Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TV coverage Saturday

Started by Moe wins, May 29, 2015, 07:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe wins

It showed that game is at 6:00.  Have they announced if the game is on SEC network or espnu?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Moe wins on May 29, 2015, 07:16:20 pm
It showed that game is at 6:00.  Have they announced if the game is on SEC network or espnu?
TV coverage will be announced after the OSU vs SJU game is finished.

Moe wins

bulldog04

I'm betting it will be online

tennesseehogwild

Yep SEC Network will prolly have LSU-? and Fla-S. Fla on for sure

SPAL

Probably ESPN3 and watch ESPN.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

tennesseehogwild

:(...yeah but it shows all those games on SECN.....no way that happens

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 29, 2015, 10:16:46 pm
:(...yeah but it shows all those games on SECN.....no way that happens
It does show today's OSU/SJU game as ESPN3/WatchESPN, but I don't know why they would put ORU/SJU on SEC Network.

vandybuff

fyi ..... Watch espn3 on your set via Chromecast with smartphone ..... or watch on the phone.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: vandybuff on May 29, 2015, 10:39:48 pm
fyi ..... Watch espn3 on your set via Chromecast with smartphone ..... or watch on the phone.
even though I completely understand the technology (ok, mostly). It still amazes me that I can do this. Also amazes me with the quality after years of Razorvision.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Birminghog

ricepig

@RazorbackBSB:Tonight's 6:05 p.m. CT first pitch against Oklahoma State will only be available on @ESPN3 and the WatchESPN App.

#BeatOKState  #OmaHogs

Danny J

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Danny J on May 30, 2015, 10:18:16 am
BOO!!!! BOO!!!!!

Its laughable that the SECN would forego a Hogs-OSU matchup in favor of probable routs by either Fla, Vandy, or LSU

dacskc

Quote from: vandybuff on May 29, 2015, 10:39:48 pm

$25 for a Chromecast was one of the better purchases I've made. I read a lot of horror stories about the quality of the picture/not working as advertised, but I've had zero problems with mine. I sound like an ad.

Iwastherein1969

i'm not paying 25 dollars to see Geneivieve Morton do a 30 minute full frontal strip tease....especially on a 4 inch screen...we'll play again, hopefully twice more
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HamIAm

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 30, 2015, 01:18:15 pm
i'm not paying 25 dollars to see Geneivieve Morton do a 30 minute full frontal strip tease....especially on a 4 inch screen...we'll play again, hopefully twice more

Suit yourself, but you don't have to watch Chromecast on a 4" screen.  Chromecast relays the signal back to your television set.  And it's not necessary to have a smart phone. You can use a wireless router and a computer connected to the router by wi-fi.  We use my wife's laptop to rebroadcast it to our HDTV via the router. 

Once you pay $25 it's yours from now on, although I think the price is up in the $35 range now. It's not like you pay $35 everytime you want to watch a game or even every year.  You can watch ball games, movies, tv series, youtube, whatever.

You make the decision on how to spend your money, but I wish I'd gotten Chromecast a long time ago.

Dr. Starcs

Simplest way for me to hook my computer up to my tv to watch tonight?

Not sure if laptop is hdmi compatible. It's probably 4 or 5 years old.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HamIAm on May 30, 2015, 01:25:14 pm
Suit yourself, but you don't have to watch Chromecast on a 4" screen.  Chromecast relays the signal back to your television set.  And it's not necessary to have a smart phone. You can use a wireless router and a computer connected to the router by wi-fi.  We use my wife's laptop to rebroadcast it to our HDTV.

Once you pay $25 it's yours from now on, although I think the price is up in the $35 range now. It's not like you pay $35 everytime you want to watch a game or even every year.  You can watch ball games, movies, tv series, youtube, whatever.

You make the decision on how to spend your money, but I wish I'd gotten Chromecast a long time ago.
thanks, I do appreciate the informaton....apologize about coming across like a horse's behind
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HamIAm

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 30, 2015, 01:29:03 pm
thanks, I do appreciate the informaton....apologize about coming across like a horse's behind

Your TV does need an HDMI port to be able to plug the Chromecast device into. It's similar to and not a lot larger than a thumb drive.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 30, 2015, 01:27:14 pm
Simplest way for me to hook my computer up to my tv to watch tonight?

Not sure if laptop is hdmi compatible. It's probably 4 or 5 years old.
If not you may have a VGA connector on your TV. Of course sound doesn't go through so you would have to connect it separately or use the sound from your laptop

dacskc

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 30, 2015, 01:42:14 pm
If not you may have a VGA connector on your TV. Of course sound doesn't go through so you would have to connect it separately or use the sound from your laptop

This is what I used to do pre-chromecast. So much easier now. My laptop didn't have an hdmi port so I had to order a 35 foot cable to to hook it up to the computer in the office. It was a PITA.

If you haven't tried it yet, you can also download Videostream from the Chrome store and view video files stored on your computer from your tv as well.

tennesseehogwild

http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/genevieve-morton-photoshoot-by-kyle-goldie_1.jpg
You sure do know how to spell Genevieve awfully well '69!!!  ;D

Danny J

I thought Directv was supposed to have the Watchespn app by now?

vandybuff

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 30, 2015, 08:16:28 am
even though I completely understand the technology (ok, mostly). It still amazes me that I can do this. Also amazes me with the quality after years of Razorvision.

Well, it seems you feel that you are enjoying a tremendous benefit for little if any cost ...and that you are experiencing a bit of guilt.  You can mail me $5 cash if it will help.   :)

Pigsear

Ok guys I'm not up on technology much at all. Does the Watch ESPN App cost anything?

vandybuff

I am not either!!!!! But thankfully I have your log-on and guessed your password ..... you really should change it to an alpha-numeric.  :)

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Pigsear on May 30, 2015, 04:10:31 pm
Ok guys I'm not up on technology much at all. Does the Watch ESPN App cost anything?

If your cable or satellite provider is a participating affiliate, you should have access to WatchEspn...the easiest way to check is to access WatchEspn via computer - it will ask you for a little info to access the site - then give them what they need and you're in.

I'm not aware of the ability to purchase access to it - I'll defer that to those who may have that knowledge.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Pigsear

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 30, 2015, 04:28:30 pm
If your cable or satellite provider is a participating affiliate, you should have access to WatchEspn...the easiest way to check is to access WatchEspn via computer - it will ask you for a little info to access the site - then give them what they need and you're in.

I'm not aware of the ability to purchase access to it - I'll defer that to those who may have that knowledge.

I'll give it a try, thanks a lot.

elksnort

I really like my Apple TV. With Suddenlink, I can watch ESPN3, but it will inevitably "spool" or buffer.  M
I have a hard wired access point router so I that should not lend to the inconsistency.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: vandybuff on May 30, 2015, 04:07:45 pm
Well, it seems you feel that you are enjoying a tremendous benefit for little if any cost ...and that you are experiencing a bit of guilt.  You can mail me $5 cash if it will help.   :)
Nah, no guilt. Just a guy who is old enough to remember the day when computers were something banks and universities had and a color TV was something your rich neighbor had.  8) The idea that we can plug in something the size of a usb drive and broadcast HD signals into our TV would not have even crossed our mind back in the day.

Hogeration

Quote from: Danny J on May 30, 2015, 04:04:21 pm

They do. Watched Friday's game on phone through the app.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Danny J on May 30, 2015, 04:04:21 pm

They do. Download the app and when you click to watch it will have you choose your carrier (DirecTV) and log in with your DirecTV log in.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hogfan870

Quote from: dacskc on May 30, 2015, 10:40:15 am
$25 for a Chromecast was one of the better purchases I've made. I read a lot of horror stories about the quality of the picture/not working as advertised, but I've had zero problems with mine. I sound like an ad.

I am on iPad and my little chromecast logo doesn't show up in the watchespn app - anybody have suggestions?

Nevermind - just had to update app

tennesseehogwild

SEC Network now saying Florida-S. florida will be shown on Alt Channel....WTH is gonna be on reg SEC Networkk channel...Us I am hoping

vandybuff

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 30, 2015, 04:55:23 pm
Nah, no guilt. Just a guy who is old enough to remember the day when computers were something banks and universities had and a color TV was something your rich neighbor had.  8) The idea that we can plug in something the size of a usb drive and broadcast HD signals into our TV would not have even crossed our mind back in the day.
don't feel alone -- for a guy who spent a lot of money on a good slide rule in college (really), I am perpetually amazed --- "awed" --- at the ability of our tools today.  .. ... ... ... it's just so sad that we cannot keep up - hahaha!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 30, 2015, 05:57:42 pm
SEC Network now saying Florida-S. florida will be shown on Alt Channel....WTH is gonna be on reg SEC Networkk channel...Us I am hoping

LSU probably

95_alum

SEC Network shafted us. Showing golf.

popcornhog

Says College Baseball, but instead it's golf.

Is this happening for anyone else?
WPS

popcornhog

Never mind. They just started Florida, my bad.
WPS

rijkard

Here they have the Florida game on the SEC main and alternate network.

HamIAm

Let me correct something I said earlier.  I have been able to watch movies, youtube,etc from the laptop.  But Watch ESPN I've had to do with the smart phone as it requires the app.

rijkard

Showing the Florida game on SEC and alternate network. Are you serious.

hawgaddict01

i have to get something off my chest to someone besides my girlfriend... For those watching on espn3, is it just me or are these commentators all about some  okie lite? They are absolutely miserable to listen to and their lack of knowledge and excitement is making me want to jump off a cliff..  More so the so called "expert" and not the play by play guy.  Mckinney and bernal both had plays that could make the top 10 and they make it sound routine and show no emotion/excitement at all! Had to vent a little because my girlfriend just tells me to shut up and reminding me they can't hear me through the TV.

Dr. Starcs

Especially since they are "sec" guys.

MO.Hog

Roku devices also have the watch ESPN app. I have a chrome cast in back room and roku in front both worked great tonight. Well worth the money spent. For those looking to buy something for this, I would go with roku though for the fact that it has a lot more watching options than the few things chromecast supports.

popcornhog

Quote from: hawgaddict01 on May 30, 2015, 07:31:02 pm
i have to get something off my chest to someone besides my girlfriend... For those watching on espn3, is it just me or are these commentators all about some  okie lite? They are absolutely miserable to listen to and their lack of knowledge and excitement is making me want to jump off a cliff..  More so the so called "expert" and not the play by play guy.  Mckinney and bernal both had plays that could make the top 10 and they make it sound routine and show no emotion/excitement at all! Had to vent a little because my girlfriend just tells me to shut up and reminding me they can't hear me through the TV.

They were all over Benetendi's and Spoon's nuts. They didn't seem pro Okie Light at all. Just not pro Arkansas, either.
WPS

hawgaddict01

Quote from: popcornhog on May 30, 2015, 11:40:16 pm
They were all over Benetendi's and Spoon's nuts. They didn't seem pro Okie Light at all. Just not pro Arkansas, either.

You are right about that.. I guess in the early innings they didn't give us much love at all and seemed to be all over them and justifying terrible calls but as the game went on they got better.