Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAAT GAME 1 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (35-22, 0-0 NCAAT) vs #3 Oral Roberts (41-14, 0-0 NCAAT)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2015, 11:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

NCAA TOURNAMENT - FIRST ROUND   
        #2 ARKANSAS vs #3 ORAL ROBERTS
                          At Allie P Reynolds Stadium, Stillwater, Ok

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch on FRIDAY is set for 12:00pm. This game WILL BE  TELEVISED on the SEC Network and broadcast live online on ESPN3. This is a first round NCAA Tournament game and is double elimination regional.

Weather Watch for Stillwater, Ok.:
Link to Hourly Forecast: 
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stillwater-ok/74074/hourly-weather-forecast/330129?hour=57

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

The #2 seed and 20th ranked Arkansas Razorbacks (35-22, 0-0 NCAAT) begin their 14th straight NCAA Tournament against the #3 seed and 32nd ranked Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (41-14, 0-0 NCAAT). This is the 28th NCAA Tournament appearance in program history for the Razorbacks and 25th for the Golden Eagles.

Arkansas has won three of its last six NCAA Regionals and advanced to the College World Series twice in the last six years. Oral Roberts returns to the NCAA Tournament after a two year hiatus, with its last College World Series appearance in 1978.

The Razorbacks did not lose a SEC series in their final 8 tries and won 18 of their last 23 regular season games. Oral Roberts is riding a six-game winning streak which is tied for the seventh-longest active streak in the country.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ARKANSAS PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/omahogs-set-for-stillwater-regional-opener/

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/baseball/2015/NCAA_01.pdf

ORAL ROBERTS PREVIEW:
http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/bsb/2014-15/releases/20150527woztbh

ORAL ROBERTS GAME NOTES:
http://static.psbin.com/8/w/jglqx5o52hfpjw/NCAA_Regionals_Edited_For_Web.pdf

TEAM COMPARISONS:

Nat'l    Runs     Runs
        SEED |     W/L    |  RPI |  NPI |  SOS  |  Conference  |  Rank | Scored | Allowed |
ARK      2   |   35-22   |   35  |  47 |   19    |   SECW 3rd    |   20  |   6.0     |   4.8     |
ORU      3   |   41-14   |  37  |  10  |  144   | Summit 1st   |    32  |   7.3    |    4.0     |

PITCHING:
           era   games  cg   sho   sv    ip        h      r     er     bb    so   2b   3b   hr   b/avg
ARK    4.16    57      2    5/4   11   499.2  478  272  231  247  425   70    6   29   .257
ORU    3.10   55                           479.2  453  221  165  146  414

HITTING:
          avg   games     r       h     2b   3b   hr   rbi    slg%   bb   hbp    so    ob%   sb-att
ARK   .289     57       340  550   96   17   49  300   .435   245   53    371  .381    48-70 
ORU  .321      55      404   610  127   8    37  371   .455   259   37    349  .408   51-34

FIELDING:
            po      a       e      fld%
ARK     1499   652   54    .976
ORU     1439   527   70    .966

FRIDAY'S PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS:
               (ARK) - RHP Trey Killian (2-4) vs.  (ORU) - RHP Guillermo Trujillo (10-3)

era    w-l   app-gs   cg  sho   sv    ip      h    r    er   bb   so  2b 3b  hr  b/avg
Trujillo   4.03  10-3  14-14     0   0/0   0   82.2  79  42   37   25  68              5
Killian    4.72    2-4  12-12     0   0/0   0   68.2  76  39   36   20  50   18   0   6   .285

ARK SEASON STATS:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2015/teamcume.htm

ORU SEASON STATS:
http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/bsb/2014-15/teams/oralroberts

ORAL ROBERTS BASEBALL WEBSITE:
http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/bsb/index

UP NEXT:
The winner of this game will face the winner of the Oklahoma State and St Johns game at 6:00pm Saturday while the losers will meet at noon.

Stillwater Regional Bracket:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/baseball/2015/Stillwater_Bracket.pdf

For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Razorbacks#1 and flippinhogmana will each provide some innings of play-by-play narrative for this game with Raz#1 leading off and flippin taking over the 2nd inning. Others are always welcome to pitch in, so just speak up if you would like to help out, even if only for a inning or two. I look forward to assisting as needed for this game and hope that the many others will continue to bring quality input to the game threads. GHG!  :razorback:

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Flatline

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BroyledNutts

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

hogfan14

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 29, 2015, 11:21:40 am
So ORU's clean up hitter is their DH and 3b and they have 2 at 3b.  :o

An unconventional way to play defense, to say the least.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

dotnet

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 29, 2015, 11:21:40 am
So ORU's clean up hitter is their DH and 3b and they have 2 at 3b.  :o

No, designated hitter is their third baseman

flippinhogmana

my ability to help out with the broadcast is similar to the chances of getting it in period I guess.  We just came under a weather alert...its raining moderately at the moment.  I am about sixty miles east of Stillwater
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jry04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 29, 2015, 11:33:40 am
my ability to help out with the broadcast is similar to the chances of getting it in period I guess.  We just came under a weather alert...its raining moderately at the moment.  I am about sixty miles east of Stillwater
Luckily all of the rain is staying east. We will get our game in without any problem. I would be surprised if we have any delay unless something pops up out of nowhere, which is always possible.

May have a brief rain shower it in an hour or two, though.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

PigWig

flippinhogmana

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2015, 11:37:08 pm
Just win baby

Exactly.  I hope DVH has made it clear that "hosting supers" should not even be a thought in the players' minds.

Control your own destiny, play the way that we all know these guys can play, and everything will take care of itself.

Let's GO HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0               TOP 1st                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
ORU          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
HOGS        |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

ARKANSAS                                                         ORAL ROBERTS

Serrano  lf      .273                                           Whatley  c      .343
Wernes  3b     .291                                           James  cf       .342
Benintendi cf  .391                                            Brandy  2b     .316
Spoon  rf       .325                                            Sequeira  dh   .343
Eagan  1b      .291                                            Afenir  1b        .340
Nomura  2b    .312                                           Cummings  rf   .333
McAfee  dh     .273                                            Domenico  lf    .294
Bernal   ss      .282                                            Wilson  ss        .305
Pennell  c       .167                                            Stafford  3b      .303

Killian   P   4.72                                                 Trujillo  p    4.03     

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

tennesseehogwild

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Tk got him down 0-2 and whately reached for a fastball that he got up the middle, not a bad pitch, better hitting

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

looks like this ump is giving a low strike zone so far...thats good for TK

tennesseehogwild

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

I have always thought beating ORU was like beating my brother...well, today it has to be done.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

need a double play now, wernes would have had that if he hadnt been guarding the line.

hogwild32

flippinhogmana

ump calls a strike on a low ball then calls a ball on a better pitch on what would have been strike three, I always hated that when I played.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Sequeira with a double to center, 1 run scores, runners on 2nd and 3rd
1-0 OR

THUNDER!

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

tennesseehogwild

Would've liked to see a breaking ball down and in  on that one.....Gonna have to answer these guys!