Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has Offered QB Mark Ginther

Started by DermottHawg, August 26, 2007, 11:46:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DermottHawg

Realist

501Ben

It has to be a baseball offer because Arkansas isn't going to take any more QBs in this class.

arkjay19

Offering two quarterbacks who have a great shot of being drafted by MLB is dangerous.  This move makes more sense.

hogfan98

why is it so difficult for people to figure out why tyler wilson doesn't have a scholarship offer?

arkjay19

Quote from: hogfan98 on August 26, 2007, 01:53:07 pm
why is it so difficult for people to figure out why tyler wilson doesn't have a scholarship offer?

Cuz posters on Hogville are conspiracy theorists and want to say that any move Nutt makes is wrong.

J Man

All the major schools have backed off of Tyler Wilson.  His Greenwood fans try and pump him up on this board, and bad talk Arkansas for not recruiting him.  Why are they not bad talking Alabama and LSU for saying no thank you.  Wilson tried to committ to LSU, and they said please don't.

arkjay19

August 26, 2007, 02:11:19 pm #7 Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:43:44 pm by arkhog9
I hope the kid does well.  But if Arkansas is doing the same thing as Alabama and LSU, how can you say they're so wrong?  Please stop trying to fault in everything HDN and his staff do.

hogfan47

Quote from: arkhog9 on August 26, 2007, 01:55:42 pm
Quote from: hogfan98 on August 26, 2007, 01:53:07 pm

Cuz posters on Hogville are conspiracy theorists and want to say that any move Nutt makes is wrong.

you just said a mouth full
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

COCHISE

ntubjr

arklahoman36

While I don't put much stock in Scout to get things in a timely manner, nowhere on the link provided in the original post does it say Ginther was offered by Arkansas.
The list on the RIvals page is schools the player is interested in, not which schools have offered.

Adam Stokes

August 26, 2007, 07:03:35 pm #12 Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:05:26 pm by ajs15razorman
Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 26, 2007, 06:42:59 pm
While I don't put much stock in Scout to get things in a timely manner, nowhere on the link provided in the original post does it say Ginther was offered by Arkansas.
The list on the RIvals page is schools the player is interested in, not which schools have offered.

You're right, I can't find anywhere that says we have offered him.  Would it have anything to do with getting Tony Gillespie?  Also if we had to use a scholarship towards the end of a year I would have no problem putting it in a place that produces D-I talent year in and year out.  Having a good pipeline in Jenks is a great.  A QB should have a better ACT than 18.

FT LNG CHILI HOG

I think the best thing to do would be to just all pull together for the TEAM and let the chips fall where they may....if we win double digits and win a bowl game and finish in the top ten....wooooooooo piiiiig.....I am thinking this will happen.

arklahoman36

Quote from: ajs15razorman on August 26, 2007, 07:03:35 pm
Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 26, 2007, 06:42:59 pm

You're right, I can't find anywhere that says we have offered him.  Would it have anything to do with getting Tony Gillespie?  Also if we had to use a scholarship towards the end of a year I would have no problem putting it in a place that produces D-I talent year in and year out.  Having a good pipeline in Jenks is a great.  A QB should have a better ACT than 18.

I couldn't see them even offering Ginther as a DB to get Gillespie, since GIllespie will probably go JUCO anyway.

1longshot

Quote from: J Man on August 26, 2007, 02:10:00 pm
All the major schools have backed off of Tyler Wilson.  His Greenwood fans try and pump him up on this board, and bad talk Arkansas for not recruiting him.  Why are they not bad talking Alabama and LSU for saying no thank you.  Wilson tried to committ to LSU, and they said please don't.

so answer this why is it that you as an individual find it necessary to attempt to degrade a player just because Arkansas didn't offer as i understand it from the news report just last night the reason that both schools pulled the offer was that Tyler didn't committ during the time table they wanted him to do so in

Hawgballz

Quote from: 1longshot on August 27, 2007, 12:47:20 pm

so answer this why is it that you as an individual find it necessary to attempt to degrade a player just because Arkansas didn't offer as i understand it from the news report just last night the reason that both schools pulled the offer was that Tyler didn't committ during the time table they wanted him to do so in

I am not sure what news report you watched last night, but he attempted to commit to LSU and Les Miles wouldn't accept because he was waiting on better prospects and then Alabama pulled their offer soon after that because they decided to go after other options.  It is not degrading a player to say colleges choose to go a different way, it is just a fact of life in college recruiting.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hogstocking

Quote from: 1longshot on August 27, 2007, 12:47:20 pm

Wilson attempted to commit to LSU over 2 months ago, shortly after his visit there.  So it's hard to imagine LSU's "timetable" scenerio being the reason.  Same with Bama, he visited Tuscaloosa in June, and was planning a return trip there until Bama went in another direction...Also, Bama and LSU presently have zero QB commits between them, so it even further buries the timetable scenerio IMO. 

Wilson isn't any less of a QB because he no longer has an offer from LSU or Bama.  Its not degrading to have offers yanked, it happens all the time (Joe Chassion immediately comes to mind.)

arklahoman36

Ginther has committed to Okie State to play baseball.

DermottHawg

According to the Rivals.com paid site, Arkansas offered him a scholarship for football.  But it is a moot point now since he has committed to Okie State.   

1longshot

the news report i was refering to was 40/29

arklahoman36

Quote from: DermottHawg on August 29, 2007, 11:20:00 am
According to the Rivals.com paid site, Arkansas offered him a scholarship for football.  But it is a moot point now since he has committed to Okie State.   

I can't believe it would be to play QB, he's good, but nothing special. I would think if they were gonna offer another QB to play QB it would be Nathan Stanley.

ntubjr

If we offered a third QB it would be Stanley

Hawgballz

Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 29, 2007, 08:16:57 pm

I can't believe it would be to play QB, he's good, but nothing special. I would think if they were gonna offer another QB to play QB it would be Nathan Stanley.

I believe the report of Ginther getting a offer to play football was mistaken, the next QB offer in line would be Stanley who has a little interest in walking on.  I believe he currently holds offer from OK St, Northwestern, Kansas St, amoung others and is being looked at hard by at least 3 other Big 12 schools.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wu Tang Clan

He was offered a baseball scholarship by Arkansas, not football. 

jackflash