Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia weekend recruiting visit turns into a fiasco

Started by LRCentralTiger, September 06, 2007, 10:44:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgballz

I would definitely say that Michael Bowman will be attending a college other than Georgia.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hogtusk

What did the family expect? Sounds like they were just there to see their other son play. After being invited by Georgia to the game , it just seems rude to me to root for the other team.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

oldfart

regardless of whether their son was playing for the visiting team, it seemed a little strange to wear that teams colors to a recruiting visit.  Its like the old saying, you do not insult the wine of the host.  Georgia was paying for the visit for the son, not to support the son on the visiting team. Shows a bit of lack of intelligence on part of the parents....

Dirty

Hawgballz

Quote from: oldfart on September 06, 2007, 01:16:13 pm
regardless of whether their son was playing for the visiting team, it seemed a little strange to wear that teams colors to a recruiting visit.  Its like the old saying, you do not insult the wine of the host.  Georgia was paying for the visit for the son, not to support the son on the visiting team. Shows a bit of lack of intelligence on part of the parents....

I completely disagree.  Georgia knew his brother played for OK st and Georgia invited him down for that game knowing that he would likely attend because his brother was playing.  To ask them to not support the older brother is ridiculous.  If the U of A had done this you would have been furious, but Georgia did it so it must be the parents' fault.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Happy Hogger

Fortunately that happened at Georgia and not you know where---can you imagine the length of the thread if this had happened on The Hill!

Jim Harris

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 06, 2007, 10:44:58 am
This is funny but in a way sad for the family.  >:(

http://onlineathens.com/stories/090507/football_20070905068.shtml   ;D

that's pretty much a FUBAR all the way around, including the parents who agreed to make the trip for a game in which one of their sons was playing for the opponent, which somehow I guess was lost on everyone.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Realist

I dont think a team can ever ask you to not support your son.

DriveByHogger

Quote from: oldfart on September 06, 2007, 01:16:13 pm

According to the article the visit was unofficial which means that UGa wasn't in fact paying for the visit.
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Hawgballz on September 06, 2007, 01:38:16 pm
Georgia knew his brother played for OK st and Georgia invited him down for that game knowing that he would likely attend because his brother was playing.  To ask them to not support the older brother is ridiculous.

you hit it right on the head.  why in the hell would georgia even invite him to attend if his brother is playing for the visiting team?  that's stupid
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

slopinhogs

when you are recruiting as kid ,his family should be able to wear tablecloths and no one should say anythging derogatory to them recruiting is hard enough without some Azz hole charming into it.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

BigSexyHog

Georgia...  What a bunch of arses they are.  Richt is a great guy and he sounded like the only one with a freakin clue. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 06, 2007, 11:50:11 pm
Georgia...  What a bunch of arses they are.  Richt is a great guy and he sounded like the only one with a freakin clue. 
Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 06, 2007, 10:44:58 am
This is funny but in a way sad for the family.  >:(

http://onlineathens.com/stories/090507/football_20070905068.shtml   ;D

Georgia fans are classless losers. 

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: modabusesucks on September 07, 2007, 03:03:32 pm
Who do you think the younger brother was supporting/cheering for?

yea, as I mentioned earlier, this wasn't the smartest move on georgia's part.  you're actually expecting a recruit to not cheer for flesh and blood?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

jackflash

maybe we take a look at him try harder to get here for a visit

hogsnott

I'm glad the Gamecocks laid the pecker to the Bull Dogs! ;D

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: jackflash on September 08, 2007, 05:38:41 pm
maybe we take a look at him try harder to get here for a visit

If we invite him for a visit I hope the staff makes sure he doesn't have any other brothers playing CFB.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."