Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview Update..

Started by Amityvillehogger, September 01, 2007, 11:55:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Just for a eye witness account of their game on friday. 

Youngblood= Best i've seen him throwing wise in a game.  Was hitting recievers in stride all night long, but they were dropping passes. something like 12 i think.  Took a sack a few times instead of turning the ball over.  Seems like he's a smarter qb then last year. Threw the deep ball well, with tight spirals. Has deceptive speed; doesn't seem like he's moving fast but he is making people miss. Threw several balls through the kid's hands that tennesee has offered. Run's the option well with curtis alongside.  Youngblood led the game winning drive. Had a rushing touchdown also.

Curtis= lol, what can i say about curtis? Actually run through a few people last night.  Played defense also because of his athleticism.  Can flat out move, but never got in open space. Give credit to eldorado's defense, they can run too. Has great hands. If he can over come the 5'9 factor, and stay healthy, will be something special in a hog jersey. mark it down. Splits out wide alot in spread offense. Is the type of player that you watch all game long because you know somethings gonna happen. Homerun threat everytime he touches the ball. It was the curtis, youngblood show for camden fairview. No one else showed up for the offense. Offense was steady sputtering and had trouble getting going. Scored a rushing td.

Askew= A FREAKING BEAST!!!!! Was doubled teamed all night long. Shifted up and down the d-line from nose to d end. Clogging the middle all night long, and flying off the edge. Had a key batted ball on a 3rd down, and sacked the qb at the end of the game to win it.  Absolutely destroyed the qb like he was trying to run through him. If he adjusts, we'll see him early in his career. I'm excited about his potential for us. Looks like he's starting early for his hog career. Looks like he's added some weight. Made the plays for the defense when they needed it most.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

mossfan33

Thanks for the update.  I guess I'm gonna have to go watch em sometime this year.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

Hawgballz

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 02, 2007, 01:14:43 pm
look, not trying to be a hater or anything like that, but if they are "all world' shouldnt they have scored more than 14?

I don't think you bothered to read the update.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Justme

look, not trying to be a hater or anything like that, but if they are "all world' shouldnt they have scored more than 14?
It's my understanding they didn't score at all until the last quarter.  Is that true?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Justme on September 02, 2007, 03:04:45 pm
It's my understanding they didn't score at all until the last quarter.  Is that true?

If i recall correctly, i believe it was late in the 3rd.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

as stated above by someone else, read the whole update
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Wes Craven

I don't care what the update says. If you have a Division I quarterback, a Division I running back and a Division I receiver you should score more than 14 points. Fairview has a total of 6 kids with Division I offers and they barely beat a mediocre El Dorado squad. Something does not add up there.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 02, 2007, 03:18:17 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on September 02, 2007, 03:14:44 pm
I don't care what the update says. If you have a Division I quarterback, a Division I running back and a Division I receiver you should score more than 14 points. Fairview has a total of 6 kids with Division I offers and they barely beat a mediocre El Dorado squad. Something does not add up there.

LOL +1 agreed

so are we now anti camden because nutt picked their qb over tyler wilson?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 02, 2007, 04:26:45 pm
nope... ust would like to see more results... that is all

this isn't the first time that player holding a d1 offer doesn't just out right dominate in a high school game.  I'm sure that eldorado, even though it was mentioned that they're mediocre, has some guys that can run and get to the ball.  if camden doesn't have an offensive line then they're going to have trouble doing anything well (not sure if that's the case or not).  sounds like the WR's are dropping balls on youngblood left and right so that kills your plan.  you need the passing game to back the defense off of curtis, but if you get to be a one sided team then you've got problems regardless of your talent level
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 02, 2007, 05:31:09 pm

this isn't the first time that player holding a d1 offer doesn't just out right dominate in a high school game.  I'm sure that eldorado, even though it was mentioned that they're mediocre, has some guys that can run and get to the ball.  if camden doesn't have an offensive line then they're going to have trouble doing anything well (not sure if that's the case or not).  sounds like the WR's are dropping balls on youngblood left and right so that kills your plan.  you need the passing game to back the defense off of curtis, but if you get to be a one sided team then you've got problems regardless of your talent level

Bingo. I didn't see the game against El Dorado, but I did see the Pulaski Academy vs Camden Fairview game last year. Fairview's OLine couldn't get any push or make holes for Curtis. Curtis was hit at the LOS on almost every run and ended up with a long run of 7 yards. It was the same deal with Youngblood. Constant pressure on him, which forced him to scramble and throw off of his back foot more often than he would have liked.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Eric Cartman on September 02, 2007, 04:07:58 pm

LOL +1 agreed

Bingo, you got it Eric.  Wait till Warren has an off game and they will be on them too.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 02, 2007, 05:31:09 pm

this isn't the first time that player holding a d1 offer doesn't just out right dominate in a high school game. 

ex. Joe Adams last week

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Amityvillehogger

September 02, 2007, 08:38:14 pm #12 Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:43:24 pm by Amityvillehogger

ONCE AGAIN, I WILL STATE THE OBVIOUS........NO ONE ELSE ON CAMDEN FAIRVIEWS TEAM SHOWED UP TO PLAY! WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SPELL IT BETTER FOR YOU?!?

Good gosh, sorry I even tried to help some of you out that couldn't be there. I won't update anymore since some of you have to blow up every thread you post on.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

COCHISE

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 02, 2007, 08:38:14 pm

ONCE AGAIN, I WILL STATE THE OBVIOUS........NO ONE ELSE ON CAMDEN FAIRVIEWS TEAM SHOWED UP TO PLAY! WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SPELL IT BETTER FOR YOU?!?

Good gosh, sorry I even tried to help some of you out that couldn't be there. I won't update anymore since some of you have to blow up every thread you post on.
Please continue, I for one appreciate your update, I was receiving PBP via text messages which weren't very informative.

ntubjr

I also want you to keep updating us

Wu Tang Clan

September 02, 2007, 10:45:17 pm #15 Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:57:04 pm by Wu Tang Clan
Quote from: Eric Cartman on September 02, 2007, 04:07:58 pm

LOL +1 agreed

It sure seems that way.  The quality of the recruiting forum has been going down over the last month or so with people bringing up their personal issues. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 02, 2007, 08:38:14 pm

Please continue, ignore the uneducated football fan.

Tomhog™

I was at the game myself, and it did look like Youngblood and Curtis has some more rust to knock off.  Neither team could complete a pass it seemed.  However, I did like the way Jim and Curtis took over the drive that put them on top.  El Dorado couldn't stop them on that drive.  The rest of the drives, they looked a little out of sync.

I must say, El Dorado impressed me.  They will be much better this year than years past.  They gave Camden all they could handle.

Brian Christopher and Lavunce both looked sharp at the DE spot.  Very big boys that put pressure on the mobile El Dorado QB.  Lavunce had a huge sack towards the end of the game that sealed the Wildcat's fate.  If Brian shows just a little more progress, I'd be surprised if Arkansas doesn't offer.  We need at least one more DE in this class.