Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Tournament Score Tracking Thread and Discussion

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2015, 09:00:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ HOG

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Looks like ESPN3 for us tomorrow at 6pm.

Surprised, I thought if it was us and OSU, it would be on TV.

HogFansReunited

St. Johns pitches their ace and they probably win. Still don't understand why they would have saved him. Oh well, bring on Oklahoma State.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

CJ HOG

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 29, 2015, 09:11:11 pm
Looks like ESPN3 for us tomorrow at 6pm.

Surprised, I thought if it was us and OSU, it would be on TV.
I agree that's kind of a head scratcher....1 vs 2, SEC vs Big 12...what else could you ask for.

tennesseehogwild

The error on the leadoff bunt attempt hurt them bad in the 9th. Pokes are some bunting fools....LOL Most teams haven't seen this many bunts in one game

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Oklahoma State will throw Michael Freeman, a 6-foot-8 senior left-hander against us. He has NCAA's lowest ERA among starters (1.05).

Maddhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 29, 2015, 09:14:09 pm
St. Johns pitches their ace and they probably win. Still don't understand why they would have saved him. Oh well, bring on Oklahoma State.

Both coaches said that they weren't "saving" their aces, they were just leaving them in their normal rotation.  They are both Saturday pitchers.   I kind of think OSU had a different motive though.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

SPAL

Maddhog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 29, 2015, 09:15:59 pm

Oklahoma State will throw Michael Freeman, a 6-foot-8 senior left-hander against us. He has NCAA's lowest ERA among starters (1.05).

Sounds like our worst nightmare.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

CJ HOG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 29, 2015, 09:19:09 pm
VCU up big on Dallas Baptist
Dallas Baptist and their big bad RPI are down to their last out down 7-2......Suprise, suprise

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Am I hallucinating or is the Big Ten undefeated today? 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

tennesseehogwild

Kevin

Bradley , radford, & coastal carolina with their big bad rpi all lost
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tennesseehogwild

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Kevin on May 29, 2015, 09:26:12 pm

Add DBU to that list...

ricepig

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2015, 09:37:41 pm
Ah, they just lost so they could play the whorns....

I think you're on to something.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on May 29, 2015, 09:26:12 pm
Bradley was below .500 in Missouri Valley conference play.  Only reason they made the tourney was because of a top 20 RPI which shows just how much of a sham it is.  Outside of the RPI, how could the committee give Bradley a 2 seed while leaving Mizzou out of the field who went .500 in SEC play?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 29, 2015, 09:23:20 pm
Dallas Baptist and their big bad RPI are down to their last out down 7-2......Suprise, suprise

Where's Kevin...like I said earlier Dallas baptist had a horrible sos.  they got that rpi by manipulation.  They like missouri state is a decent team (mostate is better) but they lack the depth and overall arent a team the calibre of the top five or six of the SEC, they should never have been a national seed.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 29, 2015, 10:23:31 pm
Bradley was below .500 in Missouri Valley conference play.  Only reason they made the tourney was because of a top 20 RPI which shows just how much of a sham it is.  Outside of the RPI, how could the committee give Bradley a 2 seed while leaving Mizzou out of the field who went .500 in SEC play?

no way, there are four teams really ticked off right now, saying 'we told ya so'

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

D1 Baseball's Regional Madness:
Friday's Instant Analysis and a look at Saturday's action
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/regional-madness-fridays-instant-analysis/

Most anticipated games:
1.College of Charleston at Florida State
2.Arkansas at Oklahoma State
3.Indiana at Vanderbilt
4.Texas at Dallas Baptist
5.NC State at TCU
6.Cal at Texas A&M
7.Arizona State at Cal State Fullerton
8.UCSB vs Southern California
9.Michigan at Louisville
10.UNC-Wilmington at LSU

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 29, 2015, 10:23:31 pm

I have been saying it is a sham since they made the change to it. It just took a couple of years for the coaches to figure it out.

I hope this leads to more changes. Also notice the surprise host team Fullerton got beat.

This is exactly what needed to happen.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

dotnet

Kevin

tennesseehogwild

I have a feeling the Santa Barbara/Lake Elsinore Regional is gonna be a free-for-all. UVa prob has the advantage but I wouldnt count any of the 4 teams out of it til after the USC-UCSB game

Iwastherein1969

win today against the OSU ace and they are meat...they will lay down just like OU did back in 2009....basically, today the Hogs play for the regional....OSU will have fired their best shot and come up short if we can pull this one off....today is the day
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dr. Starcs

Hogz87

May 30, 2015, 12:32:06 pm #129 Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:39:47 pm by Hogz87
Quote from: CJ HOG on May 29, 2015, 09:23:20 pm
Didn't DBU host a regional last year and go 2-and-'cue?  Maybe if the same thing happens to them again this year, the committee will think twice before looking at their RPI and deciding to let them host.

Lake City Hog

The Dallas Regional is 4 #3 seeds at the very best! Look at the Fort Worth Regional, 1 good team and 3 #4's.

Then compare those to the Stillwater Regional where there is 2 #1's and probably 2 #2's!!

Lake City Hog

Life is pretty simple, put in artificial data and 99% of the time you gets artificial results. The NCAA has to finally figure out that this isn't Tee Ball and everyone doesn't get a trophy!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Lake City Hog on May 30, 2015, 01:11:55 pm
The Dallas Regional is 4 #3 seeds at the very best! Look at the Fort Worth Regional, 1 good team and 3 #4's.

Then compare those to the Stillwater Regional where there is 2 #1's and probably 2 #2's!!
one is headed to the house today

Iwastherein1969

Dr. Starcs

Yes. St. John's should've pitched this guy last night. Obvious to everyone but the sju coach apparently.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 30, 2015, 01:28:07 pm
Yes. St. John's should've pitched this guy last night. Obvious to everyone but the sju coach apparently.
thank God they are burning this guy today

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hogz87 on May 30, 2015, 12:32:06 pm
Didn't DBU host a regional last year and go 2-and-'cue?  Maybe if the same thing happens to them again this year, the committee will think twice before looking at their RPI and deciding to let them host.

In 2014 DBU was a 2 seed in the Fort Worth Regional. They did go 0-2...

ricepig

Auburn makes Mercer the first team sent home, WarTiggerEaglesPlainsmen win 1-0.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

SJU gets a run on a double and a fielding error. 10-4 Saint John's in the seventh

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Florida Atlantic defeats Florida A&M 8-1 at Gainesville Regional; Florida A&M eliminated

ricepig

Ok, I'll bring up the fashion police, what's up with the "L's" on Louisville's pants, looks stupid.

Razorback7281

SJU beats ORU. Game ended on an awful strikeout call on a check swing. Probably didn't matter but still you hate to see someone's season end like that. Seems like we have got the bottom of the barrel for umpires in this regional.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Hogz87

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 30, 2015, 01:49:46 pm
In 2014 DBU was a 2 seed in the Fort Worth Regional. They did go 0-2...
My bad.  For some reason I thought there was a year (2014 or 2013) they hosted and got bounced after two games. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 30, 2015, 03:35:07 pm
SJU beats ORU. Game ended on an awful strikeout call on a check swing. Probably didn't matter but still you hate to see someone's season end like that. Seems like we have got the bottom of the barrel for umpires in this regional.
I'm glad ORU is gone. Was worried about them.

And then there were three.

SPAL

Michigan threw a fastball right over the plate with an 0-2 count and Louisville made him pay. A 2 run blast gives Louisville a 2-1 lead in the 7th

NLRHog92

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2015, 03:25:36 pm
Ok, I'll bring up the fashion police, what's up with the "L's" on Louisville's pants, looks stupid.

It's an Adidas thing. A&M has something similar. It's awful, their styles in CFB are pretty bad sometimes as well.

Dr. Starcs

0-2 pitches have really hurt pitchers so far. Can't understand why they continue to groove these seems like.

ucahogfan

Free baseball in College Station.  Score tied at 1 after 9 between TAMU and Cal.  Cal is the home team.

ucahogfan

Cody Jones ‏@CJonesScout  · 11m11 minutes ago 
A.J. Puk's day is done: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K. Retired the final 14 batters and 18 of the last 19 he faced. #Gators up 5-0, mid 8.

ucahogfan

In College Station, the Cal LF just saved the game as he robbed a HR with 2 outs and a runner on 1B in the top of the 11th.  Score still tied at 1.