Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAAT GAME 1 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (35-22, 0-0 NCAAT) vs #3 Oral Roberts (41-14, 0-0 NCAAT)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2015, 11:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogwild32

Phenomenal One

tennesseehogwild

We are down 2-0 but all 4 batters for the Hogs hit the ball hard....Cmon TK get it together and we got this.

HogFansReunited

This ump is killing us.  Hate to be negative but the strike zone was different for us.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jacobp

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 29, 2015, 12:24:29 pm
But they shouldn't have scored with a consistent zone.  You can't establish the low strike early and then call one over the plate at the knees a ball just like 5-10 pitches later.  That is what frustrates me the most with umps.
You'll not see me disagree with this.

flippinhogmana

Their pitcher is doing decently.  But we will break through in a bunch on theses guys...TK just needs to keep them right here...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

Knot2brite

Quote from: Phenomenal One on May 29, 2015, 12:32:48 pm
Ok what is that black thing Benintendi was wearing on his left hand?
Protect the fingers on his throwing hand if he steals.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Flatline

They are seeing the ball on this guy...should be a matter of time before they will start hitting him in the gaps.  I HOPE.

PorkRyan

flippinhogmana

ORU sends Domenco to the plate
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

tennesseehogwild

hogwild32

flippinhogmana

looked like the hitter was looking for a breaking ball

Next hitter soft liner to beni two down

flippinhogmana

Killian starts the next batter off with a called strike, foul back on the second 0-2

flippinhogmana

tennesseehogwild

flippinhogmana

PorkRyan

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2               Bot 2nd                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |
ORU       2 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  2  |  4  | 0  |
HOGS     0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  1  | 0  |

ARKANSAS                                                         ORAL ROBERTS

Serrano  lf       1-0                                            Whatley  c       2-1
Wernes  3b      1-0                                            James  cf         1-0
Benintendi cf    1-1                                           Brandy  2b      1-1
Spoon  rf         1-0                                            Sequeira  dh    1-1  RBI
Eagan  1b      .291                                            Afenir  1b        0-0  RBI
Nomura  2b    .312                                           Cummings  rf    1-0
McAfee  dh     .273                                            Domenico  lf    1-0
Bernal   ss      .282                                            Wilson  ss       1-0
Pennell  c       .167                                            Stafford  3b     1-1

Killian   P   4.72                                                 Trujillo  p    4.03     

hogwild32

Never thought I'd say this, but thank God for being 2.5 inches shorter!

tennesseehogwild

ricepig

flippinhogmana

I think that was either a changeup or over hand curve, Killian has fooled a couple of these hitters pretty bad (obviously not all of them though and not all the time).  He is pitching decent, this is just a good hitting team.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on May 29, 2015, 12:38:42 pm
These dudes rake
When the zone is one foot by one foot and corners are non existent...a lot of teams will rake

flippinhogmana

CJ HOG

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

Nomura fouls it to the right side out of play (on the ground) 0-1 count

flippinhogmana

Knot2brite

There is going to be a couple balls leave the park in left today with the wind blowing like it is

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

2               Top 3rd                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |
ORU       2 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  2  |  4  | 0  |
HOGS     0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  1  | 0  |

ARKANSAS                                                         ORAL ROBERTS

Serrano  lf       1-0                                            Whatley  c       2-1
Wernes  3b      1-0                                            James  cf         1-0
Benintendi cf    1-1                                           Brandy  2b      1-1
Spoon  rf         1-0                                            Sequeira  dh    1-1  RBI
Eagan  1b        1-0                                            Afenir  1b        0-0  RBI
Nomura  2b     1-0                                            Cummings  rf    1-0
McAfee  dh      1-0                                             Domenico  lf    1-0
Bernal   ss      .282                                            Wilson  ss       1-0
Pennell  c       .167                                            Stafford  3b     1-1

Killian   P   4.72                                                 Trujillo  p    4.03     

flippinhogmana

elksnort

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

PorkRyan

flippinhogmana

2nd oru batter of the inning takes a called strike on the inside corner
then another, 0-2

flippinhogmana

PorkRyan

Knot2brite

Suddenly the zone has widened and amazingly ORU batters are swinging at off speed pitches more ...wow

flippinhogmana

with two out Killian faces the clean up hitter again, gets the swing on the pitch he should have pitched the first time around