Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivals released new team rankings

Started by wincrimson, September 05, 2007, 08:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wincrimson

The SEC is once again well represented.

Alabama leads the league at #6, Georgia is at #8, LSU and Arkansas are tied for #14, Auburn is at #23, and Tennessee rounds out the rankings at #25.

Last season, the SEC placed 7 teams in Rivals' NSD Top 10 list, FWIW.  Simply the best...

LINK

Arctic Hog

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 05, 2007, 08:51:33 pm

Alabama leads the league at #6, Georgia is at #8, LSU and Arkansas are tied for #14, Auburn is at #23, and Tennessee rounds out the rankings at #25.

Last season, the SEC placed 7 teams in Rivals' NSD Top 10 list, FWIW.  Simply the best...

LINK

That's deceptive.  Arkansas has the third most prospect commitments on the list.  We're going to drop when the other schools increase their number of commitments.  We're closest to Texas A & M and Virginia Tech when you consider the points AND number of commitments.  We're definitely not tied with LSU; their points equal ours with four less commitments.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Arctic Hog on September 05, 2007, 09:09:05 pm
Quote from: Wincrimson on September 05, 2007, 08:51:33 pm

LINK

That's deceptive.  Arkansas has the third most prospect commitments on the list.  We're going to drop when the other schools increase their number of commitments.  We're closest to Texas A & M and Virginia Tech when you consider the points AND number of commitments.  We're definitely not tied with LSU; their points equal ours with four less commitments.

Killjoy.

But, you make valid points. I agree with the earlier post, though: I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

returntoglory

true true, however if you look at it completely optimistically ugo okpara, marcal robinson, devin thomas and cruz williams could end up 4 stars. and i personally think that youngblood and childs will end up four stars as well. so we may have a better class than the number indicate as well

Hogstocking

September 06, 2007, 12:38:55 am #5 Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 05:09:54 am by Hogstocking
The average # of commitments in the top 25 is 16 per team.   Arkansas will drop, no question, but we wont plummet.  

LSU (although they are limited on schollies this year)....Clemson, Penn State, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Cal will unquestionably catch up with, or pass Arkansas (Florida is a lock to pass us).     Since 02 the average points the 25th ranked team finished with is around 1,200.  Arkansas could get 2 and 3 stars the rest of the way and should comfortably finish in the top 25. 

Guys like Askew (highest rated 5.6 DT in the country), Childs, Youngblood, Cruz, Thomas, Okpara etc.etc. all have an excellent opportunity to have their position rank and RR ratings increase.  I dont think this class will stay in the top 15, but looking at the legitimate teams that will pass us, their ponts and number of commitments, IMO somewhere between 18-22 is where we will end up..  It all depends on who we end up signing and who has their position and RR ratings increased.

arklahoman36

Quote from: Hogstocking on September 06, 2007, 12:38:55 am
The average # of commitments in the top 25 is 16 per team.   Arkansas will drop, no question, but we wont plummet.   

LSU (although they are limited on schollies this year)....Clemson, Penn State, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Cal will unquestionably catch up with, or pass Arkansas (Florida is a lock to pass us).     Since 02 the average points the 25th ranked team finished with is around 1,200.  Arkansas could 2 and 3 stars the rest of the way and should comfortably finish in the top 25. 

Guys like Askew (highest rated 5.6 DT in the country), Childs, Youngblood, Cruz, Thomas, Okpara etc.etc. all have an excellent opportunity to have their position rank and RR ratings increase.  I dont think this class will stay in the top 15, but looking at the legitimate teams that will pass us, their ponts and number of commitments, IMO somewhere between 18-22 is where we will end up..  It all depends on who we end up signing and who has their position and RR ratings increased.

And Pick might drop because of the injury, at least with Rivals.
They dropped the top OL in Texas from 5* to 4* because of an injury

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hogstocking on September 06, 2007, 12:38:55 am
The average # of commitments in the top 25 is 16 per team.   Arkansas will drop, no question, but we wont plummet.  

LSU (although they are limited on schollies this year)....Clemson, Penn State, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and Cal will unquestionably catch up with, or pass Arkansas (Florida is a lock to pass us).     Since 02 the average points the 25th ranked team finished with is around 1,200.  Arkansas could 2 and 3 stars the rest of the way and should comfortably finish in the top 25. 

I for one hope Arkansas drops in the rankings if it means they offer DeWayne Watts or Rodney Brown.