Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Warren 4

Started by Immensehog, August 27, 2007, 11:02:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Immensehog

Just watched them shellac Sheridan.  These are 4 incredible players.

Greg Childs had 2 TD catches, reminds me of T.O.  Tall and gifted.

Chris Gragg ran back a kickoff, was called back on a penalty.  Multiple catches.

Jarius Wright can do it all, ran the "Wildcat" formation and scored.  Very dangerous punt and kick returner.  Great hands.

Basmine Jones had multiple big plays, and I think a TD reception(they scored so fast it messed me up).

This is not a "package" deal, all 4 are incredible D-1 athletes.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 11:02:33 pm

Chris Gragg ran back a kickoff, was called back on a penalty.  Multiple catches.

Jarius Wright can do it all, ran the "Wildcat" formation and scored.  Very dangerous punt and kick returner.  Great hands.

Basmine Jones had multiple big plays, and I think a TD reception(they scored so fast it messed me up).

Raheim Alford ran back the kickoff he is a sophomre and the brother of tennessee vols athlete ricardo kemp

the quarterback was the most impressive

Immensehog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on August 27, 2007, 11:08:30 pm

Raheim Alford ran back the kickoff he is a sophomre and the brother of tennessee vols athlete ricardo kemp

My bad, I should have kept notes.  But the scoring was so fast and crazy, it was hard to keep up!

Yes, Hayden Smith will make someone a fine QB.  Only a sophomore!?!  Wow.

ntubjr

Gragg had 2 TDcatches as did Childs .Jones caught 5 for 173 and a 88 yarder for a TD.Wright had 5 for about 70 yards and ran the Wildcat for a score He also had 50 yard TD run called back  Adams in his game looked terrible on offense .He had 6 carries for 0 yards and 3 catches for 39 He could not start at WR for Warren Anyone who thinls he is No. 1 in Ark is blind.Losimg him to USC is no great loss

Jim Harris

Quote from: ntubjr on August 27, 2007, 11:38:27 pm
Gragg had 2 TDcatches as did Childs .Jones caught 5 for 173 and a 88 yarder for a TD.Wright had 5 for about 70 yards and ran the Wildcat for a score He also had 50 yard TD run called back  Adams in his game looked terrible on offense .He had 6 carries for 0 yards and 3 catches for 39 He could not start at WR for Warren Anyone who thinls he is No. 1 in Ark is blind.Losimg him to USC is no great loss

You're right. Adams looked best as a safety/defensive back. He has very nice closing speed. That's about it. He made a nice play on the pick at the end, but Arkansas did not "lose" some game-breaking type player, not in the least.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Immensehog

Adams needs to play with more intensity.

Quote from: drakehog on August 27, 2007, 11:51:39 pm

You're right. Adams looked best as a safety/defensive back. He has very nice closing speed. That's about it. He made a nice play on the pick at the end, but Arkansas did not "lose" some game-breaking type player, not in the least.

Wu Tang Clan

Joe Adams had an off night offensively but he is still a top 5 prospect in the state. 

ntubjr

It was more than an pff night.There were several HS coaches sitting near me who talked abour him not liking to be hit Sure enough he fumbled on the third and last pass he caught

COCHISE

August 28, 2007, 08:02:11 am #8 Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:10:14 am by 870 RZR
Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 11:57:39 pm
Adams needs to play with more intensity.

"Adams needs to play with more intensity"
No need to.  Adams has nothing to prove, he's already committed to the top college football program in the nation.  Why not just lie back and cruise into LA this spring injury free?.......Of course I'm being sarcastic but does anyone feel that this sometimes happens with players who commit before their senior season?

Michael11

Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 11:11:08 pm

My bad, I should have kept notes.  But the scoring was so fast and crazy, it was hard to keep up!

I agree about Smith but I sure hope he grows. He would have a near impossible time being 5'10" in a major college program!
As far as the 4 go! They are the real deal. The impressive thing is that they have 2 or 3 more seniors, 3-5 juniors and 3-5 sophomores that can play for arkansas!
Michael Thomason   Rom. 10:9/2CO.5:21

ceegar

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on August 28, 2007, 01:38:44 am

Joe Adams had an off night offensively but he is still a top 5 prospect in the state. 
Top 5 is pretty good.  I wonder how many other states he would be top 5 in.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

jkcrunch

Quote from: ceegar on August 28, 2007, 08:18:58 am

Arkansas,Montana,Wyoming,Utah,Idaho,No Dakato,So Dakato,New Mexico,Nevada, you get the drift.   After seeing him play he would not be top 50 in the DFW Metroplex.  Based on what I saw in LA when I lived there he would be in the top 150 in LA/Orange County area

RazorAg

[/quote]

I agree about Smith but I sure hope he grows. He would have a near impossible time being 5'10" in a major college program!
As far as the 4 go! They are the real deal. The impressive thing is that they have 2 or 3 more seniors, 3-5 juniors and 3-5 sophomores that can play for arkansas!
[/quote]

Could be another Cody Kirby story.

ceegar

Quote from: jkcrunch on August 28, 2007, 08:29:29 am

Arkansas,Montana,Wyoming,Utah,Idaho,No Dakato,So Dakato,New Mexico,Nevada, you get the drift.   After seeing him play he would not be top 50 in the DFW Metroplex.  Based on what I saw in LA when I lived there he would be in the top 150 in LA/Orange County area
Kind of what I thought.  I live in Florida and the talent down here is unbelievable.  Although Arkansas, where I lived for 20 years, has improved its HS talent it is still light years away from most SEC states.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hawgballz

Quote from: RazorAg on August 28, 2007, 08:42:48 am

[/quote]

Could be another Cody Kirby story.
[/quote]

Pretty accurate comparsion, if he doesn't grow.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

notreseveredname

How can you losing Adams is no big loss.  Losing any home grown recruit to a modern day powerhouse college football team is a big loss. Yeah Yeah, he is entitled to his opinion, blah blah

jj202020

it is a loss.  he would have provided some depth behind the Warren 4......soon to be the Warren 5.

Michael11

which one is the 5th from warren?

I sure hope we get the kid that plays end and reciever next year! He was a beast!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Michael11 on August 28, 2007, 09:41:21 am
which one is the 5th from warren?

I sure hope we get the kid that plays end and reciever next year! He was a beast!

yes, quin franklin #8

Michael11

But he is only a junior right?

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Michael11 on August 28, 2007, 09:45:54 am
But he is only a junior right?
yes, many say he is the #1 JR in the state, wait till you get to see him play receiver

jj202020

i was referring to Franklin next year.

gohawgsgo

Heard the sophomore QB is pretty good too!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on August 28, 2007, 11:52:06 am
i was referring to Franklin next year.

thats who im talking about

cbjagman

Quote from: Immensehog on August 27, 2007, 11:11:08 pm

Gosh, your comments concerning the scoring kind of reminded me of the situation in LA a couple of years ago when the Trojans were lighting up the scoreboard like a pinball machine. Recall the memorable "they were scoring so fast they messed us up" goodie?

jkcrunch

Quote from: ceegar on August 28, 2007, 09:02:30 am

Kind of what I thought.  I live in Florida and the talent down here is unbelievable.  Although Arkansas, where I lived for 20 years, has improved its HS talent it is still light years away from most SEC states.

Yes it has changed a bunch in even the last 5 years, but people do not want to hear it that our best would be average in other states.  If we loose an instate recruit big deal, you better nail the evaluation of the out of state, we have missed that boat a few times.  BCS champions do not build teams with Arkansas kids, ask Fulmer.    But we will get there the HS game gets better every day.

We put the Springdale 5 team in Texas and they would be very good but not cake walk to state champsionship.   I see them like I see Louisville or Rutgers great Big East teams but middle of the road SEC teams.

cardinalhawg

Justin Acri was really raving about the Warren QB this morning on the Zone.  He talked about how he would take him right now over Casey Dick, and he got ribbed pretty good by Pat Bradley and a caller, since the player is just a sophmore, the difference in the speed of the game, and the talented receivers he had to work with, etc.  Acri did talk about how the guy wasn't just throwing short passes to these guys so that they could just run with it, but that he was throwing down the field passes into tight areas.  He talked about the QB's arm strength.

I hope he isn't like me and quits growing vertically at that age.  It would be nice to see him grow another few inches, or he may have to be another Doug Flutie.

Does Warren making any trips into Central Arkansas to play this year?  I would like to see them play, or for that matter Camden.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: cardinalhawg on August 28, 2007, 04:48:16 pm
Justin Acri was really raving about the Warren QB this morning on the Zone.  He talked about how he would take him right now over Casey Dick, and he got ribbed pretty good by Pat Bradley and a caller, since the player is just a sophmore, the difference in the speed of the game, and the talented receivers he had to work with, etc.  Acri did talk about how the guy wasn't just throwing short passes to these guys so that they could just run with it, but that he was throwing down the field passes into tight areas.  He talked about the QB's arm strength.

I hope he isn't like me and quits growing vertically at that age.  It would be nice to see him grow another few inches, or he may have to be another Doug Flutie.

Does Warren making any trips into Central Arkansas to play this year?  I would like to see them play, or for that matter Camden.

late december at war memorial

jj202020

He's still growing and we're gonna hang him by his feet every night if he stops.  He only needs a little bit of experience.  The arm strength, accuracy, toughness, and smarts are there.  He's a pretty good athlete, too, and a very good kid.  He'll play somewhere on Saturdays and if we can stretch him about 3 more inches, he's D-1.

Wes Craven

Yeah, Rivals has him in the top 200 but he wouldn't be top 150 in LA. Get a life.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: jj202020 on August 29, 2007, 11:25:28 am
He's still growing and we're gonna hang him by his feet every night if he stops.  He only needs a little bit of experience.  The arm strength, accuracy, toughness, and smarts are there.  He's a pretty good athlete, too, and a very good kid.  He'll play somewhere on Saturdays and if we can stretch him about 3 more inches, he's D-1.

He could try the Bobby Brady thing during the Brady Bunch episode, where Bobby hangs from his hands in the closet trying to make himself taller.  Michael Jordan mentioned actually trying that before.

imhogwild2

many of you guys have obviously not seen Joe Adams play many games, try watching the highlight video sometime
more impressive than Wright in my oppinion
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: imhogwild2 on August 29, 2007, 09:39:33 pm
many of you guys have obviously not seen Joe Adams play many games, try watching the highlight video sometime

well, jay wright dont fold under pressure

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: imhogwild2 on August 29, 2007, 09:39:33 pm

You must be careful when observing highlight films.  Joe did not play well against teams with speed last year.  That is why he was shut out by Warren, Dollarway and at the FNL camp.  They played on the field and Jarius Wright had the better night.  I still think Joe Adams is a top 5 prospect in the state but his strength is on defense which is not on that highlight film you are watching. 

ntubjr

Wu,you are right about your observation.He will be a DB in college.Dollarway single covered him a junior DB

mrcrowley

the warren four

sounds like a 60's pop group.

mwybe we can get the brady 6 next year

Jim Harris

Quote from: ntubjr on August 30, 2007, 01:16:55 am
Wu,you are right about your observation.He will be a DB in college.Dollarway single covered him a junior DB

Excellent observation. I agree, he has outstanding closing speed, and his college future is at d-back. And Arkansas could sure use him there.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jpenrod1

if you want proof that Joe is the number one player in the state, just look at the fact that USC offered. We need him to come to ark.

Jim Harris

Quote from: jpenrod1 on September 11, 2007, 06:47:58 pm
if you want proof that Joe is the number one player in the state, just look at the fact that USC offered. We need him to come to ark.

Broderick Green was offered and signed by USC last year, but it didn't make him the best player in the state. For defensive back, though, I'd certainly say Joe Adams is the best Arkansas has produced in a long while. He has cover skills. Most Arkansas athletes have to be taught them, Roshaun Fellows at Tennessee, for instance.
Adams does not jump out at you as Shabazz-like. Jarius Wright comes closer in that way. Haven't seen Curtis of Fairview yet, but nobody who has has said he's Shabazz-like, or McFadden-like, just very good.