Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody up for running point on PBP Friday?

Started by SPAL, May 28, 2015, 09:00:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

I'm making a call to the bullpen....we need someone to do play by play for the Friday game. Anybody available and willing?

Razorbacks#1

I already discussed with ARKANSAS. I 'll provide it if no one else can, although I am a poor hand at it.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2015, 09:00:02 pm
I'm making a call to the bullpen....we need someone to do play by play for the Friday game. Anybody available and willing?
Was hoping Pocono would sneak out of work early. :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SPAL

I was under the impression you weren't available. Otherwise, it is yours if you want it. I'll leave it open for a while to see who may want it, also.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on May 28, 2015, 09:01:39 pm
I already discussed with ARKANSAS. I 'll provide it if no one else can, although I am a poor hand at it.
You are a great Hog fan and Hogvillian for taking off work to make sure the game thread has play by play narrative. +100

flippinhogmana

I will give Razor and Arkansas a hand as needed SPAL...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Dr. Starcs

So what's the best way for me to do this....

Working away from tv/computer tomorrow until at least 3:00.

Do I: a) try to avoid updates at all costs and watch dvr later?
Or b)Track game on phone live and watch dvr later?

Calling in sick is not an option.

Maddhog

I will be relying on you guys since I will be working.   Don't disappoint.  ⚾️
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

SPAL

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 28, 2015, 10:17:19 pm

How likely is it that you won't get any updates? If minimal, go with that.

Dr. Starcs

Iffy. I'd say there's a 50% chance somebody will say something.

Decisions, decisions. Lol

AirForceHog

I'm sure I'll throw my unimportant 2 cents in here and there. Go Hogs!
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

SPAL

Yeah, tough call. Knowing me, somebody would say something at 250.

SPAL

I'll let raz1 run it and flippin can bexwating to come in if needed.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Maddhog on May 28, 2015, 10:18:10 pm
I will be relying on you guys since I will be working.   Don't disappoint.  ⚾️
No, we won't disappoint. We only had one miscommunication this year and it was a game that was continued from Saturday night to Sunday AM.

Raz#1 deserves a lot of praise. He's been the backup or the backup to the backup for almost every game this year and he has to be prepared to step in at anytime, but he doesn't always get recognized. 

Pocono should be back for Saturday and Sunday. 

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 28, 2015, 10:59:11 pm
No, we won't disappoint. We only had one miscommunication this year and it was a game that was continued from Saturday night to Sunday AM.

Raz#1 deserves a lot of praise. He's been the backup or the backup to the backup for almost every game this year and he has to be prepared to step in at anytime, but he doesn't always get recognized. 

Pocono should be back for Saturday and Sunday. 
Thanks for the kind words ARKANSAS. I do not post for recognition, post count, karma, etc., I post because I owe this board, the Hogvillian family, payback, for those who have provided me an opportunity to follow along, or catch a recap of a Hog Baseball, football, or basketball game while deployed, on the road, or at work. Many thanks to all here at Hogville who provide the same service.

THUNDER!

4Lions04

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 28, 2015, 10:17:19 pm

I'm taking the DVR route. I'm going without social media and I'm going to put my phone on do not disturb. 

The bad part is that I actually got permission from my boss to take the afternoon off only to realize a few minutes later that I had a real estate closing scheduled for 3:00 this afternoon. 

onebadrubi

I can if I can get all my work completed by first pitch.  But can't guesntee anything

Flatline

I always kept up on here and then would go home and watch the game later.

flippinhogmana

hopefully most everybody will have the pleasure of either being there or watching on tv, live or dvr.  But sometimes I have been there where those options weren't available and I really appreciated the thread even more those times.  It is for those times that Arkansas, SPAL, UCA, POCONO, RAZOR1,Broyled, and others are willing to share the thread: that and just to share the 'backs with our fellow fans.  Here's hoping that Beni is himself today, that Killian shines brightest on the biggest stage and that the teams cranks it up today!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

HogFansReunited

I am also stuck at work.  I am going to DVR the game, stream it on a work computer, and keep up with the game thread.  Hopefully I don't miss anything lol.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568