgwash

I went to the PA vs. CAC game.  Cruz Williams had a very good night, but Joe Adams was unstoppable.  The game ended in a 26-26 tie.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: hawgwash on September 08, 2007, 02:07:08 pm
I went to the PA vs. CAC game.  Cruz Williams had a very good night, but Joe Adams was unstoppable.  The game ended in a 26-26 tie.

how did cruz look compared to adams?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Michael11

Quote from: Eric Cartman on September 08, 2007, 03:48:19 pm

Total different players. Cruz is a wide reciever with good speed and size. Adams is an athelete that looks much better on D than he does O!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

blu

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 08, 2007, 12:54:19 pm
http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2007/09/08/ap-state-ar/d8rh309g1.txt

No. 8 Camden Fairview 42, Fordyce 13

Saturday, September 8, 2007 12:44 AM CDT

CAMDEN, Ark. - DeAnthony Curtis ran for two touchdowns and returned a punt for another Friday night as eighth-ranked Camden Fairview defeated Fordyce 42-13.

The Cardinals (2-0) got rushing scores from Curtis on runs of 39 and 64 yards, and he finished with 125 yards on seven carries. He ran back a punt 64 yards for his third score.

Fairview's Jim Youngblood completed 10-of-19 passes for 233 yards and a touchdown and ran 6 times for 23 yards and another score. Corey Bailey caught three of Youngblood's passes for 83 yards, including a 48-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.

How was Youngblood's accuracy and "field presence"? Did he seem confident and in control?
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

tophawg19

youngblood is ready for the hill . he will be very good by the end of this season . he is cool and collected and can make plays . this game was over early
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

arklahoman36

WR Jameel Owens caught 14 passes for 184 yds and 1 TD on Friday, while DT Stacey McGee finished the night with 15 tackles.
Through two games, against teams both ranked in the Top 5 at the time, Owens has 18 catches for 262 yards and 2TDs.

On Friday, Owens was primarily covered by Chika Madu, a D-1 CB prospect, although at times Norman North (Muskogee's opponent on Friday) used triple coverage on Owens.

A guy whose kid plays for NN, posted on an OU board that McGee was a one-man wrecking crew -- and even though NN had a 150 yard rusher, it only happened because they ran everything away from McGee, who still got his 15 tackles.

Another Normanite who attended the game and posts on an OU board, said McGee's speed was amazing.

Muskogee will play against at least two more Top 5 teams this season, including Tulsa Union next Friday, and Jenks once conference play begins.

The Roughers also play Owasso and Booker T. Washington this year, who are both currently ranked in the Top 10.
With a win over Broken Arrow on Friday and Norman North's loss to Muskogee, Owasso will likely move into the Top 5.

So Owens and McGee aren't only performing well, but doing so against highly-ranked teams in the largest classification in the state.

Both have been offered by Arkansas.

hawgwash

Cruz looked good, but I'd have to say Adams looked better.  If CAC gives him more touches they win the game.  He was a force all over the field, throwing a TD pass, catching passes, running, and blitzing.  On one play he was at RB and about 4 or 5 defenders had him stopped for a loss.  Somehow he broke free for a long TD run.  He's a stud.  Cruz looked good as well, but it was more in spurts, plus he didn't play defense like Adams did.  I also noticed he didn't hustle that much when the play clearly wasn't called for him.  PA has another wide receiver, Barlow, who looked very good.  He's about 6'6" with great hands.  He's a junior.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hawgwash on September 08, 2007, 09:00:04 pm

Cruz looked good, but I'd have to say Adams looked better.  If CAC gives him more touches they win the game.  He was a force all over the field, throwing a TD pass, catching passes, running, and blitzing.  On one play he was at RB and about 4 or 5 defenders had him stopped for a loss.  Somehow he broke free for a long TD run.  He's a stud.  Cruz looked good as well, but it was more in spurts, plus he didn't play defense like Adams did.  I also noticed he didn't hustle that much when the play clearly wasn't called for him.  PA has another wide receiver, Barlow, who looked very good.  He's about 6'6" with great hands.  He's a junior.

I have read that Barlow's dad was Michael Jordan's roommate & the team captain of the North Carolina basketball team.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Razorhog2006q

From what I saw, Cruz Williams is the better receiver and Joe Adams is the better all around athlete. Cruz was strictly a receiver, while Joe Adams played DB,RB,QB, and WR. Basically, Joe Adams was the entire CAC offense last night. PA's other WR Barlow looked good as well. Huge target with great hands.

PB Dollarway shut down Joe Adams in the first week and PA will be going up against them next week. Could be interesting to see how well Cruz Williams does against them.

jj202020

wright, jones, and gragg are lighting opponents up, and all 3 look very much as advertised.  childs has been disappointing.  size is there.  lack of speed and body control are problems.  his attitude is great for a WR.  his hands have improved.  all are very good blockers---hdn will love that.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on September 09, 2007, 10:09:52 am
wright, jones, and gragg are lighting opponents up, and all 3 look very much as advertised.  childs has been disappointing.  size is there.  lack of speed and body control are problems.  his attitude is great for a WR.  his hands have improved.  all are very good blockers---hdn will love that.

what are you talking about

bigguy551122

#1 stunna who will be the toughest team warren will play this season? and when is it?
perfection is all i expect.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jj202020 on September 09, 2007, 10:09:52 am

You said Greg Childs has a lack of body control and speed.  Greg Childs will be  more of a possession reciever at the next level but there is no way that he has a lack of body control.  He has a lot of upside and is still developing at the reciever spot.   

LA Football fan

Childs has the size but sometimes it appears he does not give total effort in making a catch.  Rarely have I seen him dive for a ball.  If it is not right on target, he seems to give up on the catch, IMO.  He can make the catch in traffic or over the middle, but again, it has to be right on target.  All Warren receivers seem to block well on the tunnel screens and flat passes.   Childs is hard to bring down after the catch though, will fight for extra yardage as will the rest of the Warren 4.  Best thing about them, is you cannot key on only 1 or 2.  All can catch the ball and hurt you w/YAC.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: bigguy551122 on September 09, 2007, 11:52:26 am
#1 stunna who will be the toughest team warren will play this season? and when is it?

dollarway week 4 at warren

jj202020

if you watch him, he is almost always out of position and has a hard time adjusting to the ball in flight.  try to watch for the difference in how he and Jay adjust to the ball----it's not close.  a former WR from Warren that played in the SEC agrees with me.

did you not see him get ran down from behind the other night?  You won't see that happen to Jay, or even Basmine.

VenturaHog

great posts guys, thanks for this!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on September 10, 2007, 02:02:19 pm
if you watch him, he is almost always out of position and has a hard time adjusting to the ball in flight.  try to watch for the difference in how he and Jay adjust to the ball----it's not close.  a former WR from Warren that played in the SEC agrees with me.

did you not see him get ran down from behind the other night?  You won't see that happen to Jay, or even Basmine.
what game were u at

blu

Yeah, thanks guys, this is what I was hoping for.

jj202020

excuse stunna's optimism.  he tends to see things thru orange colored glasses.  all the warren guys are great college prospects, but they're not perfect.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on September 11, 2007, 08:59:23 am
excuse stunna's optimism.  he tends to see things thru orange colored glasses.  all the warren guys are great college prospects, but they're not perfect.

all i asked is what game were u at dont get your panties in a wad

jj202020

son, you don't have the ability to upset me.  we're cool. I haven't missed a Jack game in 9 years.

I love you enthuisiasm, but it tends to distort your objectivity a bit.  we disagree on childs....that's fine.  I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be all-world, like you seem to think he is.

I was simply trying to give objective info to the poster who asked for it.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on September 11, 2007, 11:14:03 am
son, you don't have the ability to upset me.  we're cool. I haven't missed a Jack game in 9 years.

I love you enthuisiasm, but it tends to distort your objectivity a bit.  we disagree on childs....that's fine.  I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be all-world, like you seem to think he is.

I was simply trying to give objective info to the poster who asked for it.

i never said he was the greatest in the world, but he is worth all the hype and then some, he has the tools right now to start in fayetteville. He has the size, speed,work ethic, and the knowledge of the game to be great in the sec

blu

I appreciate both of you guys' observations. It is good to hear the different perspectives from those that have seen the players first hand.